Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 May 2019, 15:48 (Ref:3902007)   #101
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Marcus was on 750 M/C duties at Silystone .
Old 5 May 2019, 16:11 (Ref:3902010)   #102
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Ah, when I spoke to him in the Donny paddock, it wasn’t him, then! (Friday, probably passing through...... )
Old 5 May 2019, 17:42 (Ref:3902019)   #103
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yep.
Old 5 May 2019, 17:48 (Ref:3902023)   #104
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
We had our new quick lad out in Brabham BT2. Two second places . I also repaired lotus 22 last night which was 3 rd . So very satisfied with result . After good race yesterday in the Taraschi I had a DNF today .Still happy as made progress with the car . My other FJ cars finished so happy days . It was nice to. catch up with old friends from GTSCC race last night . Brought back some happy times when we raced the Lotus17. I got back to work around 4 pm and have just had a nice bike ride home . PS sorry missed you to say goodbye GP. Thanks again for all your help
Old 5 May 2019, 17:51 (Ref:3902024)   #105
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent Iain, wish I could have been there.
Old 5 May 2019, 18:12 (Ref:3902030)   #106
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Is Marcus Pye on the commentary this weekend? Presumably alongside(or behind!) Ian Titmarsh?
No he was at Silverstone for CSCC.
Old 5 May 2019, 19:11 (Ref:3902053)   #107
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
We had our new quick lad out in Brabham BT2. Two second places . I also repaired lotus 22 last night which was 3 rd . So very satisfied with result . After good race yesterday in the Taraschi I had a DNF today .Still happy as made progress with the car . My other FJ cars finished so happy days . It was nice to. catch up with old friends from GTSCC race last night . Brought back some happy times when we raced the Lotus17. I got back to work around 4 pm and have just had a nice bike ride home . PS sorry missed you to say goodbye GP. Thanks again for all your help

No Problem Iain, you were right to leg it when you did.

I departed not long after you.

Pics to follow, if I can get them sorted before heading off to West Wales for a few days.
Old 5 May 2019, 21:53 (Ref:3902081)   #108
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Enjoyable day, with lots of good battles throughout the various races.
Took too many photos, especially of the HTCC/TDT race but also spent lots of time just watching.
Excellent value for a day's racing as part of a car club
Good run home and have finally warmed up.
Old 6 May 2019, 06:54 (Ref:3902152)   #109
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Crikey - he was doing the CSCC stuff at Silverstone too ...
Old 6 May 2019, 08:52 (Ref:3902166)   #110
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
HTCC race was probably the best one there has been since the seried began!

What a battle all the way to pitstops!

I had no idea Chris Boardman is THE Chris Boardman, the ex cycling champ. Works for AMSpeed apparently?
He came steaming through the field in the opening laps in the Hogarth M3 and was involved in the heated lead battle with Turkington in Mark Smiths DTM version, the Cologne Capris and RS500's.

Ken Clarke's Rover looked and sounded superb as always.

Quite enjoyed the opening race with what looked like anything goes entered!!!
Old 6 May 2019, 12:32 (Ref:3902232)   #111
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sunday was my first day on the bank this year, and what a great day to get back to it. Thankfully everyone behaved and my post (4, exit of Redgate) had nothing to do bar wave a couple of greens and yellows for incidents either side - and an awful lot of blues

Some cracking racing throughout the various classes and lovely to see next to no contact despite there being only a feeler gauge width between the cars at points. Well done all.

The brief bit of rain with 15 minutes of the final race to go livened things up a bit, didn't it?
Old 6 May 2019, 13:13 (Ref:3902238)   #112
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Sunday was my first day on the bank this year, and what a great day to get back to it. Thankfully everyone behaved and my post (4, exit of Redgate) had nothing to do bar wave a couple of greens and yellows for incidents either side - and an awful lot of blues

Some cracking racing throughout the various classes and lovely to see next to no contact despite there being only a feeler gauge width between the cars at points. Well done all.

The brief bit of rain with 15 minutes of the final race to go livened things up a bit, didn't it?
Incidents did seem fewer than usual at Redgate but other places were busier based on the number of Safety Car periods over the weekend.

I was disappointed that the Cheetah took a fairly large hit and had to drop out of the race after a handful of laps of the opening race yesterday. And 2 cars off on the first lap at McCleans was not an auspicious start although apparently someone had a suspension failure that resulted in the problems observed.

But overall things seemed to run well and almost on time most of the day(s) so what incidents there were cannot have been disruptively bad.
Old 6 May 2019, 15:05 (Ref:3902256)   #113
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

I had no idea Chris Boardman is THE Chris Boardman, the ex cycling champ. Works for AMSpeed apparently?
He came steaming through the field in the opening laps in the Hogarth M3 and was involved in the heated lead battle with Turkington in Mark Smiths DTM version, the Cologne Capris and RS500's.

!!
Thats because it isnt the same chap, i dont think.

http://www.motorracinglegends.com/blog/brilliant-boardman-boosts-hogarth-to-gold-cup-glory/
Old 6 May 2019, 16:33 (Ref:3902265)   #114
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Incidents did seem fewer than usual at Redgate but other places were busier based on the number of Safety Car periods over the weekend.

I was disappointed that the Cheetah took a fairly large hit and had to drop out of the race after a handful of laps of the opening race yesterday. And 2 cars off on the first lap at McCleans was not an auspicious start although apparently someone had a suspension failure that resulted in the problems observed.

But overall things seemed to run well and almost on time most of the day(s) so what incidents there were cannot have been disruptively bad.
One of the drivers in the Allstars race needed the assistance of the medical staff in the pitlane.It seemed to come from when the Cheetah came in which smelt quite strongly of oil.

Yes the Red Corvette had the Suspension failiure.It will be back out in a couple of weeks according the one of the Morleys insta.
Old 7 May 2019, 12:38 (Ref:3902457)   #115
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Thats because it isnt the same chap, i dont think.

http://www.motorracinglegends.com/bl...old-cup-glory/
Crikey, I saw that piece when I was googling the name on Sunday but didn't read the whole article! Oops

Old 7 May 2019, 20:44 (Ref:3902511)   #116
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry if a bit late, was at Donington on Saturday and despite the cold, wind and odd hail shower was a canny days racing. Tho i did think it felt a bit flat compared to last few years with noticeably less car clubs on the infield and even the paddock felt a bit more empty than normal.

Anyhow, heres my vid from Saturday if anyone interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcZf1RX36vI
Old 7 May 2019, 21:56 (Ref:3902518)   #117
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great vid as always Craig.

The event did feel more of a club meeting (no bad thing) than I expected.Excellent days racing though.

Glad you captured the Jaguar race ending.Great to watch with just a little contact.
Old 8 May 2019, 14:55 (Ref:3902642)   #118
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
One of the drivers in the Allstars race needed the assistance of the medical staff in the pitlane.It seemed to come from when the Cheetah came in which smelt quite strongly of oil.

Yes the Red Corvette had the Suspension failiure.It will be back out in a couple of weeks according the one of the Morleys insta.
That might account for the wayward handled through the old hairpin. Retro-Speed Magazine (www.retro-speed.co.uk)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2398.JPG  
Old 8 May 2019, 20:51 (Ref:3902697)   #119
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A couple of batches from Sunday:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0133.jpg   IMG_0192.jpg   IMG_0268.jpg  

IMG_0354.jpg   IMG_0839.jpg   IMG_0930.jpg  

Old 8 May 2019, 20:58 (Ref:3902698)   #120
brands
Veteran

and a second batch, gallery will be online soon.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1034.jpg   IMG_1133.jpg   IMG_1218.jpg  

IMG_1269.jpg   IMG_1288.jpg   IMG_1376.jpg  

Old 10 May 2019, 09:27 (Ref:3902939)   #121
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Although I've been to few test sessions, this was first race meeting at Donington since about 1993! It's changed somewhat!

A few of my snaps.

Christopher Drake - Terrier Mk4..Michael Hibberd - Lola Mk2 by Alan Raine, on Flickr

Richard Bradley - Brabham BT2 by Alan Raine, on Flickr

Wakeman - Blakeney-Edwards Cooper T38 by Alan Raine, on Flickr

Jags by Alan Raine, on Flickr

Ewan Sergison - Maserati 6CM by Alan Raine, on Flickr

Richard Kent - Lister Jaguar Costin by Alan Raine, on Flickr
Old 10 May 2019, 09:29 (Ref:3902940)   #122
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Nice! The 6CM and Lister are especially so......
Old 10 May 2019, 11:21 (Ref:3902960)   #123
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Just spotted Delta's legs
Old 10 May 2019, 11:26 (Ref:3902962)   #124
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine View Post
He gets in everywhere!
Old 10 May 2019, 11:31 (Ref:3902964)   #125
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine View Post

Notwithstanding the legs, that is a very pretty racing car.