Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 Aug 2020, 07:20 (Ref:3993462)   #76
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Read in today’s Autosport that WSR are looking to have a third driver hopefully for Thruxton next month and they’ve spoken to a few drivers. Hope the can put that empty seat to good use
The Autosport story is slightly contradictory. Quote from Dick Bennetts says they are talking to 2 drivers with a view to "doing the last three or four round". If that's the case then surely the third car would be first seen at Silverstone or Croft, not Thruxton.
Old 7 Aug 2020, 07:21 (Ref:3993463)   #77
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Read in today’s Autosport that WSR are looking to have a third driver hopefully for Thruxton next month and they’ve spoken to a few drivers. Hope the can put that empty seat to good use
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
That's interesting! I bet it's £££ that matters most but hopefully they can still get some valuable addition to the squad. In ideal world it'd be a young star of the future
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
or just old Collard returning
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Or as ATS said he was hoping to do some BTCC this year and has RWD experience from his last few years of GT racing.
All interesting points - are they relevant to this weekend at Brands though?
Old 7 Aug 2020, 09:43 (Ref:3993487)   #78
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's relevant to the BTCC, so I don't see much wrong with it
Old 7 Aug 2020, 10:06 (Ref:3993503)   #79
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It's relevant to the BTCC, so I don't see much wrong with it
I never said there was anything wrong with it.
My point was whether it is relevant in a thread about Brands Hatch Rd4/5/6 - or whether it would be better discussed in the 2020 Season Thread?
Old 7 Aug 2020, 10:29 (Ref:3993508)   #80
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Entry list for this weekend
https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...04-08-2020.pdf

Andrew Jordan is back.... in a Mini Miglia
Old 7 Aug 2020, 10:53 (Ref:3993512)   #81
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Entry list for this weekend
https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...04-08-2020.pdf

Andrew Jordan is back.... in a Mini Miglia
The Mini's should be Megga, I'm certainly looking forward to seeing them race.
Old 7 Aug 2020, 11:28 (Ref:3993518)   #82
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The series running at Brands had races alongside the MG Car Club at Donington in mid-July. They were absolutely superb.

Also, the Masters Pre-66 Mini races that we had at Donington a few weeks ago were hilariously good. Jeff Smith (yes, that one) spent two entire races swapping and re-swapping positions with Ian Curley and there were similar battles up & down the field.
Old 7 Aug 2020, 11:57 (Ref:3993527)   #83
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The Minis will be something to see, especially at a circuit like this. And I’m sure AJ will be at home in one
Old 7 Aug 2020, 13:55 (Ref:3993560)   #84
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how many times will Hamilton end in the gravel on his own this time ? causing safety cars too
Old 7 Aug 2020, 13:56 (Ref:3993562)   #85
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
with Ian Curley and there were similar battles up & down the field.
this Curley ?

Old 7 Aug 2020, 14:17 (Ref:3993564)   #86
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
this Curley?
Yes.
Old 7 Aug 2020, 14:31 (Ref:3993565)   #87
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
this Curley ?

Yes. He was a Mini superstar before going touring car racing.
Old 7 Aug 2020, 16:18 (Ref:3993582)   #88
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There was a reason why I mentioned him specifically. Doughnuts all round to those who realised
Old 7 Aug 2020, 16:27 (Ref:3993589)   #89
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Random piece of trivia: This is the first time the BTCC has run back-to-back weekends since August 2001 when Snetterton and Croft were on consecutive Sundays, also in August.
Old 7 Aug 2020, 16:32 (Ref:3993591)   #90
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Croft & Mondello Park were back to back in 2005.
Old 7 Aug 2020, 17:54 (Ref:3993602)   #91
redshoes
Veteran

Random trivia. This is the first time the BTCC has run on the same weekend as F1 at Silverstone since umm... last week.
Old 8 Aug 2020, 14:52 (Ref:3993807)   #92
porsche962fan
Veteran

Sutton only 14th, Moffat 21st , best RWD Turkington in 5th despite full ballast

front is a Civic Focus
Old 8 Aug 2020, 15:46 (Ref:3993813)   #93
S griffin
Veteran

Great for the Focii of Butcher and OJ, especially at Motorbase’s home circuit. Really pleased Ollie is up there, let’s hope he has a good race

Cammish and Turkington looking good, but what a shocker by Sutton
Old 8 Aug 2020, 15:55 (Ref:3993817)   #94
redshoes
Veteran

I know it very early in the year and he desperately needs seat time but can I say how totally unimpressed I am with Jack Butel. Slowest in qualifying by over 3 seconds; over a second slower that the next fastest time (Nic Hamilton). He's been in the bottom 2 every session this year. When you are consistently slower than someone who didn't even have a race licence 6 months ago (Ollie Brown), then something is badly wrong.
Old 8 Aug 2020, 15:58 (Ref:3993818)   #95
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
but what a shocker by Sutton
6kg obviously makes a world of difference.
Old 8 Aug 2020, 16:09 (Ref:3993819)   #96
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I know it very early in the year and he desperately needs seat time but can I say how totally unimpressed I am with Jack Butel. Slowest in qualifying by over 3 seconds; over a second slower that the next fastest time (Nic Hamilton). He's been in the bottom 2 every session this year. When you are consistently slower than someone who didn't even have a race licence 6 months ago (Ollie Brown), then something is badly wrong.
I'll agree that I expect(ed) a bit more from him, but to be fair it's only been about 10 days since he was announced as a BTCC driver (and how much FWD racing has he done?) We'll see where he is mid season, but yeah to be 3 seconds off really isn't a good sign.

Chilton's been the disappointment so far for me, P10 around a Honda circuit with no ballast. Hopefully he can move forward tomorrow.

Some huge slides coming out of Sheene's in qualifying, reckon they'll be one or two ending up in the inside barrier tomorrow.
Old 8 Aug 2020, 16:44 (Ref:3993823)   #97
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Butel's been a backmarker in pretty much every series he's been in that contained a modicum of quality. I didn't expect him to be this far off the pace though.
Old 8 Aug 2020, 16:57 (Ref:3993825)   #98
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neate is a little slow too - more so when an identical car is on pole
Old 8 Aug 2020, 17:06 (Ref:3993826)   #99
porsche962fan
Veteran

expected a bit better from Tingram too

and Chilton could be blamed but fact is Ginger didn't do much better, only on 9th
Old 8 Aug 2020, 17:28 (Ref:3993829)   #100
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Suttons car looked a real handful, every corner it was sideways