Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 25 Sep 2014, 15:23 (Ref:3457585)   #4676
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116018
Old 26 Sep 2014, 21:57 (Ref:3457962)   #4677
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Here you go Porsche fans, 30 minutes of onboard from the #20 @Austin

http://youtu.be/JuzdKbO5Lh0

At around the 3 minute 20 mark you can watch the #7 overtake the #14 around the outside- that imo was the pass of the race. A few minutes later the battle with the Audi is shown too.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 08:23 (Ref:3458036)   #4678
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Sorry for the double post, but motorsport-total has a good write up with Fritz Enzinger. He's talking of the third car decision in the coming weeks and the GT pilots who tested the 919.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 09:16 (Ref:3458060)   #4679
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks!
Austin was quite disappointing for me.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 12:42 (Ref:3458101)   #4680
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Furthermore, in bad google translation from this
http://www.motorsport-total.com/wec/...-14092702.html

Quote:
-- According to the strategy of the sister company Audi, Porsche wants to use a third vehicle at WEC race in Belgium and the classics in France. "About the third car is finally decided in the coming weeks," says Porsche LMP1-conductor Fritz Enzinger.

"We would like to use such additional car at Spa and Le Mans," says the Austrian clear. That it will come to such use, is considered highly likely. The recent history of the 24-hour race of Le Mans has shown: a third car at the climax in Le Mans never hurts quite sure. The increased probability that at least one of the vehicles comes without major incident ends meet, at the same time also increases the chances of winning. --

-- "If we have a third car with GT-occupied people could - that their own offspring - then that would be top notch for the entire program," said the Austrian.
The prospects sound much more positive on this one.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 12:47 (Ref:3458102)   #4681
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good news. I can live with 11 works LMP1s.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 07:07 (Ref:3458503)   #4682
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Looks like 8MJ for the 919 in 2015
https://translate.google.com/transla...html&edit-text=
Old 29 Sep 2014, 12:28 (Ref:3458564)   #4683
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nobody should be surprised by this.
Old 4 Oct 2014, 08:53 (Ref:3460124)   #4684
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In Japan on the BBC Eddie Jordan has said that Nico Hulkenberg is talking to Porsche about a drive next year.
Old 4 Oct 2014, 15:37 (Ref:3460249)   #4685
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Nice!
Old 6 Oct 2014, 13:27 (Ref:3461262)   #4686
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
http://sportscarracingnews.com/2014/...of-mount-fuji/
Old 8 Oct 2014, 13:25 (Ref:3462185)   #4687
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
In Japan on the BBC Eddie Jordan has said that Nico Hulkenberg is talking to Porsche about a drive next year.
Interesting, however they maybe another soon to be ex-F1 driver on his way to Porsche in 2015 Jenson Button - http://mobile.f1today.nl/en/news/ham...aren-for-2015/
Old 8 Oct 2014, 14:33 (Ref:3462212)   #4688
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
Interesting, however they maybe another soon to be ex-F1 driver on his way to Porsche in 2015 Jenson Button - http://mobile.f1today.nl/en/news/ham...aren-for-2015/
So you have to first believe the rumor that Hamilton is moving back to McLaren which is quite a stretch IMHO.

Regardless, while I am a Button fan I think his days in F1 are likely numbered. Question is if Button wants to go prototype racing after his F1 career is over, or does he want to do something else? I do think he would make an excellent endurance racer.

Richard
Old 8 Oct 2014, 14:39 (Ref:3462214)   #4689
Deleted
Veteran

1) First of, what Richard said
2) This little quote
3) How serious is this alleged rumor, or has it just been taken from pure guessing circles like here
Old 8 Oct 2014, 14:55 (Ref:3462219)   #4690
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Vettel is pretty definitely heading to Ferrari, and Alonso is likely leaving for McLaren, where he used to be happy, back in the day, is what I hear.

Whether Button meant what he said about endurance racing and whether he still means it when that is his best bet to continue racing, we shall see.
Old 8 Oct 2014, 14:57 (Ref:3462221)   #4691
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
1) First of, what Richard said
2) This little quote
3) How serious is this alleged rumor, or has it just been taken from pure guessing circles like here
I "thought" I had read that he wasn't interested in prototype racing (point #2 above), but couldn't find the quote via a very quick Google search. I even thought I had read somewhere that he speculated as to what he would do after F1 and again, can't point to a link but thought he said maybe driver management? But I might be making that up so don't quote me.

Regarding the guessing circle, I got a chuckle out of the MotoGP suggestion. I generally think that silly season is in full bloom and various websites enjoy tossing out crazy ideas just to get eyeballs.

I do hope I am wrong as I would love to see him in a Porsche prototype.

Richard
Old 8 Oct 2014, 16:26 (Ref:3462261)   #4692
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I just read the quote somewhere else, but can't find it. basically he said he didn't like the idea driving with a bunch of cars in different classes, weaving his way through slower cars all the time. He might reconsider if he gets a good offer, I don't know.

Chiana posted it http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...28683&page=379

Originally Posted by Jenson Button on Autosport in January:

"Le Mans never really ticked the boxes for me, You are racing with cars that are so much slower, in different categories, and dodging cars throughout the whole race is not something that I have ever got that excited about. -- Maybe I will when I drive one of them and drive at Le Mans, because I'd love to drive around the Le Mans circuit in a sportscar, but it's just having different categories racing together that I am not keen on".
Old 14 Oct 2014, 05:43 (Ref:3464828)   #4693
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
I'm continuing the Porsche discussion from the Fuji thread.

Although it has been reported that the Porsche's had some sort of power issues, there is no mention of this in any of the driver and management quotes nor the official PR.

There is however, a continuous theme throughout the quotes that indicate tire ware issues. There is still a lack of capacity to double stint the tires, and when they try and do this, they loose a lot of time.
From what I can gather (from reading the various race reports and quotes, the tire ware issue has improved, but it is still far from optimal.
Old 14 Oct 2014, 08:03 (Ref:3464870)   #4694
TF110
Veteran

United States
I wonder if its harder to double stint this year with the decreased width and more power. Thats just my theory. I think Audi may be contemplates and sometimes achieves double stinting because they dont have the huge amount of instant power from a big hybrid system.
Old 14 Oct 2014, 10:38 (Ref:3464915)   #4695
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Possibly, but I think that the Porsche issue has more to do with suspension design/set-up.
Hopefully this will be much improved in the new car.
Old 14 Oct 2014, 12:31 (Ref:3464940)   #4696
Maelochs
Veteran

Reposting form the Fuji thread because it belongs here:

"I don't care what Porsche put in its press releases ... I watched the race and the #14 slowed way down, and the driver radioed in about his problem, then did an electronic reset and radioed that he had it going. Shortly after there was radio comms between the #20 driver and the pits about a similar issue.

"Unless FIA taped some fake stuff in a studio and inserted it into their race broadcast, the #14 almost stopped on course with an electronic failure and then reset. (Or maybe I hallucinated the incident ... but I stopped that stuff many years ago, so I doubt it.)

"Otherwise, I am not sure ... Maybe Porsche;s set-up didn't work as well as the track cooled, but it was pretty cool to start with. i don't know.

"I do know Mark Webber set a blazing fast lap early on, but that might have been because of the cycle of charge and recharge of the batteries, which couldn't be repeated under regular racing conditions (traffic etc)?"

Not saying Porsche's PR statements are just PR statements ... oh, wait.

I think Porsche has made great progress, to be running up front in its first season, and nobody has figured out how to mix pace and tire life.

Porsche claims it will have an all-new car in 29015, and Toyota is rumored to be doing the same, while Audi should have a considerably bigger ERS system ... everybody basically starting over.
Old 14 Oct 2014, 13:16 (Ref:3464949)   #4697
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Relax - I was unable to follow this race this weekend. I was trying to make head or tail of what happened.
Old 14 Oct 2014, 13:27 (Ref:3464951)   #4698
Maelochs
Veteran

Very relaxed .... no problem with differing opinions or sources of information. Cooperative efforts and all.
Old 17 Oct 2014, 15:50 (Ref:3465959)   #4699
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Is this just adding fuel to the fire?
http://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/b...che-in-the-wec
Old 17 Oct 2014, 17:12 (Ref:3465992)   #4700
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Is this just adding fuel to the fire?
http://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/b...che-in-the-wec
If he joined Porsche, who's seat would he take, unless they run a third car?