Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 19 Jul 2013, 22:48 (Ref:3279528)   #2226
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I guess what everyone really wants out of a "sports car Journalist" is Murphy the Bear ... Oh, wait, didn't "sports car fans" crap all over him, too?

Seems the common denominator is people who call themselves sports car fans whose favorite sport is actually flinging crap at people.

Anyone who has the chops is free to step up and replace Mr. Dagys ... seems some folks think that would be easy to do.

Have at it. Post links here, so we can flin ... read your stuff and comment.
Old 19 Jul 2013, 23:41 (Ref:3279536)   #2227
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I guess what everyone really wants out of a "sports car Journalist" is Murphy the Bear ... Oh, wait, didn't "sports car fans" crap all over him, too?

Seems the common denominator is people who call themselves sports car fans whose favorite sport is actually flinging crap at people.

Anyone who has the chops is free to step up and replace Mr. Dagys ... seems some folks think that would be easy to do.

Have at it. Post links here, so we can flin ... read your stuff and comment.
Yep. They are guttersnipes. Cowards who hide in the shadows and fling crap at hard working, good people.
Old 20 Jul 2013, 04:29 (Ref:3279584)   #2228
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Wheres the Porsche thread?
Old 20 Jul 2013, 06:56 (Ref:3279597)   #2229
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Bizarre post.

As a journalist, I would expect he doesn't like to get involved in speculation or rumors,
Richard
What a load of crap that is ..... journalists always put their spin on stories . Ask me , I know all about that !!!
Old 20 Jul 2013, 11:51 (Ref:3279655)   #2230
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, that's your spin on that story ...
Old 20 Jul 2013, 18:26 (Ref:3279764)   #2231
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
What a load of crap that is ..... journalists always put their spin on stories . Ask me , I know all about that !!!
Thanks for the highly selective quoting. Any comments about the smoke and fire part which finishes the point I was trying to make?

Of course there is a significant portion of reporters who make a living reporting on rumors (I am not sure I call them journalists). And everyone has some type of bias.

Richard
Old 20 Jul 2013, 20:02 (Ref:3279797)   #2232
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As TF110 kindly mentioned, this is the Porsche LMP1 thread.

Discussion of journalists ended at post #2231. Thank you.

Back to topic - PLEASE.
Old 21 Jul 2013, 09:19 (Ref:3279937)   #2233
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone seen a pic of the rear of this chassis yet ..... where do the exhausts exit ?

I also expect to see a 3 car team from them at Le Mans next year .

Who are the nominated drivers so far please ?
Old 21 Jul 2013, 09:22 (Ref:3279938)   #2234
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Anyone seen a pic of the rear of this chassis yet ..... where do the exhausts exit ?

No pics of the rear end, we don't know where the exhausts exit, they'd be fools and madmen to not bring 3 cars, and they have 4 announced drivers so far: Bernhard, Dumas, Jani and Webber.
Old 21 Jul 2013, 12:17 (Ref:3279979)   #2235
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you think they will run with 3 driver teams throughout the WEC or only for the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Hope it's 3 driver teams throughout the year - all drivers need time behind the wheel in race conditions.
Old 21 Jul 2013, 15:03 (Ref:3280006)   #2236
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Maybe 2 factory run cars and 1 Penske if there's substance to the rumors?
Old 21 Jul 2013, 16:24 (Ref:3280047)   #2237
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
No pics of the rear end, we don't know where the exhausts exit, they'd be fools and madmen to not bring 3 cars, and they have 4 announced drivers so far: Bernhard, Dumas, Jani and Webber.
Exhaust has to exit 30 cm from rear edge of car and must be visible from top in 2014.
Old 21 Jul 2013, 16:27 (Ref:3280049)   #2238
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
Exhaust has to exit 30 cm from rear edge of car and must be visible from top in 2014.
I thought that was the rule in F1, not LMP1?
Old 21 Jul 2013, 16:34 (Ref:3280052)   #2239
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Can't find that anything like that from the draft regs.
Old 22 Jul 2013, 07:37 (Ref:3280396)   #2240
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Just realized that Martini is an official sponsor of Supercup also the guest car is Martini liveried.

http://www.martiniracing.com

Really don't expect to see this move to the P1 program but I guess all hope is not lost.
Old 22 Jul 2013, 07:48 (Ref:3280397)   #2241
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Was there an exercise in gauging public reaction with the display at Goodwood too?

Although it is all pointless at Le Mans as mentioned above.
Old 22 Jul 2013, 10:58 (Ref:3280447)   #2242
cdsvg
Racer

Australia
cdsvg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Can't find that anything like that from the draft regs.
Exhaust pipe outlets must not be inside the diffuser.
No point of these outlets must be situated less than 300 mm
from the trailing edge of the rear diffuser.
Any point of these outlets must be visible when seen from
above or the side.
Old 22 Jul 2013, 13:18 (Ref:3280482)   #2243
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Now I can find - probably just missed it since I only used Ctrl+F technique on the pdf.
Old 22 Jul 2013, 14:54 (Ref:3280507)   #2244
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Although it is all pointless at Le Mans as mentioned above.
How specific are the alcohol rules at Le Mans / in France? Can they run the livery -- maybe even with a logo silhouette without the text? Something like Ferrari's Marlboro barcode?
Old 22 Jul 2013, 16:33 (Ref:3280526)   #2245
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttlefish View Post
How specific are the alcohol rules at Le Mans / in France? Can they run the livery -- maybe even with a logo silhouette without the text? Something like Ferrari's Marlboro barcode?
The logo would be too much, but is there anything to stop them running the Martini "stripe"? I doubt it. It's just a stripe.
Old 22 Jul 2013, 18:19 (Ref:3280558)   #2246
The Badger
Veteran

There was a British team running a Porsche a couple yeaars ago with the Martini stripes ..... so I dont see an issue with the stripe's .
Old 22 Jul 2013, 19:00 (Ref:3280574)   #2247
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsvg View Post
Exhaust pipe outlets must not be inside the diffuser.
No point of these outlets must be situated less than 300 mm
from the trailing edge of the rear diffuser.
Any point of these outlets must be visible when seen from
above or the side.
Visible from the side changes it all; I hadn't read that part... Blowing the rear "cheesewedges" is the most efficient solution when blowing the diffuser itself is not possible, so I guess that's why we haven't seen rear pictures of the car. And a non-diesel engine is much better for exhaust gas flow and thus blowing potential.
Old 22 Jul 2013, 22:34 (Ref:3280642)   #2248
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Those would have to be side exiting exhausts I assume, just behind the rear wheels.
Old 23 Jul 2013, 08:18 (Ref:3280724)   #2249
silente
Racer

silente should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but then to be really effective you should have two exhaust exits, like in a typical V engine, right?
Old 24 Jul 2013, 15:46 (Ref:3281183)   #2250
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm still expecting Porsche with some kind of Red Bull livery.
Because Mateschitz said earlier that Webber is leaving the Red Bull team, not the Red Bull family.
And Neel Jani is/was part of the Red Bull program too.