Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 17 May 2023, 11:43 (Ref:4156546)   #1076
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Arnarge is always good as the cars blast down towards the corner on full power then slam on the brakes, the brakes glow and the differenr ability of cars means plenty of dodgy moments when cars come close to running into the backs of others and minor incidents are common
Old 17 May 2023, 11:46 (Ref:4156548)   #1077
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You definitely have to get to Arnage - and particularly the bank at Indianapolis. There is something very special about being on that bank as the cars are released for a session and you can hear them approaching from a long way away. The same goes for Mulsanne Corner where, if the air is right, you can hear them rounding Tertre Rouge before heading onto the straight. Unfortunately these days, those wonderful moments tend to be spoiled by the jibber-jabber of the French commentator over the PA. I plan to be there during the race and on one of Wednesday or Thursday for the second session. Traffic permitting....

By the way, take a camping chair......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6z1LLNqLTM

Oh and here's the arrival of the cars on track for the first session on Test Day last year from the Auberge des Hunaudieres - sans jibber-jabber!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQG-cPREQX0

Last edited by Aysedasi; 17 May 2023 at 11:55.
Old 17 May 2023, 11:53 (Ref:4156550)   #1078
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominion View Post
The cars screaming past with headlights on full as you walk back to the exit of Mulsanne....
This. Just fabulous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is40xaFvr78
Old 17 May 2023, 11:59 (Ref:4156553)   #1079
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Worried for nothing. DHL bike courier delivered an A4 envelope with a rather large EXPO F sticker inside. Are the parking lots divided in parts A, B, C, etc.?

DHL guy arrived sooner than the thusfar non-existant reply to my mail!
Old 17 May 2023, 12:21 (Ref:4156557)   #1080
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No idea about how Expo works.... It's a decent sized area, so breaking it up into parts makes sense.
Old 17 May 2023, 15:34 (Ref:4156589)   #1081
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Les tickets de parking Expo sont arrivés ! Hurrah !
Aha! Text message just received saying I have something being delivered tomorrow from the ACO... Must be my confirmation that I've been chosen as official starter plus my invite to the Centenary banquet. Can't wait.....
Old 17 May 2023, 15:41 (Ref:4156590)   #1082
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Aha! Text message just received saying I have something being delivered tomorrow from the ACO... Must be my confirmation that I've been chosen as official starter plus my invite to the Centenary banquet. Can't wait.....
I got my thing today Ayse, hopefully see you there at some point, maybe the Centenary banquet..
Old 17 May 2023, 15:42 (Ref:4156591)   #1083
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, perhaps we can share a limo Ker....?

If you don't get to the Saturday meet, it would be good to at least have a quick drink and a natter some time.....
Old 17 May 2023, 15:46 (Ref:4156594)   #1084
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, perhaps we can share a limo Ker....?

If you don't get to the Saturday meet, it would be good to at least have a quick drink and a natter some time.....
Aiming for my traditional splash and dash at noon on Saturday!
Old 17 May 2023, 15:50 (Ref:4156597)   #1085
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Excellent. Ping me a whatsapp when you're on your way....
Old 18 May 2023, 09:51 (Ref:4156685)   #1086
rx555
Rookie

United States
St. Louis
rx555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm getting antsy already. Can't believe it's only a couple weeks away. Kinda surprised we haven't seen more special liveries for the race. I guess most will run their usual.
We leave next Friday for a week or so in northern Italy before the race.
If you see anyone around wearing 100 Acre Wood Rally gear, that'll be us. We are all organizers for it (it's one of the national rallies over here in the States).
Old 18 May 2023, 11:13 (Ref:4156689)   #1087
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx555 View Post
I'm getting antsy already. Can't believe it's only a couple weeks away. Kinda surprised we haven't seen more special liveries for the race. I guess most will run their usual.
We leave next Friday for a week or so in northern Italy before the race.
If you see anyone around wearing 100 Acre Wood Rally gear, that'll be us. We are all organizers for it (it's one of the national rallies over here in the States).
Well in the UK the 100 acre wood is wear winnie the pooh lives, not a rally stage.
If you can make it to the meet on saturday we will all see your tribute to a much loved bear
Old 18 May 2023, 11:52 (Ref:4156696)   #1088
rx555
Rookie

United States
St. Louis
rx555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was named after Pooh bear but we don't use him on shirts or anything so as not to get sued by Disney.
Old 18 May 2023, 11:54 (Ref:4156697)   #1089
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Local village market today. My freezer now contains a big chunk of smoked Stilton and a similar chunk of Cornish Yarg.
Old 18 May 2023, 11:56 (Ref:4156699)   #1090
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx555 View Post
It was named after Pooh bear but we don't use him on shirts or anything so as not to get sued by Disney.
/OT

Disney's likeness of Pooh is copyrighted still - but you could use the character without issue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnie...lood_and_Honey

'The characters' rights had been owned by The Walt Disney Company since 1966 and, while Disney retains exclusive rights to the depictions of these characters from their own franchise, the first Winnie-the-Pooh book went into the public domain in the US on 1 January 2022.'
Old 18 May 2023, 12:20 (Ref:4156705)   #1091
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
So, finaly secured two GE tickets( )from a couple that are unable to make it themselves.
Payed a very reasonable €260,- for the pair. To make sure, I e-mailed the ticketoffice the seller ordered from(Global-tickets in Hamburg, Germany), to verify wether they had indeed sold the man these tickets. I did the same with the ticket ID numbers to the ACO.
Both confirmed the authenticity of the tickets.

To those still in need of tickets: We are entering the brief period, in which tickets are sold from genuine folks who can't make it themselves and who're not inclined to try to make huge profits over the backs of ordinary visitors. So to all still hunting: now is the time!
Old 18 May 2023, 12:38 (Ref:4156708)   #1092
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yes a few weeks ago there were only people seeking tickets on the other forum, now plenty of sellers, and e bay has loads of tickets and camping and prices are falling from the ridiculous amounts they were going for.
Old 18 May 2023, 14:56 (Ref:4156728)   #1093
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
OK, I’m now puzzled. My DHL delivery has arrived and I am now the proud owner of windscreen stickers - for all of the tickets that I already had hard copies of. Nothing has been sent in respect of the tickets which I received as e-tickets? That doesn’t make much sense to me……
Old 18 May 2023, 15:41 (Ref:4156733)   #1094
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You expected it to make sense?
Old 18 May 2023, 15:52 (Ref:4156735)   #1095
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As I understood the emails, I was only going to get a windscreen sticker for the car park to smooth the flow (i.e. drive straight in) - but it was only ever a delay on first visit. Have printed off my other tickets as back up for tickets on phone.
Old 18 May 2023, 16:29 (Ref:4156740)   #1096
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's just seems the wrong way around. The tickets I already had will fit in the windscreen holders I already have. I had assumed that the stickers would either be for the e-tickets only - or all the tickets.

This year, your parking permit will be a sticker that you will receive by secured mail. You won’t need to exchange your E-ticket for a permit when you get to the circuit.

But it seems that I will....?
Old 18 May 2023, 17:01 (Ref:4156743)   #1097
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
How can they send a sticker by mail? The glue will come via carrier pigeon?
Old 18 May 2023, 17:53 (Ref:4156748)   #1098
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For the photographers out there

https://twitter.com/drewgibsonshots/...yfNLYuzSw&s=19
Old 19 May 2023, 11:42 (Ref:4156812)   #1099
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Flying out to Paris 2 weeks from tomorrow morning. Will be trackside at the Test Day too, if anyone is there and wants to meet up early.
Old 20 May 2023, 17:13 (Ref:4156995)   #1100
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Going back to James' post -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Interestingly, when logging in to your account to print your digital e-tickets, you're invited to fill in the name and DOB etc for the person you have allocated the ticket to, which apparently needs to match their ID (passport/driving licence/ID card I assume) in order for that person to gain entry, otherwise it appears to default to the account holder's name/details. It's all a bit confusing (or maybe it's just me ), because paper tickets sent by the ACO will not have a specific person assigned to individual tickets.
Going back to this, you may have seen a post elsewhere about needing an entry ticket for an old friend. Well, I've managed to source one from another old friend - on here But it's an e-ticket. Being a 'belt and braces' man, I'm trying to find out if general entry e-tickets do need to be transferred into the name of the person intending to use them. I'm actually guessing not as that could create issues for groups where all of the e-tickets were bought by the same person, but I can't actually get a definitive answer... Does anyone know for sure?

I've posed the question in various places, including an email to the ACO....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 20 May 2023 at 17:21.