Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jun 2015, 23:04 (Ref:3545372)   #256
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I may be wrong, but I don't think I ever had a subscriber I'd before. I ink I just paid via iTunes?????
Whatever I did almost the same as isynge, except I made up a new name/password and it worked. Although it is possible I used the same as before coincidentally?!
For me I used the same email address and different password than last year and have not (as of yet) had any issues. I just subscribed like I had no account last year and everything went through. I did have a problem with my password last year and was emailed a new password that I used for the whole season without any further problems. Sorry to hear you guys are having issues but I do admit the video/sound is worth the money - much much much much better than last year...

I am using the WEC Live subscription service - not the app

Last edited by Livininthinair; 5 Jun 2015 at 23:16.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 23:11 (Ref:3545376)   #257
isynge
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I may be wrong, but I don't think I ever had a subscriber I'd before. I ink I just paid via iTunes?????
Whatever I did almost the same as isynge, except I made up a new name/password and it worked. Although it is possible I used the same as before coincidentally?!
I think you might be right - looking back I think I bought through Google Play Store - so thought it was tied to my Google ID - which wasn't the username and password I used when getting the app to work tonight.

Is this a loophole - i.e. can someone download the app and then just put any old details in or is it doing some sort of check to see if the associated Google or iTunes (is it on Windows Phone / Blackberry?) account on the device has purchased it? Other people can carp much more effectively than me about this, but while the app (when it works) delivers a quality stream, it really doesn't have the nice polished feeling about it that it really should.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 23:17 (Ref:3545377)   #258
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My guess was that they did it quickly before and used the Google or iTunes payment thing. Now they want your contact details and to control the subscription themselves. Is that plausible? The app knew you had subscribed already?
I checked and I had paid via iTunes.

I did wonder if this meant I could now log on via the web rather than the app and have the access there too. I haven't checked.

(Sorry for the painful autocorrect in my last post. I'd before? I ink? )
Old 5 Jun 2015, 23:37 (Ref:3545380)   #259
isynge
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
My guess was that they did it quickly before and used the Google or iTunes payment thing. Now they want your contact details and to control the subscription themselves. Is that plausible? The app knew you had subscribed already?
I checked and I had paid via iTunes.

I did wonder if this meant I could now log on via the web rather than the app and have the access there too. I haven't checked.

(Sorry for the painful autocorrect in my last post. I'd before? I ink? )
At risk of straying vastly off topic having the ease of doing payment and authentication through Google or iTunes will raise the sign up rate, because it makes it easy in that you don't have to dig out your payment details etc - and if you cleverly write the sign up process and hook it in with your marketing automation you get all the useful details anyway. That said, having gone to see if there was a meaningful way of testing to see if the login I'd used worked on a Web version was a pretty fruitless experience so I'm not sure they've quite grasped how to link together users to subscribers to something they can effectively sell.

Just so long as they don't insist on a vast app update on the Saturday morning of Le Mans (not unheard of) I'll forgive them most of these digital transgressions, but I do wish they'd hire someone who paid proper attention to it as a delivery channel.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 23:41 (Ref:3545381)   #260
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh well, it was a nice theory that they would link.
It is appropriate as it reminds me of the kind of process you have when ordering tickets direct from the ACO. At least this didn't involve ringing the ticket office

Old 6 Jun 2015, 00:09 (Ref:3545386)   #261
HR186S
Rookie

Australia
Australia
HR186S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there an option on the WEC Streaming to just have the live natural sound?
Old 6 Jun 2015, 12:36 (Ref:3545509)   #262
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Just seen Eurosport's advert for their coverage; "three giant manufacturers". Start as you mean to go on, eh?
Old 6 Jun 2015, 12:56 (Ref:3545515)   #263
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Just seen Eurosport's advert for their coverage; "three giant manufacturers". Start as you mean to go on, eh?
Toyota, Nissan, Volkswagen Group
Old 6 Jun 2015, 12:58 (Ref:3545517)   #264
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Touché.

Although judging by their Rally Acores coverage I'm inclined not to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 13:03 (Ref:3545520)   #265
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Last year in their pre race PR it seemed like the race was only going to include Webber, Dempsey and Fabian whatever the name of that French footballer was. But it wasn't too bad at all in the actual broadcasts
Old 6 Jun 2015, 17:17 (Ref:3545575)   #266
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
That advert confused me first time round. But on second listen I think it said Audi are at the top of the tree with three giant manufacturers trying to dislodge them.

Or something to that effect. Are you joining us in France Rodger?
Old 6 Jun 2015, 18:17 (Ref:3545597)   #267
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
That advert confused me first time round. But on second listen I think it said Audi are at the top of the tree with three giant manufacturers trying to dislodge them.

Or something to that effect. Are you joining us in France Rodger?
Ahh, will try it again, should Eurosport remember to archive the second day of the rally.

About next week...... genuinely undecided at the moment. I have a plan sorted, but not sure I'm willing trade Spa 24 and four days holiday for it (I'm saving days for Catalunya and Valais!). Need to make a decision by Monday.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 19:45 (Ref:3545619)   #268
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HR186S View Post
Is there an option on the WEC Streaming to just have the live natural sound?
Probably not, but Eurosport Player (based on your country flag you need to use VPN) has a no commentary / no ad breaks stream for each session. Last year that was only in SD though (the tv channels were in HD).
Old 6 Jun 2015, 19:54 (Ref:3545623)   #269
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/leman...dule-revealed/

Quote:
Liz Halliday, Adelaide de Gouvion St Cyr and Neil Cole will be working pit road
I'm still not convinced Justine is missing.

Quote:
while Chris Parsons and Neville Hay will cover the Legends race and some of the overnight coverage
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 20:41 (Ref:3545632)   #270
Chiana
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Second that notion... Parsons in particular has the most boring, crankiest voice on Earth, and the words coming out of his voice provide as much insight as paralyzed talking parrot would to deaf man. Hay on the other hand I guess is like listening your whiskey drinking grandpa telling long war stories or whatever, kinda nice and sympathetic, but pretty soon you want to get going and out.

But if they are paired with third person it's slightly better as they tend to ramble less then.

Anyway it's hardly surprising, those two have had those same schedule slots for years and years now. But now with increased night time camera coverage it's bit of a shame you'll have to endure them (though on the other hand with this change there's maybe a 1% chance now that they might actually follow what's happening in the race?)

In the Legends race they + Cole are alright. I wish it was the only broadcasting duty those three had.

Last edited by Chiana; 6 Jun 2015 at 20:57.