Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 26 Nov 2005, 16:05 (Ref:1470806)   #1
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
TTFRL GPL Festival Event

The idea has been tossed around a bit for a GPL 'Festival' event, so how about an open GPL event for anyone who wants to do an organised race or two. No championship points to worry about, just a blast around some scenery in a couple of cigar tubes.

I'll be free the weekend of the 10th/11th December so I was thinking of running it then. So if anyone else is and wants to do a spot of GPL whilst the weather is rubbish and the days are dark, come on down!

Suggestions on the best day and any preferred tracks?

Last edited by Spudgun; 26 Nov 2005 at 16:29.
Old 26 Nov 2005, 16:54 (Ref:1470828)   #2
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
weekend should be fine for me .

Ciao Marco
Old 26 Nov 2005, 17:20 (Ref:1470838)   #3
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't know if I'll be at home that weekend, but sure I'd have a blast in the BRM at wahever track you want

But please, not Sunday night, because I run a GTP league at those days
Old 26 Nov 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1470884)   #4
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thats alright Gil, I was thinking along the lines of the afternoon.
Old 26 Nov 2005, 21:18 (Ref:1470925)   #5
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I probably won't be home by Saturday the 10th, and Sunday I'll be trying to settle into my old room again. So 10th/11th isn't a great weekend for me, but the following one is OK.
Old 28 Nov 2005, 18:44 (Ref:1472385)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds a great idea.

The Sunday will be difficult for me though as my hockey team is playing away at Andover. So I won;t be available until early evening, if at all.
Old 29 Nov 2005, 17:10 (Ref:1473161)   #7
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
carsreunited should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm pretty flexible so just let me know.

Snetterton 67 (after all, not many people showed up for the league race so it might be good to do this track again.)

Mallory Park/Cadwell Park

Silverstone
Dolomite Sprint #86, 2006 CTCRC Post Historic CHAMPIONSHIP
Old 8 Dec 2005, 08:05 (Ref:1479459)   #8
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Since its the run up to Christmas and things will be getting pretty hectic I'm sure. Does anyone have any thoughts on rescheduling for the Christmas break?
Old 11 Dec 2005, 00:34 (Ref:1481443)   #9
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, it doesn't look like anything's gonna happen tomorrow, so I guess a reschedule is in order

I got back this evening, but I have discovered that my usual computer chair has been commandeered by my sisters for their new computer, and just for good measure, they've broken their old one. So unless I was to somehow stand and drive at the same time I would have to widthdraw from this event anyway...

I would have been considerably rusty anyway. I sat watching an old replay yesterday admiring how brilliant I used to be (), and how my recently aquired keyboard skills can't hope to live up to that...
Old 15 Dec 2005, 21:48 (Ref:1485008)   #10
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
No more ideas then?
This weekend is good for me, but I guess it's a bit of a no-no for everyone else being the last weekend before christmas...
I guess the weekend following Christmas is no good either, because it's New Year...

For what it's worth, other than 24th/25th I'm pretty much available until the 7th of Jan, last minute plans aside, what about everyone else? We might be able to fit in a race one weekday evening...
Old 16 Dec 2005, 12:01 (Ref:1485241)   #11
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
This weekend should be fine for me. Just need to sort out a time and make sure it doesn't clash with 8pm-10pm on a saturday (GBGPL friendly races)
Old 17 Dec 2005, 06:45 (Ref:1485636)   #12
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Unfortunately I'm not at home this weekend. What a pain!

I'll definitely be looking into something for between Christmas and New Year.
Old 26 Dec 2005, 16:37 (Ref:1490214)   #13
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
Any more thoughts on this? Getting very bored of racing the AI and vroc is fairly quiet...
Old 26 Dec 2005, 17:00 (Ref:1490220)   #14
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Not tried going on iGOR with the '69 mod yet??

You know the '69 mod is out, don't you?...

Makes fairly good racing if you've not got your wing settings wrong (easily done and extremely frustrating).
Old 26 Dec 2005, 17:57 (Ref:1490230)   #15
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
I've been concentrating on 67's. I don't want to mess up my callibrations with the 69's just yet. I'm trying to go negative in the next few days. Stuck at 8:34 at Nurby with Monaco and Zandy a couple of seconds off each. Loathe Monaco so I'm not going to bother with that. Struggling to know where I can gain the time at the ring. My rank is +11 at the moment.
Old 26 Dec 2005, 20:01 (Ref:1490255)   #16
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
OK, fair enough. I know what you mean actually. I was the same when I got back from uni two weeks ago. I needed to get back to form in the '67s before I could try the '69s.
I've found that I've lost interest in my overall rank though. I'm at -58.7, and while -60 used to be the goal I've found that I just can't squeeze any more out of any of the tracks. My monster is a slightly different story, I might find another 7 seconds or so there...

Anyway, I'm up for a race or two in the next week. Don't fancy a papy track too much. Sadly there are few addon tracks which my laptop can run. Still, Mellaha Lake (Tripoli), Jarama and Edmonton might be good prospects. Strombecker Raceway is a fantasy track, but it's simple and it's fun, so maybe that'd be worth a race too.
Old 27 Dec 2005, 11:49 (Ref:1490489)   #17
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
I know it's short notice, but I can run something tomorrow (28th). Either that or the 2nd January.

How does Brands run for you p? We could have a 'Race of Champions'.
Old 27 Dec 2005, 13:33 (Ref:1490527)   #18
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Brands is not going to be good for me.

I've used Guru's GPL Resolution Hacker to add two new resolutions, 400x300 and 512x384. Monza10k will run OK at 400x300, but provided trackside objects is set to few and most other options are off. The thing is, that resolution is so low you can't actually see where you're going that well.

It's not a frame rate problem so much, but that my laptop crashes completely if the load goes beyond a certain point. If suddenly the frame rate diminishes from 36fps to 28-29fps at a particularly graphically heavy point it'll go a second or two and then reboot... Brands does that at 640x480, but I've not tried it any lower.
Old 27 Dec 2005, 19:00 (Ref:1490678)   #19
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
Ok

I'm ok on any of those dates. What does Mallory run like for you? Looks quite simple graphically. Whatever suits you William if your laptop is the limiting factor/weakest link.

-58 just seems insane to me.
Old 27 Dec 2005, 19:40 (Ref:1490696)   #20
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I can manage with Mallory, yes. The full track right, not the oval?

-59 is insane. That's why I can't do it
Old 27 Dec 2005, 21:01 (Ref:1490731)   #21
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Anyway then. I like the idea of racing Mallory actually. Maybe we can keep the ROC format. 2 short heats and a final. 2 x Novice and 1 Intermediate Short perhaps.

Handicapping of some description would be pretty cool too, but I'm not sure of how to do it.
Old 28 Dec 2005, 12:26 (Ref:1490946)   #22
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Sounds like a good idea.

Although it will definitely have to be the 2nd now, since I've been chasing a memory problem all morning which I've just managed to solve. I found memory errors after one of my games kept crashing since a memory upgrade. Changing the sticks around in the slots seemed to solve the errors though. At least its not a dodgy stick, which is still a pain even if they are still under warranty.

OK, so how many of us will be available for the 2nd January? All are welcome. If anyone is thinking of maybe joining TTFRL Season 5 come and have a go!

The time is yet to be determined, but afternoon looks most likely.
Old 28 Dec 2005, 12:52 (Ref:1490954)   #23
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
2nd of Jan is fine with me
Old 28 Dec 2005, 17:13 (Ref:1491032)   #24
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
And me. Although I had a nightmare with my pedals last night. Ended up bodging a fix with a bit of wrapper from one of those kids chocolate money things! LOgitech wingman pedals are rubbish, even more so when you have the misfortune to take the back off. They were clogged up with crap so wasn't getting full acceleration. Only realised when the AI BRM was out dragging me in the Lotus on the final straight at the ring!! Doh!

I'll let the GBGPL people know (unless Pete's watching in which case he will). Might get a handful who aren't doing anything on the 2nd.

Oh, and yes the full Mallory curcuit. All 49 secs of it!
Old 28 Dec 2005, 17:36 (Ref:1491044)   #25
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Yep. Or 47.5 if you're Doug Thompson...
(BTW, he's one of those aliens who make a nuisance of themselve's online, so watch out if you see him)

Last edited by pirenzo; 28 Dec 2005 at 17:37. Reason: rephrasing