Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Aug 2019, 04:49 (Ref:3920916)   #426
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
GTA (Masaaki Bandoh) and ITR (Gerhard Berger) joint press conference about SGT DTM exchange race.

-Title sponsor of the exchange race is Autobacs. Exchange race day is 45th anniversary since it uses company name as Autobacs.
-Support race is Autosport web sprint cup by GT300 cars. details will be explained in race day press conference.
-ITR will send 6-10 cars for exchange race. However, the seat might be shared by the surplus DTM driver.
-In the exchange race, DRS and push to pass system won't be used.
-In the Hockenheim race, DTM cars use DRS and push to pass system because it is championship race. However, SGT cars won't use that.
Old 3 Aug 2019, 21:18 (Ref:3921037)   #427
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Green Brave got the pole in GT300! Good for them. Hope they can have a good race and possibly win.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 03:32 (Ref:3921063)   #428
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Race day press conference by GTA (Masaaki Bandoh) <Part.1>
https://www.fmotor.jp/2019-sgt-news-sprintcup
https://www.as-web.jp/supergt/509561?all

*Outline of auto sport Web Sprint Cup
-Participation vehicle, driver
2019 Super GT series GT300 class participation vehicle and driver
-Race schedule
Nov 22 practice session (45min*2)
Nov 23 Qualifying session, Race 1 (50min)
Nov 24 Race 2 (50min)
-Race format
2 race (50min), Final result is decided by Race 2 result.
Driver change included. But no refueling.
Pit open time, minimum pit stop time is regulated.
If you use air-jack, plus alpha stop time is added.
-Qualifying session
10min + 10min, Race 1 starting grid is decided by total time of each driver's time.
Race 2 starting gird is decided by Race 1 result (Reverse grid is under consideration).
-Award
Under consideration. (Total 10 million yen)
Old 4 Aug 2019, 06:39 (Ref:3921083)   #429
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What happened to the McLaren yet again?
Old 4 Aug 2019, 11:40 (Ref:3921113)   #430
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
GTA race day press conferenc by GTA <Part.2>
https://www.fmotor.jp/2019-sgt-rd5-fuji-gta-comments

*About 2020 provisional calendar
-About Sepang round, there is a lot of voices that want to see SGT in a questionnaire in Malaysia, and it came to be held thanks to the promoter.
-As for the schedule, we are considering holding a Sepang round next week or two weeks after the Thailand round.
-Overseas races are alternatives to the Fuji round.
-However, the number of rounds might increase after 2021 (total 9 race plus exchange race).
-We might change the front window sticker to the Olympic support version.

*About schdule crash with WEC, etc.
-The drivers participating in the WEC and SGT will be different.
-There are no plans to resolve schedule overlap with other categories at this time.

*About SGT/DTM exchange race after 2020.
-There are many issues to consider.
-The tires became Hankook because DTM contracted Hankook this season, but there may be another manufacturer next season.

*About 2020 GT500 chassis
-It will be unveiled at the Suzuka test in September.
-We think that hybrid system should be introduced due to environmental issues.
-We are thinking of an introduction in 2022 or 2023 season.

Last edited by Japanese Samurai; 4 Aug 2019 at 11:51.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 12:20 (Ref:3921120)   #431
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
If you use air-jack, plus alpha stop time is added.
If you use an air-jack for tire replacement, the minimum pit time limit will be further extended.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 14:35 (Ref:3921175)   #432
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
GTA race day press conference by GTA <Part.3>
https://car.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1199993.html

*About GT300 sprint cup
-Participation car number will be 10-16 cars.
-Tire will be multi makes.

*About future GT500 car (introducing hybrid system)
-We will use current regulations until 2022.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 14:40 (Ref:3921181)   #433
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, reintroducing hybrids after banning them? I think GTA shouldn't ban them a long time ago and instead have all 3 manufacturers use the system.
Old 5 Aug 2019, 18:27 (Ref:3921558)   #434
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Only Honda used it and it wasn't worth the trouble. If they go hybrid it needs to be potent so that it's a noticeable difference. I prefer no hybrids because it might cause a spending war which means to control costs the series might go even more spec which is the last thing GT500 needs more of (example the DTM chassis).
Old 6 Aug 2019, 13:03 (Ref:3921679)   #435
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Kenta Yamashita is tweeting about yellow flag issues.
https://twitter.com/kentayamashitaa/...14705654898688

I have always heard at Fuji briefing that the post flag is the top priority and that the digital bulletin board is just an information.
I confirmed that there was no yellow flag in the post.
And I passed the safety line and entered the pit.
Naturally, there seemed to be many protests, and the result of the judging committee was that judgement.
Then, I think that the opinion that digital bulletin board doesn't make sense is right, and I think this should be improved.
You may be dissatisfied, but please understand that I took the best possible way to win within the current rules.

Last edited by Japanese Samurai; 6 Aug 2019 at 13:18.
Old 8 Aug 2019, 06:27 (Ref:3921898)   #436
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Shigekazu Wakisaka says that this is the last season that Green Brave (#52) uses Mark X GT300 MC.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B05DiICBeR1/
Old 8 Aug 2019, 06:42 (Ref:3921901)   #437
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
A lot of people here probably won't be aware the Mark X is going out of production at the end of the year, so that isn't a surprise.
Old 10 Aug 2019, 03:41 (Ref:3922163)   #438
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Autosport web is reporting Nissan's 2nd fresh engine (Nissan general director Motohiro Matsumura interview).
https://www.as-web.jp/supergt/511494?all

*Matsumura says that the development of the 2nd fresh engine is not delayed.
*Rivals (Lexus, Honda) had already introduced pre-chamber engine.
*Matsumura says that the pre-chamber that covers the spark plug in the combustion chamber has the advantage of improving peak power, but it also has the disadvantage of maintaining stable combustion in the transient region.
*Compared to F1, which uses special fuel, GT500, which has to use commercial high-octane gasoline, seems to have a negative effect.
*Matsumura says that basic research (about pre-chamber) is almost over. I think that there is a good effect, so it is one of the option. The question is what to do with the concept of combustion in total, and pre-chamber is prohibited in Class 1 (common regulations with DTM). So we have to think about whether we want an engine that supports both GT500/Class 1 category. I don't mention if our 2nd fresh engine has a pre-chamber.
Old 10 Aug 2019, 22:37 (Ref:3922245)   #439
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just finished watching Fuji.

A shame that the overall win was decided by the last safety car but it was a good race. Nice to see JLOC win in GT300 and the Mark X on the podium as well.

Unfortunately, I only made it to lap 80 before I had to mute the video as Cole & Gaymor don't know their arse from their elbow. Unbearable!
Old 11 Aug 2019, 03:46 (Ref:3922258)   #440
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
Just finished watching Fuji.

A shame that the overall win was decided by the last safety car but it was a good race. Nice to see JLOC win in GT300 and the Mark X on the podium as well.

Unfortunately, I only made it to lap 80 before I had to mute the video as Cole & Gaymor don't know their arse from their elbow. Unbearable!
I'm not a big fan of them either but I know the names they're trying to pronounce lol. I guess that's only half the problem with their commentary.
Old 11 Aug 2019, 04:28 (Ref:3922261)   #441
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
They're going to need to start having public live timing if they expect me to follow a TV broadcast where the commentary offers literally zero insight about what's happening.
Old 13 Aug 2019, 17:14 (Ref:3922596)   #442
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
They're going to need to start having public live timing if they expect me to follow a TV broadcast where the commentary offers literally zero insight about what's happening.
Why don't they have one in first place?
Old 16 Aug 2019, 11:41 (Ref:3922963)   #443
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Hirohide Hamashima join in the Team Nakajima (#64).
https://jp.motorsport.com/supergt/ne...shima/4514141/
Old 20 Aug 2019, 09:30 (Ref:3923495)   #444
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Korean company Nexen tire wants to participate in SGT in the future.
https://www.automesseweb.jp/2019/08/20/196928

Nexen is participating Japanese professional series of 86/BRZ race.
Ryu Nishimura (Nexen tire Japan CEO) says,
"In the future, we want to participate in SGT.
Hankook tire had participate in the series before. And they took several years to win.
Hankook's results at the SGT increased the value in Japan and changed the reputation of tire professionals.
They increased original equipment tires by supplying tires to DTM series.
Motorsports and OE are tire manufacturers' royal roads."
Old 20 Aug 2019, 20:07 (Ref:3923546)   #445
TF110
Veteran

United States
Can't say I've heard of Nexen tire. I see why they want in SGT, that would get their name out in Japan.
Old 20 Aug 2019, 20:28 (Ref:3923547)   #446
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Can't say I've heard of Nexen tire. I see why they want in SGT, that would get their name out in Japan.
First came to my attention when they sponsored Man City. They seem to be gaining a larger global profile recently.
Old 21 Aug 2019, 01:10 (Ref:3923573)   #447
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I've seen them around, just figured they were a budget brand but I know nothing about their road car tires.
Old 22 Aug 2019, 10:28 (Ref:3923719)   #448
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Shintaro Watanabe (Mooncraft engineer) explains Mother Chassis Lotus Evora GT300.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK3gILXqFU0
Old 22 Aug 2019, 10:58 (Ref:3923721)   #449
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Autosport web explains in detail the legality of the #6's pit stop.
https://www.as-web.jp/supergt/513777?all

Before #6 passed the first safety car line, SC board was posted on the 17th post. (2:55:36)
However, Hattori judged that the post that #6 should follow is the main flag tower because #6 was in a difficult place to confirm the 17th post.
When #6 crossed the first safety car line, the main flag tower posted a green flag.
Therefore, #6's pit stop was judged legal.
Old 23 Aug 2019, 19:33 (Ref:3923909)   #450
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Nexen is a major sponsor of drifting, with no less than Chris Forsberg and Fredric Aasbo.