Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 25 Jul 2005, 21:11 (Ref:1363276)   #1
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands HSCC Superprix

just a quick note to say 'many thanks' to all of you who braved the elements yesterday and Saturday at Brands. Special thanks to the marshall who looked after me after my little 'off' in the FFord race at Pilgrim's Drop (I'm no.89), I managed to just aquaplane off the circuit - lovely!!
Anyways, the car doesn't look too damaged, and we will hopefully be out at Silverstone next weekend. Hope all of you got home ok. Cheers!
Old 26 Jul 2005, 12:16 (Ref:1363719)   #2
Stone-kicker
Racer

England
Stone-kicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to Silverstone as are most marshals I have spoken to, I hope we didn't loose too many cars (especially F5000's) at Brands last weekend.
Old 30 Jul 2005, 19:19 (Ref:1367701)   #3
lewis360
Rookie

lewis360 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
great meeting and hope to see hscc at brands next year
Old 31 Jul 2005, 10:27 (Ref:1368096)   #4
Circuitmarshal
Veteran

England
Historic RAF Tangmere, West Sussex
Circuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCircuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis360
great meeting and hope to see hscc at brands next year
Here Here, only get to do the Sunday, but what a meeting.
I guess being big and old like some of the cars makes me feel good.
Team Circuitmarshal were post 11 same as last year, and next year?
Old 31 Jul 2005, 20:27 (Ref:1368467)   #5
Fat Controller
Rookie

United Kingdom
A race track near Canterbury, Kent
Fat Controller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I must say, this was the first year I have managed to marshal for HSCC, as they usually clash with another event. I was really impressed with the grid sizes, the condition of the cars, and the polite manner of the drivers, including one that had to wait for a recovery in the rain (in the Pitlane) as all of D&G vehicles were needed on circuit. The oil fire on the Group C car on Saturday livened things up as well, especially as the driver thought it would be a good idea to drive his (well alight) car down into the pitlane, passing a Rescue vehicle & Brands Maintenance, who had extinguishers on board!! <Not much fuel held in the pitlane, then?!>

In all, an excellent meeting - I'll definitely try to do this one next year. (Perhaps we can pre-order the sunshine?)

Old 31 Jul 2005, 20:43 (Ref:1368483)   #6
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
archaic gold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I agree with the Fat Controller that the HSCC Meeting was great. The drivers are so polite because most of them are of the 'gentlemen' type who race for fun and not on a career challenge to Formula One.
I do not wish to upset the applecart, but the driver of the mobile fireball which started on teh Cooper Straight before Post 8, was; (dare I say it?? female!!)
What is this , must make the Pit Lane at all costs??
Probably, not a well known fact, but the Brands Hatch Maintenance crew are no longer regular Maintenance staff, but members of the regular week-time Track Marshals, and so well used to putting out fires!! Perhaps their Ford Transit could be fitted with Blue Emergency lights and marked as a back-up Fire Truck.
However, a big "Thank-you" to all the Marshals from the Assembly Area and Post 24 who so efficiently and professionally extinguished the fire. I understand, that it took eight fire extinguishers leaving a very sorry Le Mans Porsche!! Well done, All!!
Old 31 Jul 2005, 21:48 (Ref:1368548)   #7
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Post 24, Assembly AND Pit Marshals of course.

It also acts as a reminder to marshals in all areas that it is important to wear your probans and have your gloves handy even if you are in the assembly area.