Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 25 Jun 2020, 19:30 (Ref:3983841)   #1951
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Can someone explain to me about what I have seen on the news with thousands of people on Bournemouth beech but we are not allowed spectators at race meetings . Have I missed something .🙄
Old 25 Jun 2020, 19:40 (Ref:3983843)   #1952
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And bingo. You have the problem. Either you think there's a good reason to follow the rules or you think it's all rubbish and you go to the beach.
Old 25 Jun 2020, 20:09 (Ref:3983847)   #1953
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Can someone explain to me about what I have seen on the news with thousands of people on Bournemouth beech but we are not allowed spectators at race meetings . Have I missed something .🙄
Presumably they all went to the beach because it is not safe to send their children to school.

Wonder how many of them were teachers...?
Old 25 Jun 2020, 20:19 (Ref:3983849)   #1954
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Can someone explain to me about what I have seen on the news with thousands of people on Bournemouth beech but we are not allowed spectators at race meetings . Have I missed something .��
I'm exasperated beating a drum about it, absolutely absurd and when they all fall about in the boozers and make idiots of themselves at theme parks I'll be even more bl..dy irate! I can't understand why this has been allowed to happen without strong intervention from the governing bodies. Surely the likes of Sir David Richards has some clout?, obviously not.
Old 25 Jun 2020, 20:38 (Ref:3983852)   #1955
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Thousands of people can turn up at a beach - even if they weren't allowed to under current requirements.

Thousands of people could turn up at a race circuit - even if they aren't allowed to under current requirements.

The outcome would be the same.
Old 25 Jun 2020, 20:57 (Ref:3983858)   #1956
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Thousands of people can turn up at a beach - even if they weren't allowed to under current requirements.

Thousands of people could turn up at a race circuit - even if they aren't allowed to under current requirements.

The outcome would be the same.
Totally disagree. The beaches are public and as such are wholly accessible to all, race circuits are private property with secure perimeters and with the appropriate monitoring access can easily be limited.
Old 25 Jun 2020, 21:13 (Ref:3983860)   #1957
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Didn't you notice Sue and I waving to you in the middle of the crowd ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 25 Jun 2020, 21:20 (Ref:3983864)   #1958
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 25 Jun 2020, 23:33 (Ref:3983876)   #1959
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am going to get in early (its just after 9am Friday here, +9 hours on the UK) and wish our senior snapper "bauble" a very Happy 83rd Birthday.

Happy Birthday Bob, have a great day and wish you many more.
Thanks for all your photos and stuff through lockdown... kept us us all interested and helped cope with cabin fever in the live motor sport free world we have had.

Cheers
Chris.

Edit: It appears I might have jumped the gun.... Bob mentioned during the week that his birthday was on Friday.... hence this post. But after posting my wishes, noticed I was not seeing his name on the today's birthday section of the forum index page..... I checked his profile. It appears it is tomorrow.
Bauble seems to have forgotten what day of the week it is or ....
Have a good one whenever it is Bob!

Last edited by E.B; 25 Jun 2020 at 23:50.
Old 26 Jun 2020, 01:06 (Ref:3983889)   #1960
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
The droppping of the requirement for an annual medical for over 45s?
Still annual for International, and the others come back in at 60, albeit bi-annually. A small saving, I estimate between 0,2% and 2% of the annual racer's budget, for a very select bunch, nothing across-the-board.
Old 26 Jun 2020, 04:04 (Ref:3983902)   #1961
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Its six O'clock and I wake op just to say: Bon anniversaire, mon Ami Robert!
As suggested by Chris, you mentioned its today. What the heck? Faisons la fête pendant que nous sommes vivants.
Bisou ma grosse poule!
Old 26 Jun 2020, 04:10 (Ref:3983903)   #1962
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Happy Birthday Bob!

Thankls for keeping us amused with your humour - we certainly need it, especially these days!
Old 26 Jun 2020, 05:37 (Ref:3983915)   #1963
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bob if it's your birthday have a very happy one. If it's not, have a happy one when it is

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 26 Jun 2020, 06:44 (Ref:3983922)   #1964
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Baub! Judging from what I've just read you will be celebrating a birthday in the next day or two. If only I'd known earlier I could have got Burty Baker to bake you a cake. Instead, as a special treat, here are a few pictures (not taken by me, before you start) instead:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Donny-Danny-Dinosaur-1024x753.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	62422Click image for larger version

Name:	Jordans-Cake.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	62423Click image for larger version

Name:	Rozannas-Cake-1015x1024.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	62424
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stephs-Cake.png
Size:	729.2 KB
ID:	62425Click image for larger version

Name:	Sues-Birthday-Cake-1-1024x938.jpg
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	62426
Happy Birthday Baub
Old 26 Jun 2020, 07:16 (Ref:3983925)   #1965
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Baub! Judging from what I've just read you will be celebrating a birthday in the next day or two. If only I'd known earlier I could have got Burty Baker to bake you a cake. Instead, as a special treat, here are a few pictures (not taken by me, before you start) instead:
Attachment 62422Attachment 62423Attachment 62424
Attachment 62425Attachment 62426
Happy Birthday Baub
He'll just love that football one...
Old 26 Jun 2020, 09:39 (Ref:3983957)   #1966
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Still annual for International, and the others come back in at 60, albeit bi-annually. A small saving, I estimate between 0,2% and 2% of the annual racer's budget, for a very select bunch, nothing across-the-board.
David - one might argue that it's not even saving that much, when you factor in the increase in licence fees that accompanied the news of changes to the medical requirements.

I don't know about everyone else, but I always took advantage of the loophole that allowed us to span two years on one medical by timing the date of the medical appropriately. I also typically pay around £50 - £60 for my medical, so spread over two years, it's £25 - £30 a year. But even the basic 'interclub' licence has gone up by more than that, hence no saving whatsoever overall.
Old 26 Jun 2020, 09:42 (Ref:3983960)   #1967
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I saw you were both at Leysdown last night
Attached Thumbnails
InkedXUMSS6ZFQH616D9TB7C4_LI.jpg  
Old 26 Jun 2020, 10:06 (Ref:3983964)   #1968
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
He'll just love that football one...
I thought he'd like the dinosaur one too...
Old 26 Jun 2020, 10:38 (Ref:3983968)   #1969
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thank you gentlemen, and Viva, I did indeed get confused on the day no the date. I hope to make it through today and hit 83 tomorrow SATURDAY JUNE 27th.

Obviously I mis-spoke. (Well if it's good enough for an American President it should pass for me)

Viv, I am sure that Amazon Prime can get a cake delivered on time, anything but the soccer one will do. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20190803_145956.jpg  
Old 26 Jun 2020, 11:44 (Ref:3983978)   #1970
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Thank you gentlemen, and Viva, I did indeed get confused on the day no the date. I hope to make it through today and hit 83 tomorrow SATURDAY JUNE 27th.

Obviously I mis-spoke. (Well if it's good enough for an American President it should pass for me)

Viv, I am sure that Amazon Prime can get a cake delivered on time, anything but the soccer one will do. Thanks.
Nice to be singled out Baub, thank you! Delivery of the cake would not be an issue, the difficulty is getting Mrs Viv (aka 'The Pie Lady) to produce one of ner magnificent masterpieces in time.
Old 26 Jun 2020, 16:34 (Ref:3984040)   #1971
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I’ve been at Brands Hatch all day . Very very hot .Happy Birthday Bob . Thank you for all the photos and the banter . I hope you have a lovely evening .Just cycling home now so I shall pedal away singing “ Bauble Bob Bauble Bob .”. Happy days
Old 26 Jun 2020, 16:45 (Ref:3984046)   #1972
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Happy birthday Bob. Hope it was, is, will be, a good one.
Old 26 Jun 2020, 16:49 (Ref:3984048)   #1973
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Happy birthday Bob, always enjoy your picture thread. It’s also my niece’s birthday today
Old 26 Jun 2020, 17:16 (Ref:3984054)   #1974
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Alfa Romeo was 110 day before yesterday, so only a year or two older, Bob!!

Last edited by John Elwin; 26 Jun 2020 at 17:16. Reason: Correction
Old 26 Jun 2020, 18:52 (Ref:3984068)   #1975
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Felicitations Mr Bauble, I trust you will be painting Luton red tonight in your celebrations.
Closed Thread