Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Apr 2019, 11:43 (Ref:3898575)   #46
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
True, but it wasn't like Honda/Brawn. Went from being a midfield team at best, to getting the title
Old 19 Apr 2019, 12:06 (Ref:3898581)   #47
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
True, but it wasn't like Honda/Brawn. Went from being a midfield team at best, to getting the title
When Mercedes came back to F1 in 2010, they were very much a midfield team for the first two years. Despite their first win at China in 2012, they only achieved two other podium finishes that year and didn't get their next win, until Monaco 2013. They won their first WCC in 2014.
Old Yesterday, 00:33 (Ref:3898933)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
I think Mercedes should just hand the team back to Mr Brawn to run..
Old Yesterday, 00:44 (Ref:3898934)   #49
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I think Mercedes should just hand the team back to Mr Brawn to run..
If anything, Ferrari ought to hand the technical directorship back to Mr. Brawn.
Old Yesterday, 08:57 (Ref:3898971)   #50
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
Ferrari have lost their way since they went back to being 'Italian'
Old Yesterday, 11:02 (Ref:3898985)   #51
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Why not write them a letter pointing out the error of their ways, i'm sure they will be most grateful.
Old Yesterday, 14:01 (Ref:3899005)   #52
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post

It still amazes me that we're running races faster on 50% the fuel of a few years ago and nobody is making a really big tub-thumping thing of it. That said, given the BBC Attenborough doco this evening, I'm amazed I'm still allowed to post here...
It's such a shame that Liberty concentrate their marketing on the personalities not the cars. Despite gripes about noise and aero these are awesome machines.

And their reliability is metronomic, so much so that a breakdown is big news. In the "good old days" a back of the grid team could rely on the front runners failing and letting them pick up points. These days there's little chance of Mercedes slipping up, although it looks like we can rely on Ferrari to drop the ball every now and again.

Superb cars.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 14:24 (Ref:3899008)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Maybe Mercedes should sell their entire F1 operation to Ferrari?
Old Yesterday, 14:37 (Ref:3899009)   #54
S griffin
Veteran

Well it does make you wonder if Ferrari have the same dedicated workforce back at Maranello that Merc do at Brackley
Old Yesterday, 14:51 (Ref:3899011)   #55
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Well it does make you wonder if Ferrari have the same dedicated workforce back at Maranello that Merc do at Brackley
No, I'm sure they'll be different people
Old Yesterday, 14:57 (Ref:3899012)   #56
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Quote:
Jumping in on the nationalistic pejorative comments (tongue in cheek here)

I am confused? Clearly those Italians are just lazy, but is Williams maybe too British or maybe not British enough? And how am I to categorize the Brackley workforce. Why are they successful and Williams not? Aren't they all the same? It's just all to much to understand and to neatly slot into hard categories based upon stereotypes. And don't get me started on those Honda folks!

Oh... what was I typing? I lost track of my thoughts. One of the problem with being an American you know.

Richard
Old Yesterday, 15:00 (Ref:3899013)   #57
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
No, I'm sure they'll be different people
That bloke with the dodgy copy shop all those years ago might have cloned the same people..
Old Yesterday, 15:09 (Ref:3899015)   #58
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
That bloke with the dodgy copy shop all those years ago might have cloned the same people..

It's amazing what you can do with a 3D printer nowadays!
Old Yesterday, 16:25 (Ref:3899018)   #59
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!