Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Jul 2003, 13:53 (Ref:672471)   #226
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good on Freisinger They should never have been left out of Le Mans. This is a team capable of winning the GT class of Le Mans, no question about it.
Old 27 Jul 2003, 13:59 (Ref:672478)   #227
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Water spurting from a crack in the Ferrari radiator. Can it do enough laps in teh next 12 minutes to win GT?

They have, hopefully, sealed it (it was small).
Old 27 Jul 2003, 14:00 (Ref:672479)   #228
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Team says they should be able to do it. Watching the temperatures!

They tried to repair it with some sealant, by the look of it and some foam wedged over that.

"yes he will go slowly to the end because if the engine overheats it will explode!"

Looking to win GT now, not keep 2nd (?)

Last edited by Adam43; 27 Jul 2003 at 14:01.
Old 27 Jul 2003, 19:02 (Ref:672610)   #229
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm quite suprised that a N-GT car managed to win, but I think it came more down to the conditions, and from the little bit of the race that I saw it looked quite wet.
Old 27 Jul 2003, 19:14 (Ref:672616)   #230
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Im not that suprised really. The Freisinger NGT car did finish 3rd overall last year after all, almost finishing 2nd barring 1 lap I think. The cars are also more fuel efficent, and as we know, bullet proof, probably more so than even the Vipers.

Still u are right, I woudnt have put my money on a Porsche winning overall either. So the Freisinger car went 3rd last year, and 1st this year. Great going I say. I think that all the Spa 24hr races are going to be reasonably wet anyway, but this race did remind me of LM 01 a little.

The Spa 24hr race is now the 2nd best sportscar race worldwide I belive. The commentator on Eurosport said so also, they also get the 2nd biggest crowds. But for me at least this race is THE best sportscar race.

I know thats not the view of the majority of everyone here, but hey we are all allowed our opinions.
Old 27 Jul 2003, 19:17 (Ref:672619)   #231
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
But for me at least this race is THE best sportscar race.
Spa is the best GT race, not sportscar race.
Old 27 Jul 2003, 19:21 (Ref:672621)   #232
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
For u its not the best sportscar race, for me the Proximus 24hrs of Spa is the best sportscar race worldwide.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 06:51 (Ref:672965)   #233
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best sportscar race or not, I was in Spa for the first time and despite the rain, problems with my tickets (I still haven't received the ordered ticket by post so had to buy another two tickets) and having to go home early as my son got sick, I enjoined the race very much.
Amazing to see how many cars from the GT-category got into problems. Reliability seems to be the key for success.
A questions for people who were at the race also: how do you get informed about the race positions when you don't speak french? No screens, radio, just a little bit of commentary in dutch, (and english I believe) but this was always overruled by the sound of the cars?!
Old 28 Jul 2003, 12:42 (Ref:673223)   #234
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
The Spa 24hr race is now the 2nd best sportscar race worldwide I belive. The commentator on Eurosport said so also, they also get the 2nd biggest crowds. But for me at least this race is THE best sportscar race.

I know thats not the view of the majority of everyone here, but hey we are all allowed our opinions.
No problem ! Considering the show we had at Spa this week-end, this is one of the biggest sports event ever !

The best one... each is free to choose for his own classification ; anyway, it's an unmissable event.

Just to feed the debate : what makes this race be the best for you ? Are you a local ? A special GT fan (obviously you are, silly me !) ? You don't like prototypes ? Just for the debate, remember !
Old 28 Jul 2003, 19:20 (Ref:673618)   #235
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
A questions for people who were at the race also: how do you get informed about the race positions when you don't speak french? No screens, radio, just a little bit of commentary in dutch, (and english I believe) but this was always overruled by the sound of the cars?!
The only way to do that was taking a (small) radio with earphones. Bel RTL Francorchamps was at FM 101.1 and Radio Speaker at FM 107.5
Old 28 Jul 2003, 19:27 (Ref:673623)   #236
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
No problem ! Considering the show we had at Spa this week-end, this is one of the biggest sports event ever !

The best one... each is free to choose for his own classification ; anyway, it's an unmissable event.

Just to feed the debate : what makes this race be the best for you ? Are you a local ? A special GT fan (obviously you are, silly me !) ? You don't like prototypes ? Just for the debate, remember !
First and foremost Im a GT fan. Whether its GT or NGT. And no Im not really a fan of Prototypes, although they are okay. Also the Spa track is one of, if not THE best track in the world. No Im not a local either, I just love the event as it has the best GT/NGT cars u will find in any race. Le Mans has a strong line-up yes, but it dosent have as many entrants, also I belive the quality is better in FIA GT than that of GTS and GT at Le Mans.

Maybe I just like to be differnt. Le Mans is a great even yes, but for me not THE best. Now for the next big sportscar race, the Spa 1000km, combined with British GT and cars from Euro GT.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 21:12 (Ref:673702)   #237
Zandbak
Racer

Netherlands
Zandbak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn it was wet at Spa It was one of the toughest 24 hours I did ever. (Zolder 2001 was too hot !!) Small impression of the cars at sunday morning are online at my sitehttp://crash.to/zandbak

Some other amateur sites:
http://membres.lycos.fr/vdbpics/24hspa/fiagt/index.htm
http://www.misteryracing.com/sennake/spa2003/24hr.htm

Last edited by Zandbak; 28 Jul 2003 at 21:17.
Old 29 Jul 2003, 08:10 (Ref:673978)   #238
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Zandbak
Damn it was wet at Spa It was one of the toughest 24 hours I did ever. (Zolder 2001 was too hot !!) Small impression of the cars at sunday morning are online at my sitehttp://crash.to/zandbak

Some other amateur sites:
http://membres.lycos.fr/vdbpics/24hspa/fiagt/index.htm
http://www.misteryracing.com/sennake/spa2003/24hr.htm
Great shots ! Were you marshalling ?

And what do you think of the sole Corvette on the track ? Good looking IMHO...
Old 29 Jul 2003, 11:16 (Ref:674163)   #239
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Stranger
The only way to do that was taking a (small) radio with earphones. Bel RTL Francorchamps was at FM 101.1 and Radio Speaker at FM 107.5
Thanks Stranger, I'll remember it for next year!
Old 29 Jul 2003, 15:16 (Ref:674388)   #240
Zandbak
Racer

Netherlands
Zandbak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Great shots ! Were you marshalling ?

And what do you think of the sole Corvette on the track ? Good looking IMHO...
Yes, I was last weekend active as a marshal. I did my two stints from 20.00 to 00.00 on saturday and from 08.00 to 12.00 on the sunday morning.

The 'Vette looks great, sounds nice but doesn't have the Le Mans speed yet. But hey, it is the first year for this privateer team, expect more results next year.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 13:22 (Ref:675300)   #241
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, I was last weekend active as a marshal. I did my two stints from 20.00 to 00.00 on saturday and from 08.00 to 12.00 on the sunday morning.
wow, first stint was 100% rain. We left at 23:30. Have had enough rain at that time and we did not setup our tent before the rain...

Anyway, I did took 250 pictures or so of the first couple of hours. Take a look at www.vandijkonline.net and let me know what you think of them!

Cheers,
Sander.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 13:58 (Ref:675328)   #242
jet
Racer

Netherlands
Harderwijk (Netherlands)
jet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That are very nice pictures!!!!!
Old 30 Jul 2003, 15:27 (Ref:675395)   #243
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That are very nice pictures!!!!!
Thanks Jet,

I see that you are from nearby, if you would like some prints let me know! I still need to order some 30x45cm prints for my Dutch Le Mans friends as well.

Does someone have a way to share video's? We have about 4 to 5 hours of raw Le Mans and Spa material of pretty good quality (the sound is awesome!). We still need to digitize it though. I can spend only 5Gb per month via my website. Would kazaa or something like that do the job?

Cheers,
/s.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 17:30 (Ref:675524)   #244
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Wout
Best sportscar race or not, I was in Spa for the first time and despite the rain, problems with my tickets (I still haven't received the ordered ticket by post so had to buy another two tickets) and having to go home early as my son got sick, I enjoined the race very much.
Wout, I recceived my tickets today. Had a couple of conversations with the organisation last week. I am not sure if you did. They have written down my credit card details again last Saturday for a new pair of tickets and had to send back to other tickets (delayed by post as they said, while they charged my credit card more then two weeks before... ) before August 15th. If I did not send them back before that date they would charge it to my card again :-(. So I better hurry up because it takes the Belgium Postal services more then two weeks to get the envelope from Holland to Belgium :confused:

/s.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 10:41 (Ref:677018)   #245
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
vandijk,
I 've tried to contact them this week (finally got my tickets last wednesday), but the only person I got on the telephone didn't know anything and asked me to call back later...