Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 6 Mar 2019, 13:20 (Ref:3888644)   #26
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by schanche View Post
Right so what’s happening now?
Potentially a bloody big let down and false hope if this isn’t to happen and why would you state you are to compete and then switch Bloody Crazy not a good start!
No races clash so they can compete in both championships, they haven't switched. Besides, MJP is also a part of their WRX assault.
Old 6 Mar 2019, 14:00 (Ref:3888662)   #27
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They drive the 2 series!
Old 6 Mar 2019, 15:12 (Ref:3888690)   #28
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mivec View Post
They drive the 2 series!
According to Pucher,I asked the question yes two series for Hansen's
Although if they explained that there would be less confusion to normal folk like me and others.
Old 18 Apr 2019, 14:55 (Ref:3898414)   #29
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.grc-europe.com/fia-intern...for-titans-rx/

Only 1 class, the single make Titans, will run but has FIA international status. So far only 8 drivers and one of those can't attend round 1. To make up for lost track action local series will support each round supposedly. Especially after European RX dropped in numbers I thought this would do well but not so far.
Old 18 Apr 2019, 15:19 (Ref:3898420)   #30
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
http://www.grc-europe.com/fia-intern...for-titans-rx/

Only 1 class, the single make Titans, will run but has FIA international status. So far only 8 drivers and one of those can't attend round 1. To make up for lost track action local series will support each round supposedly. Especially after European RX dropped in numbers I thought this would do well but not so far.
Yeah, not sure what to make of the new decision(s). Concentrating the entries into one class seems a sensible move, but can't help but think the removal of Supercars removes a major draw of the Championship.

With a big entry I think the Titans could still be entertaining.
Old 18 Apr 2019, 17:24 (Ref:3898441)   #31
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thats a meeting crossed off the list potentially then.

Rally at the top level should NEVER me one make
Old 8 May 2019, 01:08 (Ref:3902531)   #32
MissClarrpz
Racer

Dreux Circuit has cancelled round one so the championship is looking for another french circuit to host round one in 7 weeks time. Opening test happened and they seem to be getting some drivers. About a dozen by my count so far. Nothing spectacular though.

Rallycross has just fallen flat everywhere this year and I have no idea why. I know WRX lost teams but no championship or category other than Nordic has seemed to grow.
Old 8 May 2019, 07:48 (Ref:3902560)   #33
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just read some comments about the Dreux cancellation on Facebook and wondered if there was any truth in it.

I thought that they had 10 or more drivers involved, so enough numbers to potentially produce some decent racing.

I still really hope this works out, though I am rather glad I haven't booked any hotels for the Lydden round yet...
Old 8 May 2019, 09:24 (Ref:3902577)   #34
MissClarrpz
Racer

In those Facebook comments TitanRx confirm they're looking for another french circuit. Also you can't buy tickets for it and Dreux don't have it as an event.
I really want to go to Lydden but they'd need about 30 cars across all categories before I'll go. I'm not watching 12 "supercars" and a handful of retros.
Old 8 May 2019, 09:41 (Ref:3902584)   #35
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the entire sport ghas simply grown too quickly too soon, without any regard for what happens if things go wrong.

WRX is on its knees numbers wise, yet they carry on regardless spending thousands on marketing.

ritish rallycross has been struggling for a long time, numbers in certain classes are ok, but those that support one or the other series back them pointlessly without realising that the sport as a whole in he UK would be far richer and better as one bigger series, than two disparate ones.

As for this new thing, it seems tough, if WRX is suffering, then all rallycross will be other than in the places it has always been big, Norway and Sweden and Finland.

It's simple really, IMG ruined it, and these are the consequences.
Old 8 May 2019, 15:54 (Ref:3902653)   #36
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If this fails then I really feel for Pat Doran who just keeps backing the wrong horse. I know that some on here hate him and don't forgive him for getting IMG involved in the first place but it has been at pretty significant personal cost for him and I feel sorry for him, he's a true rallycross fan who just keeps making the wrong call.

But I have very little time for Pucher. He is just a rich boy trying to make more money. A one make series (which he owns), promises the world, can't even deliver Dreux. His tweets are so arrogant and unprofessional. So entitled. He thinks he can make a series based on a brand new model? Why? Why not just try to tap into the (leterally hundreds) of existing cars out there. Supercar, s1500 touring car and supernational. Guarantee that would have been more successful than 12 not quite supercars trundling round.

I hope it fails and then one of two things happens, 1) something sensible with ERX events to run at WRX events or 2) someone else picks up and runs something akin to what I describe above, I.e. a standalone ERC championship at proper venues.

He started saying all the right things then it became this supercar only show and just went downhill from there.
Old 8 May 2019, 20:07 (Ref:3902693)   #37
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Agree with some of that, had some private convos with him on facebook and he is very full of himself, typical obviously of one so rich, used to getting his own, way, clearly. Is still heavily involved with WRX.

I think he has a good idea, but this type of car is not a good thing, we have the cars, and he is only doing it coz IMG wont let him run a sort of ERX series as those guys will be contracted.

Most of all of this STILL lies at the door of those ruiners don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I too am sad for Pat, he has RX in his heart, and has done what few could and run Lydden, he had his heart pulled out by IMG running their own event on a dump of a track that didn't really even want it and only allowed them to build a fairly tame poxy venue.

But, this is where it is, other than himself and a few others buying the ERX rights from IMG (I doubt they would let him) there aint a lot he can do.
Old 8 May 2019, 21:09 (Ref:3902702)   #38
rallyloverke
Racer

rallyloverke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Okay, this Titans-thing has to start yet, so i habe to give it a chance.

But what is happening so far makes me remind about that Rallycross Challenge Europe.

I was reading about the test-event and picked up some words lijke "the cars" are still in development. And they want 15 decent running cars by when? I am still not convinced they will find a circuit easily.

Let me remind all who say this is the way rallycross should go Titans will have a maximum of 15 "silhouettes" , IF 15 will be finished by the start and they want national support races so this series has no existance on it's own. I thought normally there is even no national event planned late july at Lydden? That is late august always?

In my feeling the IMG run championshups WRX and Euro RX weren't that bad , surely if we think about Loheac Holjes, Hell with almost 50 supercars, have we seen that before? Not all is img's fault : okay, you have some local entry prices, some bad choices of circuits. But for example Barcelona doesn't look bad? And when teams start spending more and more money to get the fastest supercar, that is their choice?
Old 8 May 2019, 23:28 (Ref:3902709)   #39
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm generally supportive of IMG but agree that they got greedy and sold out to soulless tracks. Put the current WRX and ERX offering on the old tracks, keen ticket prices reasonable and maybe support the European series a bit more (e.g. raise caps on s1600 to 30 or 35) and I think you'd please a lot of people.

I don't see how IMG has a monopoly on a solid European series? They had that challenge Europe thing. So it's not called the European RX series. Call it something else. It's all about numbers. The challenge never had it. We thought these guys would but then they abandoned the original principles. As you say chunder, it needs to be a concerted effort and much better organised than this. It might even take two years to achieve not a winter break. That's fine.

But actually a solution is to just fix what we have. I don't mind WRX being a manufacturer and rich boy playground so long as the ERX and support series is properly looked after. I think that's lacking at the moment though ERC supercar will be on Facebook this year.
Old 9 May 2019, 06:53 (Ref:3902730)   #40
J.U.
Racer

Germany
Hamburg
J.U. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Titans RX is a non-starter. Pucher´s aim was to attract teams who competed in World or Euro RX before. But the only two teams he was able to convince are Csucsu´s and the team of Andreas Steffen. Everyone else (Paddon, Breen, the Hansen´s ...) is only there because Pucher himself is paying the bills. That series is a joke.
Old 9 May 2019, 09:46 (Ref:3902758)   #41
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
The sport simply is not big enough to support two big series, IMG have decimated it through poor management and over optimism when dealing with manufacturers.

it is the same in the UK, people always argue in favour of two series, but I see no reason why.

there used to be separate series in Scandinavia too, and Finland still seems sort of aloof, but even there it is struggling a bit in some ways.

Get shot of IMG, go back to the roots, start building again, listen to drives and teams, have people on board who understand rallycross, what it has and can be, and make careful decisions for the future. Sadly people like Whittington were on board for IMG and still allowed them to totally ruin the sport. And they should hang their heads on total shame.

Manufacturers in small series are nearly always a bad thing, as are the company running the series building tracks and deciding where to race. look at things like A1GP, WTCC, IRC, all these series were fine before a huge media or marketing company got involved, started to rule with a different rod and now most of those series are so minor and insignificant. People always try and make something bigger than it has any right to be, and rallycros will NEVER be a major motorsport. It can be fun, exciting, quick and spectacular, but it will never rival MotoGP, WRC, F1, WEC or a few others.

All of their decisions are based around money, profit, marketing, none of them are based on fans, history, and a stable base to build from.

That has to be the start, but it will stay as it is because no one can afford to buy it, unless it fails completely, then it will naturally return as a new thing.
Old 10 May 2019, 08:53 (Ref:3902925)   #42
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
I think its important to remember that this series was brought up in conjunction with GRC in USA, so it's not just down to Pucher. When GRC got cancelled he decided to go on with it anyways, and they were quite far in their plans back then. He has invested a lot in this too.
Old 10 May 2019, 17:04 (Ref:3903026)   #43
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
If this fails then I really feel for Pat Doran who just keeps backing the wrong horse.
I didn't know Pat was involved in GRC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
But I have very little time for Pucher. He is just a rich boy trying to make more money.
If you think Pucher is only trying to make money from creating a racing series then I think you are very badly mistaken. He is clearly wealthy but also clearly very intelligent and basing a business model on an unproven racing series is certainly something he wouldnt do in my opinion. He is doing it because he can and little more
Old 30 May 2019, 09:51 (Ref:3906926)   #44
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
This is just too funny.

https://www.facebook.com/titansrx/ph...type=3&theater
Old 30 May 2019, 14:01 (Ref:3906970)   #45
MissClarrpz
Racer

So far I make it 11 cars for round 1, 13 cars for the finale and 12 cars for the other 4 rounds though a 13th is trying to make it to Lydden. At least it's better than ARX. Still 1 month till the season opener so I'd expect a couple more. Aparently you need €20,000 per weekend to rent the car and mechanics.
Old 30 May 2019, 16:13 (Ref:3906999)   #46
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Max Pucher:

Old 30 May 2019, 17:17 (Ref:3907010)   #47
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a quick up date on the British round at Lydden, the Retro Rx crew have confirmed they will be there and on track. I'm50/50 wether im going to this as it falls on same weekend as the Silverstone Classic. Might have to see how the first round turns out and if any more supports added.
Old 30 May 2019, 20:22 (Ref:3907044)   #48
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the criticism towards Pucher is very unjust and for those who think he is just trying to make money out of it are totally deluded
Old 30 May 2019, 21:06 (Ref:3907056)   #49
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
Aparently you need €20,000 per weekend to rent the car and mechanics.
Apparently according to what?
Old 30 May 2019, 21:06 (Ref:3907057)   #50
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
I had originally planned to stay locally, but I am still undecided on doing both days. Definitely going to give one day a look though.