Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 27 May 2013, 08:14 (Ref:3253874)   #76
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Condescending tones don't fit well when trying to apologise.
I consider sticking to my beliefs and not stooping to certain levels man enough thank you very much.
Old 27 May 2013, 08:24 (Ref:3253876)   #77
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post
Condescending tones don't fit well when trying to apologise.
I consider sticking to my beliefs and not stooping to certain levels man enough thank you very much.
Are you serious?
Old 27 May 2013, 08:25 (Ref:3253877)   #78
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Condescending tones you say?

Coming from you, that's very rich.

Anyway, you claimed I insulted you. I apologised to you, albeit not in the 'knees on the floor begging for forgiveness' mode that you would have preferred.

I think at the end of the day more and more people are buying into the ST series, so when you claim "Come on guys, the gang bang style the moment someone points out negatives against the STs is wearing very thin" is tedious and pointless all at the same time.

If you don't like the ST concept and the series, then just start up your own thread based around your motorsport interests. Its easy as that.
Old 27 May 2013, 08:38 (Ref:3253879)   #79
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If there was some truth in the accusations then fair enough, but they are simply not true. Promax has been pretty reasonable of late though! Bravo I say, reasonable discussion is always welcome.
Old 27 May 2013, 08:45 (Ref:3253886)   #80
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Jack Kofoed, really enjoyed watching you race this weekend, and I am VERY glad that I decided to sponsor you, even though it was only a small amount. You exceeded my expectations as a sponsor, 2 podiums and a 4th. Also your choice of not qualifying to save your wets was a good move, and it showed in race one when you started from the back and ended up P3. To other business owners out there the V8CC series is one where you get serious bang for your bucks. Cant say enough good things about JKR.
I've heard a rumour that, for a fiver and a chocolate fish, Jack will add your sponsor to his signature when he signs things. Pretty good investment considering what he'll sign.

#thatchingrip

Cheers for the shoutout, Mr. Fan. I enjoyed my weekend - though there was definitely some bad in the midst of the good. But all in good time these things will get ironed out. It was fun giving the new rocket-launcher-spec lens a work-out. There must be something about dead animals and Pukekohe - there was a dead mouse hanging around at Castrol.

As far as the racing produced by the SuperTourers, I found it bit stale most of the weekend barring the odd mid-pack shuffle. But there's always the odd crap weekend (I enjoyed watching Ruapuna and HD), and perhaps the track conditions meant a few drivers were reluctant to fully let their hair down. The constant red-flags probably didn't help things either.

The support categories were okay. Obviously the low numbers are a little discouraging, but there was some decent racing produced - particularly in the utes and CC's.

Two highlights for me. One was having one of my pictures used for SVG's poster. It's not much of a picture (they only really wanted a shot of the car decorated with the newest latest sponsors), but it's my first. I couldn't help but laugh seeing SVG signing my pic. So cool.

Second highlight was after the final race. In near pitch-dark, the marshalls were all gathered together under race control having a few beers. Next thing Greg Murphy walks over with a big box under his arm. He addresses them all, thanks them for their work over the weekend and expresses his appreciation before handing out whatever he had in the box. I imagine the box was probably full of merchandise or beers or something. I thought it was a nice little gesture from a guy who cops a hilarious amount of hammering on online boards.

Here's a few more support snaps.

"Hmmmm....that Lightfoot Falcon is running a little wide... Maybe I should move..."

*Splat*

Andy Waite has mature friends.

Old 27 May 2013, 09:06 (Ref:3253893)   #81
Point2
Rookie

Point2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Its taken me a while to post as I have been on the road straight after the racing at Puke, and now I am in Wanaka where it is a whopping 1Degc as I write, but threatening to lower to minus 7!!

Anyway, some shout outs first:

Jack Kofoed, really enjoyed watching you race this weekend, and I am VERY glad that I decided to sponsor you, even though it was only a small amount. You exceeded my expectations as a sponsor, 2 podiums and a 4th. Also your choice of not qualifying to save your wets was a good move, and it showed in race one when you started from the back and ended up P3. To other business owners out there the V8CC series is one where you get serious bang for your bucks. Cant say enough good things about JKR.

HProject - as always great pics that really show the weekend in its entirety. I for one appreciate you getting out there (in the miserable weather) and catching these fantastic shots.

Now we attended both days, and yes I have to say it was an odd weekend of racing. I think the safety car and recovery vehicles did more laps than the cars!! But by Sunday my weather predictions had panned out (minus the wind) and it was mostly dry running except for the River Nile crossing the track just over the hill.

I still don't get Puke though. I know it has a touch of history about it, but to me it has a touch of mange about it. Sure the track is cool, but a little dated and quite frankly dangerous. The grandstand still feels like a cheap affair, and putting the dead pigeon that had been pulled part by rats (presumably) aside the stands are pretty awful. I'd love to know how the 6.5 mill got allocated to 'upgrade' the track and buildings.

But anyway, still was better than I thought with the weather that we had to endure. There were lots of people there, and the parking lots were chocker, and I enjoyed watching a V10 Audi R8 trying to get out on wet grass (not the white one blasting around the track, but one in the parking lot).

Whoever was on the music needs to be shot, as a horse racing PA does not have any bass, so the music was annoying, from my POV. But that's just my opinion.

The drivers need to get to grips with these cars as I hate seeing all of these wrecked ST's on the first lap. C'mon guys, at your level, you should know better!

Red flag after red flag made it challenging from a spectators POV, especially when the good 'ol tractor is heading down to the accident spot at 5kph. But they did get better at recovering vehicles as the weekend progressed. Practice makes perfect I guess.

Now, onto the speed comparison. Mark has beaten me to it, but it is plain to see that the ST is quite a race car. My calculations show that on average they were a second or so off the SC's, and has Mark has already pointed out, the SC weekend was perfect, round 3 of the ST's was far from it.

To compare the TLX in terms of speed is irrelevant in my view, although we all know (and have for some time) the TLX is far slower than the ST. And yes the ST costs a wee bit more (and in some cases I believe less than the TLX's - McKenzies ford is an example of that, but something I am sure that MRX will get on top of). But the ST's are the top V8 racing touring car category in NZ, no doubt about that. So certain people on here who try to bag this just look like complete doughnuts in their rhetoric. Don't forget that when the TLX's did puke, the fastest was a mid 1.06, but the slowest was pushing into the 1.08's. The V8CC cars this weekend were getting into the 1.10's, which is still faster than the TL's racing in the NZV8's at the same track, in trying conditions - must be the rubber I guess?

And Brickhead, I am glad that you were surprised by just how fast the ST's are, but to then claim that you prefer to watch 3 TLX's so-called 'competing' with each other is a joke. But it is your opinion, which you are entitled too. I am struggling to think of another series where 3 cars are competing with each other, but each to their own I guess. But you have 6 cars to look forward to this summer series, so maybe you will enjoy it even more

Only got to wait for 90 something days now for the next round. I would like to think that one day, the series will visit every track in NZ (both North and South Island) and will have less gaps in between events to keep the interest there.

Stoked for SVG getting his maiden wins too And Ant continues to impress.

That's my two pennies worth anyway
Could not agree more about Jack Koefeds efforts.
Also stoked to be part of this up and coming young team
Old 27 May 2013, 09:08 (Ref:3253896)   #82
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Haha that's some funny pics there of Jack

I notice that's a 'Sharpie' pen....aren't they permanent?
Old 28 May 2013, 10:45 (Ref:3254441)   #83
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seeing as we couldnt play nicely in the "News" thread, thought i'd post this here, I put together a quick concept of the VF Commodore we've been seeing on the Sky V8 Supercar coverage, but with the ST rear wing which i'd assume will carry over. Already on the weekend I found it odd seeing the VE shape, hopefully we get the VF at the start of next season

Old 28 May 2013, 10:47 (Ref:3254443)   #84
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Nice work biggy and I agree this should go in the news thread. Moderators, any chance of unlocking that thread? this is exactly where things like this should go. We've been good for a few days now so why not unlock it??

Just out of interest, is your image the current Ingall car?

Edit:
Actually I can see it is, as this has the single nut hub and no 'BNTV8ST" sticker on the front, and no mention of Hankook on the front quarter panels. Stanley is also a giveaway as is the front splitter

Looks great nonetheless. Keen to have a crack at the Hyundai i45 with Hankook sponsorship? (assuming that Hankook will sponsor the new Hyundai, and while your there how about a leftfield drawing on a beemer or Merc?)

Great stuff as always Biggy

Stu

Last edited by NZSTfan; 28 May 2013 at 10:56.
Old 28 May 2013, 12:27 (Ref:3254485)   #85
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Moderators, any chance of unlocking that thread? this is exactly where things like this should go. We've been good for a few days now so why not unlock it??
Some of you have, but as usual some are completely unable to control themselves. It stays locked until we see an improvement. Sorry to penalise other users for the actions of a few but that's the way it is. In the meantime, event specific threads are the way to go. Much easier to prune as necessary.
Old 1 Jun 2013, 06:24 (Ref:3256271)   #86
KLR93
Rookie

New Zealand
Whangarei
KLR93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey guys, heres the latest video we shot for Tasman Motorsport from Round 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfV336GZniM
Old 3 Jun 2013, 23:37 (Ref:3257367)   #87
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Nice work KLR93, I saw that vid on speedcafe the other day. Its good because it provides an insight into one of the better teams. I hope to see more of these in the future
Old 9 Jun 2013, 08:02 (Ref:3259605)   #88
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Was ant pedersen fined, docked points for his brain fade of the race 1 crash?

If not why?
Old 9 Jun 2013, 10:26 (Ref:3259671)   #89
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
Was ant pedersen fined, docked points for his brain fade of the race 1 crash?

If not why?
Was it 'brain fade', or were fingers pointed at the standing water on that particular piece of track.

Also, Shane van Gisbergen just posted a comparison of the telemetry of his SuperTourer and Supercar on hiss Facebook page. Very interesting reading. The SuperTourer - as its competitive lap-times over the weekend - compared quite well.
Old 9 Jun 2013, 11:16 (Ref:3259684)   #90
MacrosNZ
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
MacrosNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed. Only info given is that the SC is the white trace

Old 9 Jun 2013, 19:36 (Ref:3259898)   #91
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacrosNZ View Post
Indeed. Only info given is that the SC is the white trace

The principal difference is clearly the 8 Kilometre's per hour top speed between the the two cars, which is largely down to the 60 BHP advantage the V8SC enjoys over the V8ST.

More interesting at least to me is the that the V8St is equally good under brakes and through the fast corners. Given the comparatively low RPM of the V8ST, it would also be clearly faster with a 3.5 diff ratio instead of the current 3.2
Old 10 Jun 2013, 00:49 (Ref:3260074)   #92
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
That's interesting. Assuming the red line is the ST, there are portions where the ST is slightly faster, no doubt in relation to the brakes that Mark mentions above.

I think tit for tat if both were running on the same day the difference would be a couple of tenths between the two.

I think if both raced at HD then the ST would have it TBH
Old 13 Jun 2013, 10:01 (Ref:3262024)   #93
ascott
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
ascott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was there mention of the Hyundai I45 bodied supertourer making an appearance at Pukekohe?

As I don't think this happened, I assume we'll see it at Taupo or maybe earlier?
Old 13 Jun 2013, 23:09 (Ref:3262358)   #94
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascott View Post
Was there mention of the Hyundai I45 bodied supertourer making an appearance at Pukekohe?

As I don't think this happened, I assume we'll see it at Taupo or maybe earlier?
At this point we are not planning to race the I45, until the V8ST Endurance Series beginning at Hampton Downs in September.

Mark Petch.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 23:28 (Ref:3262362)   #95
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
^ so is that round 6 in early November Mark?

Also, any hints as to who will be driving this machine? Kayne Scott maybe + partner??
Old 14 Jun 2013, 01:30 (Ref:3262388)   #96
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
^ so is that round 6 in early November Mark?

Also, any hints as to who will be driving this machine? Kayne Scott maybe + partner??
NZSTfan,

My apologies, I forgot about the newly revised V8ST calendar, so should have said at Pukekohe on the 28/29th September next.

Who drives the I45 will depend on the cars owner's [not me] and I am sure they will make a press release, when they feel it is appropriate to do so.

I disbanded MPM 3 years ago and retired from running my own team, in order to focus on V8ST. I will not under any circumstances restarting MPM, those days are gone for ever.

As far as I am aware Kayne Scott has two offers fro the endurance Series, however again that is not my business, Kayne is his own man and will make his own decision in his own time.
Old 14 Jun 2013, 02:26 (Ref:3262400)   #97
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Thanks Mark,
I'll look forward to seeing the car at Puke then

Also, met your son Chris yesterday, nice bloke and very passionate about racing in general. While I was at the workshop I bought me a nice new pair of Sabelt racing boots for cheap as chips!!!

Good range of affordable products I must say
Old 16 Jun 2013, 03:12 (Ref:3263263)   #98
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Mark,
I'll look forward to seeing the car at Puke then

Also, met your son Chris yesterday, nice bloke and very passionate about racing in general. While I was at the workshop I bought me a nice new pair of Sabelt racing boots for cheap as chips!!!

Good range of affordable products I must say
Hi NZSTfan,

Glad to hear the guys looked after you, young Jack has done a great job getting our new e'shop up and running along with my youngest son Jolyon who is a graphic artist and website designer when he is is not spinning records as a DJ, which is his first love.

Cheers,

Mark.

Last edited by Antrodemus; 16 Jun 2013 at 22:56. Reason: Advertising
Old 17 Jun 2013, 04:45 (Ref:3263611)   #99
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Here's Barg's telemetry from Puke, let's compare...

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...type=1&theater
Old 17 Jun 2013, 07:18 (Ref:3263662)   #100
MacrosNZ
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
MacrosNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A bit hard to compare when one is against time and the other against distance.