Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Oct 2019, 09:53 (Ref:3932656)   #101
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
That was down to sponsors deciding not to go through with it when it came to signing.
That was down to Ford changing its mind about paying £1m in development costs that it had previously agreed to, after Motorbase had spent the money.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 10:39 (Ref:3932661)   #102
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And there it is - 2015 can't seem to stay away from the 2019 Finale thread!!
Old 8 Oct 2019, 10:47 (Ref:3932662)   #103
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
That was down to sponsors deciding not to go through with it when it came to signing.
Support for this version of events comes from the Bartrum statement:
'We have been in lengthy talks with two potential title sponsors since November and all seemed like it was going to plan, however things have conspired against us in recent weeks and due to a change in circumstance with those parties we find ourselves in the position we're in'
and the 'about the team' details:
'a new title sponsor was in place for the Kent squad before a last minute change of direction saw them pull out just weeks ahead of the start of the season'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
That was down to Ford changing its mind about paying £1m in development costs that it had previously agreed to, after Motorbase had spent the money.
Is there anything in the public domain that could back up this version of events? It would seem strange to have been let down so badly by Ford, and yet promote their 'RS' version of the car only a few seasons later?
Old 8 Oct 2019, 10:54 (Ref:3932666)   #104
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
And there it is - 2015 can't seem to stay away from the 2019 Finale thread!!
Nor can discussion about something that has nothing to do with the final round...
Old 8 Oct 2019, 11:02 (Ref:3932669)   #105
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Nor can discussion about something that has nothing to do with the final round...
Conversations wander off topic - it's a fact of life.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 11:08 (Ref:3932670)   #106
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
There's a seperate thread for it 😂 But oh well it doesn't matter.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 11:15 (Ref:3932673)   #107
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
There's a seperate thread for it 😂 But oh well it doesn't matter.
Maybe the 2015 season is BTCC's version of Godwin's law?
Old 8 Oct 2019, 13:34 (Ref:3932705)   #108
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
do long range sensors indicate anything on weather ?
Old 8 Oct 2019, 13:52 (Ref:3932708)   #109
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Wet and a lot of it.

Its probably too early to tell what the weather will be like rain wise apart from it "being about", but its looking cold for the weekend.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 14:09 (Ref:3932711)   #110
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Don't know - have you looked at a forecast?
Old 8 Oct 2019, 14:16 (Ref:3932714)   #111
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Wet and a lot of it.

Its probably too early to tell what the weather will be like rain wise apart from it "being about", but its looking cold for the weekend.
Are you looking at the same forecast as me? Chance of showers and warm is what I'm seeing?
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  
Old 8 Oct 2019, 16:19 (Ref:3932736)   #112
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is there anything in the public domain that could back up this version of events? It would seem strange to have been let down so badly by Ford, and yet promote their 'RS' version of the car only a few seasons later?
It was 4yrs since the pre facelift mk3 Focus ST had gone out of production. The RS provided aerodynamic advantages over the use of the ST facelift and with the Shredded Wheat budget it made sense to rebuild the cars as an RS. Plus there is always the hope that using the RS would entice Ford into sponsoring the team.
Old 9 Oct 2019, 06:45 (Ref:3932853)   #113
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
...and it gets petrol heads like me excited. Articles in non motorsport rags / websites about Ford RSs or BMW Ms or whatever do attract attention. Which may increase interest in/ spectating of motorsport. And might help hook a backer, whether motor company or otherwise.
Old 9 Oct 2019, 06:48 (Ref:3932855)   #114
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I missed that you guys were talking about Topic choccy bars... do they still make them even?
Old 9 Oct 2019, 06:54 (Ref:3932857)   #115
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I missed that you guys were talking about Topic choccy bars... do they still make them even?
Reminds mew of the old joke:
"What has a hazelnut in every bite?"
"Squirrel poo!"
Old 9 Oct 2019, 14:08 (Ref:3932922)   #116
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Anyway let's get back to this weekend. Should be a cracking finale whichever way you look at it. With ballast reduced for this season, we shouldn't have the situation last season where the title contenders were mired in midfield
Old 9 Oct 2019, 14:39 (Ref:3932928)   #117
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
With ballast reduced for this season, we shouldn't have the situation last season where the title contenders were mired in midfield
Not so sure about that - it's a relatively long lap so the weight will have more impact than at some other circuits. Also the forecast for Saturday has gone downhill a bit with rain more likely than not - a wet track would favour Cammish over the BMWs I'd had thought? If it's only a damp track (still in slicks territory) then again that would seem to favour Cammish - the BMWs would need to do longer runs to get their tyres working properly.
Old 9 Oct 2019, 14:42 (Ref:3932930)   #118
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The weather will literally be non-stop all weekend.
Old 9 Oct 2019, 15:41 (Ref:3932937)   #119
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i will be there whatever the weather throws at brands, yes different conditions will favour different cars but i want to see enjoyable racing and a close finish,
Old 9 Oct 2019, 18:42 (Ref:3932965)   #120
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
If it's moist then I can see Jake Hill adding some silver to his collection. Ditto Goffy on that form last time out.
Old 9 Oct 2019, 18:43 (Ref:3932968)   #121
porsche962fan
Veteran

really like Jordan a lot more , he speaks like a normal person in MY instead of our

Quote:
a little bit less ballast will hopefully work in my favour.

My aim is to try and qualify well so that I’m out of the ‘danger zone’ on race day, and then I’ll be giving my all to fight for wins and as many points as possible; that’s all I can do
and speaking of "danger zone" could this be played during opening lap ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK0P1Bk8Cx4

it's already confirmed that it will be in sequel movie
Old 9 Oct 2019, 19:49 (Ref:3932977)   #122
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
If its wet then I think that means its over for Turks and Jords.
Old 9 Oct 2019, 19:55 (Ref:3932979)   #123
porsche962fan
Veteran

Turks can afford to finish behind Cammish all races, AJ doesn't
Old 9 Oct 2019, 20:13 (Ref:3932983)   #124
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Being wet isn’t the problem, it’s when it’s in between, i.e. not wet enough, not dry enough, that the RWD cars have tended to struggle in
Old 10 Oct 2019, 13:43 (Ref:3933125)   #125
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The experts seem to think we'll have chaos this weekend?