Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 May 2019, 12:13 (Ref:3901238)   #301
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Autosport web is reporting repair story of crashed GT300 cars.
http://www.as-web.jp/supergt/477209?all

*Vivac 86 (#25) and EXE AMG GT3 (#50) were helped by other team.
*Gainer GTR GT3 (#10) and X-works GTR GT3 (#33) couldn't repair the main monocoque. So they had to replace it.
*Team D'station (#7) were also forced to divert the Super Taikyu chassis
because the main monocoque could not be repaired.
Old 2 May 2019, 13:09 (Ref:3901247)   #302
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Web Option is reporting apr (#31) Prius PHV GT300.
https://option.tokyo/2019/05/02/24817/

*The MGU system is a detachable type attached to the rear of the transaxle Hewland transmission, and it can run if it is equipped with a cell motor even if MGU is removed.
*As for storage, a large-sized capacitor (using parts for commercial vehicles) and a control unit are mounted at the passenger seat position.
*From this year's car, it has only two pedals, an accelerator and a brake, and a hand clutch is adopted.
Old 2 May 2019, 14:44 (Ref:3901268)   #303
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
GTA will distribute Okayama round full race contents with English and French commentary (on YouTube?).
At first, only the final race will be distributed, but after the 3rd round, the distribution of qualifying sessions and free practice sessions contents is also under consideration.
https://jp.motorsport.com/supergt/ne...orttv/4379760/
Old 2 May 2019, 17:15 (Ref:3901298)   #304
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I prefer the Japanese commentary tbh. They have the vigor and excitement that is lacking from the previous Nismo TV stream. No offense to Sam Collins and crew but they often got the pronunciations and names wrong anyway. I wish it were just subtitled instead.
Old 2 May 2019, 17:58 (Ref:3901329)   #305
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well it would be good if it was subtitled. Then we’d really get to enjoy their enthusiasm. But people find it easier to have English commentators instead

I guess there wasn’t enough interest to get it subtitled. Never mind, at least now more can watch the series

Last edited by Aysedasi; 2 May 2019 at 20:37.
Old 4 May 2019, 06:01 (Ref:3901649)   #306
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Race day press conference by GTA (Masaaki Bandoh) <Part.1>
https://www.fmotor.jp/2019-sgt-rd2-gta-comments

*About Okayama round
-As for the red flag and the penalty, I don't intend to say anything as a promoter, as it is an exclusive matter of contest management.
-It is conceivable to increase the types of rain tires, but this is difficult because the cost increases.
-Given the safety aspect, I think it was inevitable that the race was interrupted.

*About first race of Reiwa era.
-Thanks to everyone, it has become the best attendance in the past.

*About new information about joint events in November.
-There are 12-14 cars coming from DTM. This is based on loading capacity of the transport aircraft.
-As for regulations, I plan to have a one hour race on Saturdays and Sundays. DRS won't be used. Adjust the push-to-pass system to not be unfair. The tire becomes Hankook's one-make.
-We will announce the title sponsor of the joint event at the Suzuka Round.
Old 4 May 2019, 06:06 (Ref:3901650)   #307
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
So, errr, what did I miss?
Old 4 May 2019, 07:23 (Ref:3901658)   #308
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad that DRS is disabled 'cause that'll be unfair for the DTM cars to beat the GT500 cars at Fuji.

Then again, I wonder what will happen if Super GT teams use their own tires while DTM teams got DRS enabled, who will win?
Old 4 May 2019, 07:46 (Ref:3901662)   #309
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Race day press conference by GTA <Part.2>
https://car.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1182959.html

*About international bloadcast
-This is a fixed deal in relation to Haro Sports.
-Dispatch of Information is important for us, and video contents is an asset for us, so we wanted to use it to raise awareness of Super GT. This is a result of our staff working hard to make things happen.

*About GT500 midship BoP
-There is no change in the decision to decide midship BoP based on the results of Okayama (medium and low speed circuit) and Fuji (high speed circuit).

*About NSX (midship car) treatment in Class 1
-It's very difficult question to answer.
-At the moment, we are working with Toyota, Nissan and Honda on the establishment of stable regulations for three years from 2020 to 2022.
Old 4 May 2019, 08:12 (Ref:3901669)   #310
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well that's cleared up a few areas, like with broadcasting and BoP.
Old 4 May 2019, 09:01 (Ref:3901679)   #311
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Race day press conference by GTA <Part.3>
https://supergt.net/news/single/19045

*About international broadcasting (2)
However, the race contents is our property, and it is a business that can be a source of income. Therefore, even if in order to raise overseas recognition, we can not afford to provide it free of charge.
Under the circumstances, Haro Sports and our staff made a contract with motorsport.com.
Old 4 May 2019, 11:08 (Ref:3901699)   #312
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man, I thought that Round 2 will end early due to bad weather, but it appears that we got a full 110-lap race.

Congratulations to the No. 38 ZENT Cerumo Lexus LC500 and the No. 11 Gainer GT-R for winning the Fuji 500km race.
Old 4 May 2019, 12:51 (Ref:3901750)   #313
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Heated tobacco products company "jouz" became Super GT series sponsor (excluded Thailand round).
https://response.jp/article/2019/05/04/321981.html
Old 4 May 2019, 20:43 (Ref:3901864)   #314
S griffin
Veteran

Seems tobacco sponsorship is still a thing. Seen it from McLaren and Ferrari in F1 this season, now in Super GT too
Old 5 May 2019, 00:07 (Ref:3901898)   #315
Bobby_status
Racer

Bobby_status should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anybody watch the SuperGT stream on Motorsports TV? I'm glad its free to watch but I have say the commentary from Sam Collins and gang are WAY better than what I was listening to yesterday, the guys sounds very uninformed, saying that JAF300 are Japanese GT3 cars? WTF? Please Motorsport TV hire Sam!!!
Old 5 May 2019, 00:15 (Ref:3901900)   #316
MagVanisher
Veteran

Yeah, the commentators needs to learn more about the series. Hoping that they improve in the next 3 weeks.
Old 5 May 2019, 07:15 (Ref:3901919)   #317
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
According to Autosport web,
Lexus couldn't introduce 2019 spec engine, but it improved the engine mapping (anti-lag system) in 2nd round.
However, more development is needed to catch up the rivals.
http://www.as-web.jp/supergt/477982?all
Old 5 May 2019, 08:30 (Ref:3901926)   #318
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
jp.motorsport.com reports NISMO (#23)'s race report.
https://jp.motorsport.com/supergt/ne...ments/4381716/

*Quintarelli was overtaken by Tachikawa because the pick-up caused grip performance loss although warm-up performance was good.
*As for Matsuda's 2nd stint, the road surface after the rain did not fit the tire.
*Matsuda says that this year's machine overcame the under steering.
Old 5 May 2019, 10:13 (Ref:3901936)   #319
S griffin
Veteran

Thanks for that. Seems a bit of interesting drama happened during the race which affected a few front runners. Button wins again, shows how good he is with these cars
Old 5 May 2019, 11:05 (Ref:3901954)   #320
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Thanks for that. Seems a bit of interesting drama happened during the race which affected a few front runners. Button wins again, shows how good he is with these cars
Button wins? looked more like the Cerumo boys to me and Kunimitsu 's third place seemed more to do with Yamamto 's late charge
Old 5 May 2019, 11:34 (Ref:3901967)   #321
S griffin
Veteran

Ok it’s a team effort and they were helped a little by circumstances, but they deserved it
Old 5 May 2019, 18:37 (Ref:3902044)   #322
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_status View Post
Did anybody watch the SuperGT stream on Motorsports TV? I'm glad its free to watch but I have say the commentary from Sam Collins and gang are WAY better than what I was listening to yesterday, the guys sounds very uninformed, saying that JAF300 are Japanese GT3 cars? WTF? Please Motorsport TV hire Sam!!!
I didn't hear him say they were GT3 cars. I heard him say that GT3 should allow them to race overseas in those series'.

It was a good race. The tire life and wear of the different cars made for a great show. The beginning of the stint was the Wedsport, the middle of the stint was the Zent but more the Nismo, and then the end of the stint the Zent Cerumo gained. It was one of the best races I've seen this year up front. Thank goodness Super GT has a tire war because things like this are rarely seen.
Old 5 May 2019, 20:19 (Ref:3902072)   #323
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I didn't hear him say they were GT3 cars. I heard him say that GT3 should allow them to race overseas in those series'.
They also said that the Vantage GT2 cars were racing in the WEC in GTE-Am. I know the ACO are desperate for manufacturer involvement, but that's a bit much.

And they explained why qualifying laps are faster than racing laps, just in case you forgot that esoteric, highly-complex concept of something heavy being slower than something not heavy.

And they fumbled a significant fraction of the drivers' names (in the closing stages, the pair resorted to not mispronouncing Yuji Tachikawa's surname by stopping after Tachi- and re-reading the rest of his name out loud).

And they made numerous references (I counted six) to tyre warmers. In a series with no tyre warmers.

I understand that Sam Collins going off on one about red car/blue car and Hatsune Miku every race is grating, but anybody who preferred this "commentary" to that is beyond my understanding.

However it should improve; to be fair to Simon & Jake Hill, they were only brought in at short notice for this race. From Suzuka onwards it will be Tom Gaymor and Mark Cole on commentary.
Old 6 May 2019, 03:25 (Ref:3902127)   #324
S griffin
Veteran

Well I haven't heard many rumours about the Vantage being in WEC. Maybe they heard something they shouldn't of

Certainly seemed to state the obvious at times. And it is sometimes hard to pronounce names, commentators often do. At least they gave that a try

I think having English commentary is a good move. Maybe they should try out different ones and not put them in at short notice. We should continue with professional line ups in the comms box
Old 6 May 2019, 04:11 (Ref:3902140)   #325
MagVanisher
Veteran

Say, what about the English commentary from the official Super GT Youtube channel when they posted Round 1 (in 6 parts)?

Honestly, I think that the commentator needs a partner since there's some dead air throughout the race.