Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 9 Jul 2021, 17:36 (Ref:4060527)   #176
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Fantastic! I know the bop will always be an issue, but just having the opportunity to see the hypercars stateside is going to be great.
Best parts is that 1. Glickenhaus can run the Daytona 24 now 2. Ferrari can come too.

I have very very very very very high expecations that the Ferrari hypercar is going to be a stunning looking vehicle. So my excitment level for this class will come down to how the Ferrari looks. And to an extent Porche and Audi too.
Old 9 Jul 2021, 18:26 (Ref:4060536)   #177
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Best parts is that 1. Glickenhaus can run the Daytona 24 now 2. Ferrari can come too.

I have very very very very very high expecations that the Ferrari hypercar is going to be a stunning looking vehicle. So my excitment level for this class will come down to how the Ferrari looks. And to an extent Porche and Audi too.
I would take 5 of those verys out. It's going to look like the rest but in red, maybe with some white and black. Or just to mess with us blue like Risi has run. But outlandish design? I'm thinking not so much given their lack of that type of development with the F1 car. Yes, they're moving the soon to be redundant people over there but same ideas will remain of what's been tested is best.

I would not at all be surprised to see a private SCG run in IMSA and possibly a factory car in the enduros. Now to get that flag to fly at Turn 4 at Petit
Old 10 Jul 2021, 15:09 (Ref:4060644)   #178
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I suspect that if the restrictions on travel are relaxed, we will see Toyota, Glickenhaus and Ferrari all at Daytona with their hypercars.
Old 10 Jul 2021, 15:50 (Ref:4060646)   #179
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I suspect that if the restrictions on travel are relaxed, we will see Toyota, Glickenhaus and Ferrari all at Daytona with their hypercars.

Glickenhaus would need to sign a manufacturer's agreement with IMSA for that. And it might be more IMSA's call then Jim's...

Toyota probably has it covered with the Lexus contract and Ferrari is already set obviously.

I also expect Peugeot to return stateside as they were keen to run at the big enduros in the past (but maybe not yet at Daytona in '23).
Old 10 Jul 2021, 23:44 (Ref:4060676)   #180
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I also expect Peugeot to return stateside as they were keen to run at the big enduros in the past (but maybe not yet at Daytona in '23).
Why do you think not at Daytona?
An easy on-the-car circuit (the course itself, not the distance, of course) so a good place for an endurance run in actual race conditions......

jimclark
Old 11 Jul 2021, 02:37 (Ref:4060689)   #181
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
An easy on-the-car circuit (the course itself, not the distance, of course) so a good place for an endurance run in actual race conditions......
Peugeot doesn't sell cars in America, so that could be a reason. However, they raced the 908 here with no problem, so I guess only time will tell?

I think your description of why Daytona would be good practice is very good though. Lots of full throttle running which is good practice for that other 24 hour race
Old 11 Jul 2021, 03:17 (Ref:4060693)   #182
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I think your description of why Daytona would be good practice is very good though. Lots of full throttle running which is good practice for that other 24 hour race
Precisely where I was going.

Back in my day, it was also closer, prior to the inclusion of the bus stop ('84), to the old Mulsanne with the 2 and change miles 'twixt infield exit and road course turn one.
The Greenwood 'Vette, 935s topping 200...... (see my sig.)

jimclark
Old 11 Jul 2021, 12:44 (Ref:4060749)   #183
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I always thought your sig was in reference to the popularity of Quiznos. I was thinking about mesquite chicken sandwich just the other day.
Old 11 Jul 2021, 13:47 (Ref:4060754)   #184
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
I always thought your sig was in reference to the popularity of Quiznos. I was thinking about mesquite chicken sandwich just the other day.
What? Oh.....that company. 'Can't say I've ever even tried it.

Smart arse.

Seriously, however, my signature represents that racing (the test of man and machine,as opposed to the present advertising "shows") in my opinion, is not as good and more importantly, real, as it was prior to, and ten years after, Quiznos's foundation (1981). All the equaliztion gimmicks for the sake of sponsors has done it in.

jimclark
Old 11 Jul 2021, 15:01 (Ref:4060760)   #185
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post

My guess is (and that's just pure speculation of course) that Peugeot will focus on trying to win Le Mans and the world championship (WEC) in 2023 before possibly hunting for other trophies (Rolex24, Sebring 12H, Petit?).

Your point about Daytona is very valid though (however, the endurance 'testing' aspect easily favors Sebring over Daytona).
Old 11 Jul 2021, 15:23 (Ref:4060763)   #186
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
(however, the endurance 'testing' aspect easily favors Sebring over Daytona).
Absolutely, in that they're two different animals (sebring's 12 tough on chassis and it's components, Daytona just plain 24 looonnngggg). I was just responding to not doing Daytona. Both as tests for Le Mans would be better than just either, no?
All conjecture on our parts anywho......

jimclark
Old 16 Jul 2021, 19:57 (Ref:4061286)   #187
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll just quietly drop this cat among the pigeons here.

https://racer.com/2021/07/16/dodge-b...n-peugeot-lmh/

And I keep forgetting FCA and PSA merged under Stellantis, took me a minute to remember Dodge and Peugeot connection. And sounds like other badge engineered projects could come from it as well, Stellantis has a few brands to market in the portfolio
Old 16 Jul 2021, 20:17 (Ref:4061288)   #188
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/f...s-based-brand/

Imagine the Peugoet 9X8 as the Dodge Viper hypercar with the red paint and white front racing stripes.
Old 16 Jul 2021, 20:29 (Ref:4061290)   #189
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I'll just quietly drop this cat among the pigeons here.

https://racer.com/2021/07/16/dodge-b...n-peugeot-lmh/

And I keep forgetting FCA and PSA merged under Stellantis, took me a minute to remember Dodge and Peugeot connection. And sounds like other badge engineered projects could come from it as well, Stellantis has a few brands to market in the portfolio
Just read that a few minutes ago, am surprised that it took this long.
For the front fascia, go with the Charger of present design. It's perfect.
As for the engine, c'mon what else but the 6.2L without the forced induction.
Old 16 Jul 2021, 20:44 (Ref:4061291)   #190
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I was amazed the number of commenters who didn't read that he said the spine of this car, not this car. That's a very big difference but I'm guessing homolgation rules would mean they would rebadge the base car and save the time. But again, stranger things have happened.

Put the big engine in it and call it a Hellcat or face facts and make it a Ram P(rototype)RX since that's their actual money maker and it's no less a Ram than a Dodge or Chrysler. Have some fun with it
Old 17 Jul 2021, 00:41 (Ref:4061321)   #191
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The potential to have fun is great.

I fear the potential to be disappointed is higher. Maybe we should just hope for a badge and to be underwhelmed.

I hope to be at least whelmed though.
Old 17 Jul 2021, 01:27 (Ref:4061323)   #192
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Oh I'm fully in the willing to be surprised when it appears but doubtful it will happen. At best maybe a program rebadge for the enduros to not run Pug for the Dodge/Chrysler marketing.
Old 17 Jul 2021, 03:37 (Ref:4061332)   #193
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Which would mean that car is racing over here and I’d be happy with that.

I saw a Peugeot the other day. A cars and coffee event and someone brought a dodgy old Pug. If that was Swindon I couldn’t have cared less, but over here I thought it was super cool.
Old 17 Jul 2021, 12:36 (Ref:4061405)   #194
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Which would mean that car is racing over here and I’d be happy with that.

I saw a Peugeot the other day. A cars and coffee event and someone brought a dodgy old Pug. If that was Swindon I couldn’t have cared less, but over here I thought it was super cool.
There are not a lot left running stateside. Anytime you get to see one it is certainly a head turner!
Old 17 Jul 2021, 15:07 (Ref:4061428)   #195
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
There are not a lot left running stateside. Anytime you get to see one it is certainly a head turner!
Here it is. I recognise the grill!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5112 - Copy.JPG   IMG_5113.JPG  

Last edited by Adam43; 17 Jul 2021 at 15:15.
Old 17 Jul 2021, 18:47 (Ref:4061463)   #196
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Here it is. I recognise the grill!
Nice number plate:
en panne = broken down
Old 17 Jul 2021, 18:54 (Ref:4061464)   #197
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Old 17 Jul 2021, 20:15 (Ref:4061484)   #198
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Nice number plate:

en panne = broken down

Lol, that is fantastic!
Old 20 Jul 2021, 13:16 (Ref:4062343)   #199
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
And IMSA making sure we all know the shotgun is aimed squarely at their own foot still, first you disallow the Panoz GT4 and now likely Glickenhaus will be ineligible, and Dodge will have to make their LMH badges.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/d...r-eligibility/
Old 20 Jul 2021, 14:50 (Ref:4062370)   #200
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Could be interesting to see if Mazda could offer up a couple cars. Although they do like to keep at least one for the collection. Think Dragonspeed could do justice to the Mazdas as privateer.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/d...022-dpi-entry/