Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Whos fault was the first corner?
Rubens Barrichello 21 33.87%
Ralf Schumacher 41 66.13%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Mar 2002, 12:44 (Ref:226746)   #1
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf VS Rubens: Who's fault was it?

That first corner incident was a shocka, although it let DC to the front (his corner 15 was a shocka too) i think the race should have been red flagged, 8 cars out! it was just like germany, but anyway, i think Rubens was all over the place, being a little crazy, very uncommon.

But who do you think was to blame, as it caused a very expensive chain reaction.
Old 3 Mar 2002, 12:54 (Ref:226751)   #2
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
It was both of them. Ralf should have been slowing down, but he obviously wasn't expecting Barrichello to move over like that. And of course there is the small matter of Barrichello weaving all over the track - goodness knows what he thought he was doing. A bad attempt at taking a leaf out of TGF's book, perhaps?
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 3 Mar 2002, 13:20 (Ref:226772)   #3
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Neither really. It was a racing incident. However, if we want to cast blame, more should be laid at the door of a certain Ralf Schumacher. He was the one who was silly enough not to brake for the first corner.
Old 3 Mar 2002, 13:31 (Ref:226783)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf would never have made that corner driving like that, even if Rubens had not been there. Obviously he was looking to his left and in his mirrors (to find Montoya?) and not in front of him. Watch it in slow motion.

As for Rubens "weaving all over the track", well that move has been ruled legal by Max and Bernie when the Other Red Car does it, on many many occasions. And anyway if Ralf had been looking where he was going, he would not have done it.

This is two years in a row. I suppose it is always going to be someone else's fault with him.
Old 3 Mar 2002, 13:57 (Ref:226802)   #5
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neithers fault
Old 3 Mar 2002, 14:53 (Ref:226839)   #6
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I disagree. It was BOTH of theirs fault, but with the emphasis on the German. Rubinho can take whatever line he likes. He wasn't WEAVING, he was trying to make the corner. ralf was MILES too late on the brakes and should have expected rubens to move, though perhaps not as much as he did. A bit silly really.
Old 3 Mar 2002, 15:05 (Ref:226851)   #7
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I said i another topic I think both are to blame. I think Halfie had the pace to do the ridicule on his own and Barrichello should have let him do it....LOL
Old 3 Mar 2002, 15:11 (Ref:226854)   #8
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As i've also said, nobody is really bent on putting the blame on only one of the drivers. But i think its quite common view that while both drivers are to be blamed, Ralf tends to have to shoulder just that bit more.
Old 3 Mar 2002, 15:25 (Ref:226874)   #9
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"ralfie TENDS to have to shoulder the blame" or "ralfie SHOULD have to shoulder more of the blame" in this case??
Old 3 Mar 2002, 15:33 (Ref:226884)   #10
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its nobodys fault - just a racing incident but since everyone is keen to assign blame then it rests more on Barrichelo.

He should read the rule books. He changed line on 3 occasions - basically blocking Ralf Schumacher. He should read the regulations that he himself was whining about last season in Brazil. That is, if he knows how to read since he obviously cant drive.

Last edited by Mania; 3 Mar 2002 at 15:34.
Old 3 Mar 2002, 15:44 (Ref:226891)   #11
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RB deserved to be penalized, if race continued..., but the main accident factor was the man-from-behind´s late-brake.
Old 3 Mar 2002, 15:45 (Ref:226893)   #12
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Oops ...

Last edited by Don K; 3 Mar 2002 at 15:47.
Old 3 Mar 2002, 15:48 (Ref:226896)   #13
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Re: Who's fault was it?

Aliens?
Attached Images

Old 3 Mar 2002, 16:32 (Ref:226935)   #14
Crash and Burn
Racer

Crash and Burn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf Put your glasses on - and of course RB was braking IT WAS A CORNER!!!!!!!
Old 3 Mar 2002, 16:36 (Ref:226940)   #15
Mania
Veteran

He was braking entirely and switching lines - which is the entire point. No glasses can prepare you for a moron in a number 2 ferrari.
Old 3 Mar 2002, 16:54 (Ref:226946)   #16
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes racing incident caused by Ralf, he wouldn't have made that corner, Kimi didn't either, luckily no one was infront of him.
Old 3 Mar 2002, 16:55 (Ref:226949)   #17
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But at least, glasses can help you see that Ralf is really being overly enthusiatic and optimistic in braking for that corner.

Rubens braked what he deem is fit for the corner, and it seems to be fair, because none of the cars on his flank (michael and the Mclarens) suddenly shoot pass to indicate Rubens brake excessively.

The last change of line (left move) is normal..every defending driver into a tight corner would try to tackle it from as far outside as possible.
Old 3 Mar 2002, 16:58 (Ref:226951)   #18
Mania
Veteran

So what you're saying is that Barrichelo has the right to swerve and brake when he likes and where he likes.

Please. Read the rulebook next time around.

Who's to say whether Ralf would have made the corner or not. He never got a chance did he? Thats because, Barrichelo was busy looking in the mirrors and blocking the Williams.

And nowhere does it say a driver can change line twice and then go back to change the line the third time to he can take the normal racing line into the corner.

You cant justify his actions - dont know why you want to in the first place.

Last edited by Mania; 3 Mar 2002 at 16:59.
Old 3 Mar 2002, 16:58 (Ref:226953)   #19
J.McClane
Veteran

J.McClane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Little Shu needs to learn how to drive
Old 3 Mar 2002, 17:03 (Ref:226955)   #20
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The lack of ruling on this issue makes it difficult to say who was wrong "by the rule book". There is supposed to be a Driver's agreement about it but no clear rules.
Old 3 Mar 2002, 18:02 (Ref:227006)   #21
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Next time, Barrichello won´t need to worry about to swerve in that manner to defend his Pole..., cause JPM will show them the correct path, and his rear "BMW Power" AD !
Old 3 Mar 2002, 18:08 (Ref:227017)   #22
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf did far too much weaving at the start!

Michael does it once, not several times.
Old 3 Mar 2002, 18:12 (Ref:227019)   #23
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by hakkiman
Ralf did far too much weaving at the start!
It's called RACING. He wasn't weaving to block anyone, the way Barrichello was - he was trying to get past someone.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 3 Mar 2002, 18:21 (Ref:227025)   #24
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its totally Ralf's fault. Rubens was also at fault, but the baklme has to go with Ralf.
Old 3 Mar 2002, 18:35 (Ref:227035)   #25
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally posted by hakkiman
Its totally Ralf's fault. Rubens was also at fault
Huh?