Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 22 Sep 2019, 21:20 (Ref:3929530)   #26
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT America (GT3) Race 2 notes:

https://sportscar365.com/sro/blancpa...ersial-finish/

And results:

https://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=P...3806rc2wcg.pdf

Last edited by cbbrit; 22 Sep 2019 at 21:35.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 02:15 (Ref:3929564)   #27
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More on the late full course yellow flag/safety car deployed/sudden green flag situation near the end of the race:

https://sportscar365.com/sro/blancpa...ery-for-k-pax/
Old 23 Sep 2019, 14:50 (Ref:3929666)   #28
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by merak1974 View Post
Great to see that Jeff Courtney took his Maserati GT4 out of retirement to get a podium in the Sprint race AM class yesterday: https://sportscar365.com/sro/gt4-ame...t-points-lead/
He was at Watkins Glen too...and has done a couple of Trans Am races with it
Old 23 Sep 2019, 18:06 (Ref:3929726)   #29
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
He was at Watkins Glen too...and has done a couple of Trans Am races with it
Thanks for the info. I had no idea. I looked it up, and he and the Maserati did even better at the Watkins Glen races. I thought he had retired the MC GT4 after winning the AM class overall last year. I was obviously wrong.
Old 26 Sep 2019, 00:46 (Ref:3930159)   #30
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
Latest news re-the full course yellow/safety car deployed/green flag 10 mins before the end of Race 2:

https://sportscar365.com/sro/blancpa...pax-to-appeal/
Old 26 Sep 2019, 20:06 (Ref:3930267)   #31
Flying Lap Media
Rookie

Flying Lap Media should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forgive the shameless plug but if you guys want to see a cool highlight video we put together from the event. Just trying to help SRO spread the word.

https://youtu.be/p3f_rvW7CnM
Old 26 Sep 2019, 22:17 (Ref:3930277)   #32
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
Latest news re-the full course yellow/safety car deployed/green flag 10 mins before the end of Race 2:

https://sportscar365.com/sro/blancpa...pax-to-appeal/
This situation makes me so angry. K-Pax got totally screwed. Between the regular BOP and the SROs attempt to initiate IMSA-style mandated tire pressure and caster/camber settings, the Bentleys were WAY down on pace all weekend, through no fault of their own.
Camping at Road America is always fun, but I was pretty ticked by the end of the weekend. I typed up a long post ranting about the problems with the GT races and BOP racing in general when I got home, but then deleted it without posting. SROs GT World Challenge has so much potential to be better than this, if they would only get out of their own way.

BTW Congrats on the win Mike!
Old 27 Sep 2019, 01:15 (Ref:3930298)   #33
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Lap Media View Post
Forgive the shameless plug but if you guys want to see a cool highlight video we put together from the event. Just trying to help SRO spread the word.

Well done! That is an awesome video.
Old 27 Sep 2019, 01:43 (Ref:3930300)   #34
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Lap Media View Post

Watched it earlier. An excellent video!
Old 27 Sep 2019, 02:14 (Ref:3930305)   #35
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was waiting for some resolution on the protest before posting my thoughts on the weekend. Since it looks like the final call on the appeal is going to be a while, here goes:

Negative:
-The SRO seriously messed up with the safety car debacle. I'm not sure what they were thinking, FCYs have never been simply cancelled over here. KPAX was massively robbed. SRO should have fixed the issue in the final 10 minutes. Now it's in USAC's hands, hopefully they at least partially rectify the situation.

-As TR noted the BoP and tire mandates were really messed up. Bentley and Porsche didn't seem to have much of a shot against the Ferrari or the Acuras. And this at RA, which usually sees a strong showing from the Continental and 911 in GT3.

Positive:
-It's Road America. It's awesome.

-RA fans turned out for the event. It wasn't in remotely the same zipcode as the Indy event, but it was miles ahead of the last two WC events I'd attended (VIR 2019 and WGI 2018). There wasn't a huge camping crowd, probably partially due to the time of year and weather, but the day attendance, even with the rain, was really solid on all three days.

-One thing SRO did really well was the pre-race parade/party at Siebkens in Elkhart Lake. It was a blast, and it also had a solid turnout. It is definitely something they should make an annual event.

Final thoughts: the rain was simultaneously miserable and a lot of fun, and resulted in some great photos. And congrats to Mike and Realtime on a very well done victory.
Old 27 Sep 2019, 16:00 (Ref:3930436)   #36
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Negative:
-As TR noted the BoP and tire mandates were really messed up. Bentley and Porsche didn't seem to have much of a shot against the Ferrari or the Acuras. And this at RA, which usually sees a strong showing from the Continental and 911 in GT3.
Just to clarify, the tire mandates were only for the 1st official session. After that everything went back to the way it had been all season -- Pirelli "recommends" specific PSI/camber settings, but the teams can do what they want, which everyone did like normal. I can't speak to the BoP: I mean Serra out qualified the other Pro's by 1.8 seconds in the first qualifying session...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Final thoughts: the rain was simultaneously miserable and a lot of fun, and resulted in some great photos. And congrats to Mike and Realtime on a very well done victory.
Thanks man!

-mike