Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Aug 2000, 12:03 (Ref:32094)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The ASTC round from Winton this weekend has been canned, for 2 reasons:
1. A lack of entries, only 11, and no Future Tourers
2. (and get this!) Because the toilets are clogged and are a health hazard after the V8 round! If they had a race meeting in the tracks present state, the health department would shut the place down!

There is however a chance that the race will be moved to Calder, apparently all of the loos there were flushed after the weekend's meeting....

Non the less, an absolutely shyte situation for TOCA, another kick in the arse for the series....it really does stink at the moment....do we think this is going to be the last time **** from the V8s prevents the STs from running?
Old 22 Aug 2000, 13:09 (Ref:32109)   #2
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This year has been going down the toilet for the ASTC.

Despite the bad joke, it is unfortunately true. I remember enjoying watching the Audis and BMWs and Volvos fighting it out...even when it was really only Morris and Longhurst who could go quick, it was better than this.
Old 22 Aug 2000, 15:57 (Ref:32138)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
having attended the V8's at both Winton and Calder I can say wintons toilets are not up to standard ..in fact they became clogged very early on sunday morning..but calder facilities were very good ..kept clean and they even had people in and out all day topping up paper supplies..i was very impressed.

as for only 11 super tourers..thats about par for the course isnt it..havent seen many more than that at other rounds..I dont think there will be a series next year and most cars will go into club car racing or even sports sedans or something..its a shame but if channel 10 covered the series they might be able o struggle on for a couple of years yet but as 7 have it they very destined to fall over in a pile of shyte.
Old 23 Aug 2000, 10:52 (Ref:32310)   #4
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sadly I think this is the death knell for Super touring in Australia. What a shame! It's a fact that Channel 7 couldn't give a **** about motor racing. I wonder about ST on 10 though, they've spent years berating it. Though they haven't bothered this year, I guess that says something too.

Marcus, there were about 18 ST cars at Lakeside. I can assure you also it would be almost impossible to turn a ST car into a Club Car. Even if it could be done it certainly wouldn't be viable.

Someone suggested to me the other day that instead of trying to be a professional national series, ST would be better off to reinvent itself as a semi-professional state or regional series. What are your thoughts?
Old 23 Aug 2000, 11:38 (Ref:32323)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think if they ran with the trucks they would be a goer...look at the OP crowds from last year...it made the STs look great!

How many national classes are there to have race meetings?

V8 Supercars
V8 Lites
new ute class
F Holden
F Ford
GTP
Nations Cup
Commodore Cup
Porsche Cup
Super Tourers
F3
Trucks
Sport Sedans
Future Tourers
Nascar

Others include:
Mirages
Daewoos
Saloon Cars
possible state level GTP

as well as state level stuff so that they can survive

I thinks we need a at least 3 or 4 meetings to cater for all of these...
Old 18 Nov 2009, 11:55 (Ref:2584096)   #6
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
did this event go ahead???
Old 18 Nov 2009, 11:57 (Ref:2584098)   #7
profi
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
profi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats a shame that it was canned, where are they going to replace this round?
Old 18 Nov 2009, 12:03 (Ref:2584103)   #8
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Twilight Zone
Old 18 Nov 2009, 12:05 (Ref:2584107)   #9
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
OMG , dragged deep from the depths of ten tenths
Old 18 Nov 2009, 14:41 (Ref:2584247)   #10
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shouldn't we merge this with our beloved "astc 02" thread

From memory, i think the Winton round was re-scheduled to Wakefield Park later in the year (the series first visit there), later in the season the Sandown round was canned and moved to Wakefield Park also

this was the season where half the rounds were run in winter 2000 (Oran Park south, Lakeside, Oran Park GP), and the rest of the rounds were run in summer 2000/01 (Wakefield, Mallala, Wakefield, Symmons Plains & Oran Park south)
Old 18 Nov 2009, 20:55 (Ref:2584519)   #11
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You'll be happy to know that Winton now has an on site sewerage treatment plant which allows them to recycle a fair bit of what gets flushed.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 21:11 (Ref:2584540)   #12
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mega bump - Congrats
Old 18 Nov 2009, 21:53 (Ref:2584575)   #13
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shame no one laid out a million dollars (?) on of those you-beaut very late spec Super Touring machines to add pizzaz to the title. Would even Thecko have been able to blitz the field in one of those rocketships?
Old 19 Nov 2009, 12:17 (Ref:2584994)   #14
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
You'll be happy to know that Winton now has an on site sewerage treatment plant which allows them to recycle a fair bit of what gets flushed.
So this is how Schenken manages to keep appearing over and over and over and over (won't he just love being recycled by Winton - his 'favourite' track and management team?)