Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 May 2014, 18:32 (Ref:3411944)   #51
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few photos here from Sunday (the sunny day)
http://chrisdickenphotos.weebly.com/...atch-2014.html
Old 28 May 2014, 21:46 (Ref:3412083)   #52
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The boys had a look at quick TVR and mentioned that it was extremely well prepared!
Old 28 May 2014, 22:13 (Ref:3412096)   #53
oneofapair
Racer

oneofapair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Masters Brands Hatch 2014

Some pics Of Roger Wills in his attempt to take the lead on opening lap going into Westfield. Well controlled detour,very entertaining.Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4163.JPG   IMG_4164.JPG   IMG_4166.jpg  

IMG_4168.jpg   IMG_4171.jpg  
Old 29 May 2014, 05:26 (Ref:3412180)   #54
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
The boys had a look at quick TVR and mentioned that it was extremely well prepared!
Also extremely well set up for the wet, and pushed extremely hard considering the conditions, I have now been told! Bit demoralising for those that already thought they had quick Granturas- a case of back to the drawing board, maybe.......

Old 29 May 2014, 16:07 (Ref:3412379)   #55
Leo Landman
Rookie

Netherlands
Netherlands
Leo Landman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Landman View Post
Can anyone tell me if the petrol station in the BH paddock is operational, and if so, what octane number is available?
I can now answer my own question: yes, petrol is available in the BH paddock but it's only 95 octane.
On Saturday and Sunday the Sunoco truck was there. On Monday we were on our own, and had to find suitable fuel elsewhere.

Great event though, wonderful atmosphere, good racing, I enjoyed myself silly.
Old 29 May 2014, 17:41 (Ref:3412418)   #56
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here are a few of my efforts from Saturday, the rest are in an album on my Flickr account.

Rudolf Ernst - March 721. by Paul Babington Photography, on Flickr

Leo Voyazdies/Simon Hadfield - Ford Falcon - Pre-66 Touring cars. by Paul Babington Photography, on Flickr

John Huges - FIA Lurani Trophy, on his way to Saturday's win. by Paul Babington Photography, on Flickr

Stephan Rettenmaier - Maserati 8CM 3020. by Paul Babington Photography, on Flickr

Lola T70 MK3 at Hawthorns. by Paul Babington Photography, on Flickr

The link to the album is here.
Old 29 May 2014, 18:47 (Ref:3412449)   #57
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great pics everyone. Spent the whole weekend camped out at the back of the main grandstand living on Kentagon fodder mainly.
The historic sportscars in particular were superb to watch on the GP loop - love that Osella but by God with such a short wheelbase it sure was twitchy in the wet on Saturday. Great weekend, thanks to everyone concerned with the exception of MSV regarding the total lack of a visible lap board. I've been banging on about it for years but it would seem that track limit electronics are more important than informing spectators of race positions!
Old 29 May 2014, 21:22 (Ref:3412518)   #58
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree there was a lap board/positions on the inside half way up Hailwood hill visible from the Paddock Grandstand which didn't work then vanished!
Old 29 May 2014, 21:22 (Ref:3412519)   #59
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Bit demoralising for those that already thought they had quick Granturas- a case of back to the drawing board, maybe.......

I find it quite inspiring - always knew I had a slow Grantura so now I know how fast it could go if it was well prepared!

Of course I'd have to be able to drive as well as Sean too!
Old 30 May 2014, 06:09 (Ref:3412592)   #60
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGT6 View Post
I find it quite inspiring - always knew I had a slow Grantura so now I know how fast it could go if it was well prepared!

That's the attitude- positive thinking! We'll keep an eye on your lap times, just let us know when you are out in the TVR next.....

Sean appears on the entry list for the 3 hr at Snett, but no car or co-driver listed. He will need at least one of each!

Old 30 May 2014, 08:18 (Ref:3412618)   #61
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Start with a new T45 chassis and integral cage . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGT6 View Post

Old 30 May 2014, 11:41 (Ref:3412663)   #62
nigelgreensall
Rookie

nigelgreensall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a great weekend of racing, as always and helped by the occasion rain shower !

Wonderful to see the pictures.

Here are some of the early laps from Saturdays Masters GT race -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMWnbLCBZEM

cheers

Nigel
Old 30 May 2014, 12:11 (Ref:3412666)   #63
Thurner_fan
Rookie

Thurner_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Start with a new T45 chassis and integral cage . . . .
You'll have to excuse my ignorance on chassis materials but what exactly is it that makes T45 better than 'normal' steel and, as implied, able to deliver a quicker car? Are there any downsides to T45?

And is it your opinion that the difference is more important that basic driver competence/skill/bravery?
Old 31 May 2014, 07:05 (Ref:3413039)   #64
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yeaaaaa welcome to 10/10 ths Nigel .
Old 31 May 2014, 08:06 (Ref:3413046)   #65
nigelgreensall
Rookie

Cheers Iain, great to see you at Brands Hatch, how was your weekend
Old 31 May 2014, 08:33 (Ref:3413050)   #66
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelgreensall View Post
It was a great weekend of racing, as always and helped by the occasion rain shower !

Wonderful to see the pictures.

Here are some of the early laps from Saturdays Masters GT race -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMWnbLCBZEM

cheers

Nigel
Welcome to 10-Tenths Nigel, what an education on racing lines, especially noticeable by the amount of track you make up around Graham Hill bend
compared with the other cars.
Old 31 May 2014, 08:36 (Ref:3413052)   #67
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, great stuff, Nigel. Hope that you stay around and give us more contributions.
Old 31 May 2014, 09:11 (Ref:3413063)   #68
nigelgreensall
Rookie

Thanks Tim and John, during the rain i found the Indy part of the circuit very slippery, hence wet weather lines at Graham Hill and Surtess, while the GP part of the track had lots of grip when wet, so i was then using dry weather racing lines on that part.