Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Dec 2021, 18:20 (Ref:4088344)   #1901
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
I can not make Lancia work!
Well it does if you interpret the pictures correctly.
Old 11 Dec 2021, 21:42 (Ref:4088366)   #1902
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Well it does if you interpret the pictures correctly.
I can not find the N!
Old 11 Dec 2021, 22:34 (Ref:4088374)   #1903
lotustwincam
Rookie

United Kingdom
lotustwincam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8u99er...........Newt! Not Lizard!
Old 11 Dec 2021, 23:31 (Ref:4088382)   #1904
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotustwincam View Post
8u99er...........Newt! Not Lizard!
Now we are getting there! Takes a Rookie.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 08:27 (Ref:4088419)   #1905
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If it is a Newt then what is the L?
Old 12 Dec 2021, 08:39 (Ref:4088422)   #1906
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If it is a Newt then what is the L?
I thought it was a. Cheetah not a Leopard….
Old 12 Dec 2021, 09:28 (Ref:4088428)   #1907
bauble
Veteran

England
am going to resign as Quiz Master it is too frustrating .......

Ape, Armadillo, Leopard, Impala (Chevrolet) Newt, Cow.

Leopard, Armadillo, Newt, Cow, Impala, Ape.

LANCIA. an Italian manufacture of motor cars.

It is pointless trying to set a simple, easy. non-taxing question, you lot insist on making them complicated.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 09:35 (Ref:4088431)   #1908
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hmmm, I thought I had identified all the objects except one. Bull, cow who knows. Maybe its a heffer?
And what is this added spice clue. Six letter car with an I (and an L) in it. Cant think of any car called Garlic. Or Chilli.
I was better at the anagrams. Stupido club lifetime member here.

Edit: Just realised Bob posted the answer before my post.

I can see where I was going wrong. Looking for Orang Utang not Ape, Cheetah instead of Leopard, Bull instead of Cow.... (I always thought bulls had the dangly bit and cows had udders.) I got Impala and Newt thanks to others here, but at least I got Armadillo right.

No wonder I was going wrong.

As I said Lifetime Stupido Member here.

Last edited by E.B; 12 Dec 2021 at 09:49.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 11:15 (Ref:4088443)   #1909
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
It does make it difficult when a cheetah is called a Leopard. A Leopard does not have the black markes on its face!
Old 12 Dec 2021, 11:36 (Ref:4088449)   #1910
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Bull, cow who knows. Maybe its a heffer?Cant think of any car called Garlic. Or Chilli.Looking for Orang Utang not Ape, Cheetah instead of Leopard, Bull instead of Cow.... (I always thought bulls had the dangly bit and cows had udders.) I got Impala and Newt thanks to others here, but at least I got Armadillo right.
I see, EB, I see… Are you all right? Yes? No kidding!

If you cant make any difference between a cow and a taurus may I suggest you choose well your evening gown next time you visit Spain!
Old 12 Dec 2021, 11:38 (Ref:4088450)   #1911
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
It does make it difficult when a cheetah is called a Leopard. A Leopard does not have the black markes on its face!
Depends on the sunglasses he's wearing!
Old 12 Dec 2021, 13:14 (Ref:4088483)   #1912
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
LANCIA. an Italian manufacture of motor cars.
Italy or Botswana? https://www.motortrend.com/news/lanc...a-found-video/
Old 12 Dec 2021, 19:52 (Ref:4088959)   #1913
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Plus an Orangutan being an Ape and a Salamander a Newt - confusded the whatnots out of me.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 22:22 (Ref:4089059)   #1914
bauble
Veteran

England
Went see me mates in Battersea the over day,we was darn the old Run-a Dub, an I erd a loadda blokes chattin abat Mo'racin, an they was on abhat sum moters I ain't niver erd ov. Cor's it was in rimin slang wer'n it?

There was a,
Mentally Slower.
Horseapple Cider
A Dancing Course
Bangers and Mash
Putney Sparrers

Can anyone help me out here?
Old 13 Dec 2021, 14:17 (Ref:4089249)   #1915
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Plus an Orangutan being an Ape and a Salamander a Newt - confusded the whatnots out of me.
Salamander, serious? My bad, was looking for a gecko emblem of Audi Quattro system moons ago…
Old 13 Dec 2021, 16:23 (Ref:4089286)   #1916
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Lets be positive and good players… Who can find an acceptable result with orang-utan, salamander, cheetah, heffer and garlic? Could the answer be… Bob Bull?!!! Or Boohbool!
Old 13 Dec 2021, 20:51 (Ref:4089412)   #1917
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post

Yeah that (and "leopard" ) got me, too Though to be fair I hadn't got the Chevy as an Impala, so I was trying to get a car name from O, C, C, S, A, C.......I could almost have got a Lada Cossack

Nice try, though, Sir Bob
Old 14 Dec 2021, 03:31 (Ref:4089476)   #1918
bauble
Veteran

England
Well, no takers on me rymin slang, so we move to a fresh challenge.

Six pictures used to find an animal and I warn you, imagination, and the ability to think outside the box will be needed here. The clue will not necessarily be obvious, so look for the hidden meaning. Right! Off you go, find that beast of ...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1250.JPG   IMG_2244.JPG   Picture 460 (3).jpg  

IMG_1212.JPG   IMG_9106.JPG   IMG_8936.JPG  

Old 14 Dec 2021, 11:01 (Ref:4089541)   #1919
bauble
Veteran

England
Midgetman has come up with three Rimin' slang answers, one so much better than the original, that I am going to use it for any other answers. Sorry Club Stupido, you have just lost a member.

An Expatriate poster claims to have no knowledge of Cockney Rhyming Slang. this is an East London patois. designed to baffle strangers. A few examples might help those who are not fluent in the language.

First a couple of examples you will grasp quickly.

Rub a dub = Pub
Battle Cruiser = Boozer.

Whistle and Flute = Suit
Tit-for-tat = Hat.
Jam jar = Motor car.
Apple and pears = Stairs.

Armed with this knowledge the rest should be easy.
Old 14 Dec 2021, 11:06 (Ref:4089542)   #1920
bauble
Veteran

England
Once again our Expatriate friend expresses bafflement with the Find an animal puzzle.

My advice is look beyond the obvious, don't assume that - say - it is a Triumph - means you have the clue needed. Perhaps, perhaps not.
Old 14 Dec 2021, 12:54 (Ref:4089582)   #1921
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I'm gonna help EB, beyond the TR there must be a… Matra! But if its an animal the car could be the famous Bonobo Special, V6 diesel 2-Stroke engine, twin turbo mit kompressor. I like Bonobos' approach to address issues…
Old 14 Dec 2021, 13:08 (Ref:4089586)   #1922
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Im now not only baffled, but bewildered as well. .
Old 14 Dec 2021, 13:11 (Ref:4089588)   #1923
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Part of the answer is in pic #3, Daaaave. Te souviens-tu de Saint Ex'? L'important est invisible pour les yeux. Ou un truc du genre…
Old 14 Dec 2021, 14:25 (Ref:4089610)   #1924
bauble
Veteran

England
Woops!
Error, errata, blunder, mistake, brain fade.

'Find the Animal'
Two pictures represent the same letter, (error).
One picture is missing (Errata)

You need ;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8701.JPG  
Old 14 Dec 2021, 16:41 (Ref:4089629)   #1925
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Do we have to delete one as well? If so which one?