Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Feb 2003, 12:33 (Ref:520356)   #1
spike
Rookie

spike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
holden doing it again

Just read about Holden on v8x sportal.Holden now own twra hrt kmart. Tega`s rules state that a manufacturer Holden or Ford CANNOT OWN a race team and race it as well.So it looks like Holden are going to cheat again.Like a lot of you have said before avesco and tega are on Holdens pay roll.So it looks like Fords get screwed again.When will all this be fare.
Old 28 Feb 2003, 13:26 (Ref:520404)   #2
Rhys_00
Racer

Rhys_00 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get over it. Ford need to win on the track not in the political bullsh!t. im sick of hearing this ford fan:'ford get screwed again', holden fan:'ford lose before they even begin'. What a crock. Nobody knows whos going to win. Last week you were all complaining that they drew on the resources of the TWR UK empire. TWR UK falls apart, Holden bails its racing team out, and now u complain that they will win because Holden owns them.
I don't know from my own experience if what u say about the tega rules is correct, but when the cars are out on the track what will it change? HRT can only go downhill from here, they are already on top.
The whole series has been turned on its head to stop HRT winning and people complaining about HRT winning (blueprint, new points system) and look, you are complaining about HRT winning before they have even raced yet.
Remember why you are interested in the v8 series, surely its not for who owns the teams.
Old 28 Feb 2003, 13:46 (Ref:520427)   #3
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeez Rhys, it's his first post here on 10-ths

Well it may be the case that Holden has broken the rules, but in this case, I can't see any performance benefit to HRT, and have no quarrel if AVESCO lets this ho through.
Old 28 Feb 2003, 23:59 (Ref:520974)   #4
Rhys_00
Racer

OK :-) its just been buildin up for a while. Sorry Spike, welcome to 10/10ths
Old 1 Mar 2003, 00:42 (Ref:521014)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting thing in the Courier Mail this morning about HRT et al not being able to run at the AGP...
Old 1 Mar 2003, 01:27 (Ref:521038)   #6
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually I disagree with your Rhys. Ford need to get much better at the politics.
Were Ford guys complaining the HRT drew on TWR resources?
I know I wasn't and I only hope Ford drew on Prodrive as much as they can.
Nothing wrong with Holden bailing a race team out neither.
The one thing they have to be aware of is the TEGA rules, if they buy a team and expect TEGA to bend the rules then the also have to expect TEGA won't bend the rules.
Blueprint was nothing to do with stopping HRT wins, it has everything to do with evening up mechanical parity which was cleary unbalanced in the AU/VT/VS era.
Spike also didn't say anything about HRT winning.
I don't agree that HRT are cheating though.

Interesting news Crash, whats the word?
Old 1 Mar 2003, 01:37 (Ref:521041)   #7
Joe5619
Veteran

Joe5619 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rhys_00 wrote: Remember why you are interested in the v8 series, surely its not for who owns the teams.

Joe5619

I can tell you one think Rhy_00, I'm not going to be interested in the sport for much longer if HRT keep winning. I'm interest in V8's (Motorsport), to watch good & fun racing, with DIFFERENT people winning. It may be all smiles if your a HRT fan, but think of the rest of us. I don't like turning the TV on & going to race meetings to see HRT wining every round. If we have a repeat of 2002 this year, just watch the whole series go down hill!!!!! That's what us ford fans are trying so hard to stop... You HRT fans only care that your winning & not the sport as a whole. So Mr Rhys_00 in conclusion, I'm a fan of V8's becscaue I want to see both ford & holden win & for more than 1 driver to win!!!!
Quote:
Rhys_00
Quote:
Rhys_00 Wrote: Remember why you are interested in the v8 series, surely its not for who owns the teams.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 01:42 (Ref:521044)   #8
V8 Fan
Racer

V8 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A very good story in today's Herald-Sun(Melb.) about Holden's buyout of TWRA. Holden say they don't want to own a race team but that it may take a year to organize this. They need TEGA to change the rules for this season. I call on the TEGA board to support the rules as they stand. If you can't play by the rules-DON'T PLAY. If the shoe was on the other foot, Crennan and his cronies would be screaming.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 03:16 (Ref:521087)   #9
Rhys_00
Racer

True Joe and I agree wholeheartedly. You want fair and even racing right? I am saying that if everyone complains and something silly happens to HRT like being banned or penalised or loss of points before the season starts, it won't be a fair championship will it? It seems like the 2 makes are on as even a battlefield as anybody should want when they are supposed to be 2 different types of car. I would like to see Ford win because they have done well, not because somebody wanted HRT to be disadvantaged because Holden bought it.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 03:17 (Ref:521089)   #10
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe5619
I'm not going to be interested in the sport for much longer if HRT keep winning.
I've said it before on these boards but nobody seems to get it. This one team domination seems to be the nature of motorsport and even other codes of sport. Ferrari dominate F1, Audi have dominated the ALMS, Peugot last year pretty much diminated the WRC. HRT are just the guys getting the job donw right here right now.

It's up to all the lesser teams to pull their finger out and get on with the job at hand, not just sit there crying about it's not fair because they don't get to win.

Here's an idea, why don't they have a chook raffle at the beginning of every V8 Supercar round to decide whos going to win, or set up a system where everybody gets a turn at winning every year - would that be better than having a real competition ?

If you think it's unfair that the people doing the best job get to win and reap the rewards of their hard work then maybe you shouldn't be following any sort of sport at all.

Maybe you could try the WWE.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 03:42 (Ref:521102)   #11
moffman
Veteran

moffman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Buckskot you people seem to forget when Ford was doing a good job they were on the receiving end of some harsh parity adjustments. We would not be having these arguments now if it was not so......HOW MANY TIMES MUST THIS BE POINTED OUT.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 03:50 (Ref:521106)   #12
Joe5619
Veteran

Joe5619 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I've said it before on these boards but nobody seems to get it. This one team domination seems to be the nature of motorsport and even other codes of sport. Ferrari dominate F1, Audi have dominated the ALMS, Peugot last year pretty much diminated the WRC. HRT are just the guys getting the job donw right here right now.

I'm not talking about a 1 (maybe even 2) year domination, that's fine. I'm talking about a 5-6 year domination. Peugot only dominated season 2002!!! (don't know much about ALMS, so I'll leave that alone) Glad you mention F1 & Ferrari ... Take a look at they TV ratings & crowd figures for 2002 & that will panit a picture for you!!!!
Old 1 Mar 2003, 05:08 (Ref:521128)   #13
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhys_00
I would like to see Ford win because they have done well, not because somebody wanted HRT to be disadvantaged because Holden bought it.
Well said and I agree 100% Rhys. Fair and square rules with reasonably equal parity (in this parity formula) and may the best driver/team win.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 05:13 (Ref:521129)   #14
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This strikesat the very heart ofthe sport in Australia. If you question your interest in the sport if the resluts don't change and/or are not to your liking, exactly why are you watching. In the end what does it really matter what the result is- we all watch because we like cars and want to see them being driven hard in a competition arena. The sport is to some degree cyclical anyway and moves with changing rules/specs, formats and teams/budgets. One day HRT won't be top of the pile for some reason, be it drivers, resources or budgets.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 1 Mar 2003, 05:16 (Ref:521132)   #15
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If people want different winners every week, follow the Lotto results!
Old 1 Mar 2003, 05:23 (Ref:521136)   #16
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If AVESCO's vision of the series continues then we may be drawing starting position from a barrel just to make it interesting.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 1 Mar 2003, 05:26 (Ref:521139)   #17
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhys_00
I would like to see Ford win because they have done well, not because somebody wanted HRT to be disadvantaged because Holden bought it.
Well said and I agree 100% Rhys. Fair and square rules with reasonably equal parity (in this parity formula) and may the best driver/team win.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 07:49 (Ref:521183)   #18
rocket
Racer

rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Buckshot

It's up to all the lesser teams to pull their finger out and get on with the job at hand, not just sit there crying about it's not fair because they don't get to win.

and look what they have done in F1 now. all the categories you mention are the pinnacle of their form of racing not a bunch of supposidely equal taxis

like moffman said if holden didnt whinge when they were getting their asses kicked we wouldnt have the situation were in now with parity. i always hear that ford should build a better car, why didnt holden do that in the past instead of carying on like a bunch of girls, its continually been a one way street with ford being f***** over, the only time they had any advantage was with the sierras
Old 1 Mar 2003, 10:19 (Ref:521238)   #19
White Knight

Quote:
im sick of hearing this ford fan:'ford get screwed again', holden fan:'ford lose before they even begin'. What a crock. Nobody knows whos going to win. Last week you were all complaining that they drew on the resources of the TWR UK empire. TWR UK falls apart, Holden bails its racing team out, and now u complain that they will win because Holden owns them.
TOO RIGHT!!!!!

We haven't seen a race this year and the Ford people are already going over the top. WHAT A BUNCH OF ******S.

It seems the blue oval team spent more time over the last couple of years taking each other out rather than trying to win races.

As I sit in the middle (in marque preference) and love V8 Supercars, all I see on this sight is a bunch of frustrated Ford wallys that are more worried about what Holden (HRT/teams) are doing rather than picking up their own act.

We should rename this forum the Ford Whingers Forum

Old 1 Mar 2003, 10:48 (Ref:521260)   #20
moffman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by White Knight
TOO RIGHT!!!!!

We haven't seen a race this year and the Ford people are already going over the top. WHAT A BUNCH OF ******S.

As I sit in the middle (in marque preference) and love V8 Supercars, all I see on this sight is a bunch of frustrated Ford wallys that are more worried about what Holden (HRT/teams) are doing rather than picking up their own act.

We should rename this forum the Ford Whingers Forum
White Knight go back & read my post The words are no that big & should be easily understood
Old 1 Mar 2003, 11:16 (Ref:521283)   #21
Scott75
Veteran

Scott75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All of you Ford supporters are missing the point on parity. You say that HRT are dominating, well fair enough they are, but when Ford was getting parity adjustments back in the mid 90's it wasn't just 1 Ford team, it was all of them dominating, DJR and GSR were the main ones so if you want parity adjustments give HRT a weight penalty to bring them back. Besides Kmart winning a couple of races no other Holden team looked like winning. Ambrose showed what Ford can do so I wouldn't suggest adjusting all the Holdens.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 11:21 (Ref:521288)   #22
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Absolutely, there is HRT and the rest, but it would take someone with serious balls to suceed with a system based on teams/drivers. The again, it seems to work well in the BTCC et al....
Old 1 Mar 2003, 11:57 (Ref:521327)   #23
moffman
Veteran

Jesus Scott where are you getting your facts from? Go back & have a look through the points & you will find that in '95 (when Ford received two adjustments) Brocky was running second before Oran Park. How much more even can you get?
Old 1 Mar 2003, 12:34 (Ref:521358)   #24
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mt veiw is that if HRT broke the rules they should be punished, all of this inter-manufaturer conspiricy is ****.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 13:16 (Ref:521380)   #25
spike
Rookie

spike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To rhys in am not a Ford fan I just want it to be fare not bending the rules.If ford owned FPR I would say the same thing.So play by the rules Holden.