Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 Oct 2019, 15:49 (Ref:3935213)   #676
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
Exactly, remember Shedden was at Autosport the January after his last season was over under contract with Honda still.
Not quite - he was at ASI but was not promoting Honda by then.

Old 17 Oct 2019, 16:08 (Ref:3935217)   #677
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://bcp.crwdcntrl.net/5/c=13030/...m-mulls-return

Possibility for a Maximum Motorsport return.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 17:26 (Ref:3935228)   #678
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

DB has already confirmed that they'd like AJ - but he needs to get more sponsorship. So BMW haven't committed to him (yet).
wasn't there the rumor that Uncle Dick doesn't like AJ that much for braking the internal rules ?

BTW interesting that they didn't even bother to clean Turks' car , still carries the dirt on it and that bump on the roof
Attached Thumbnails
Untitled.png  

Last edited by porsche962fan; 17 Oct 2019 at 17:32.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 18:03 (Ref:3935238)   #679
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
wasn't there the rumor that Uncle Dick doesn't like AJ that much for braking the internal rules ?
DB:

"Andrew would love to stay again next year despite losing Pirtek and we would love to keep him."
Old 17 Oct 2019, 18:19 (Ref:3935241)   #680
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I do hope that AJ will be back in the BTCC next year but before we get too excited about all of this don't rule out the possibility that all of this 'support' from BMW may be because he is still a BMW contracted driver/ambassador until the end of the year (not just up to the last race of the season).
This is true. Jack Goff had a BMW right up the end of 2016.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 18:23 (Ref:3935242)   #681
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
DB:

"Andrew would love to stay again next year despite losing Pirtek and we would love to keep him."
dunno, but have a feeling Collard will take his seat

that said would love to see the Cammish / Jordan feud continue
Old 17 Oct 2019, 20:03 (Ref:3935257)   #682
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post

BTW interesting that they didn't even bother to clean Turks' car , still carries the dirt on it and that bump on the roof
It's customary not to clean winning cars if they aren't going to be raced again.

...and this one's obviously going straight to Trevor's collection.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 20:16 (Ref:3935260)   #683
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
It's customary not to clean winning cars if they aren't going to be raced again.

...and this one's obviously going straight to Trevor's collection.
For Le Mans winners maybe. I expect the car will get used again next season and it will be a few years before in goes into the collection.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 20:27 (Ref:3935262)   #684
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
For Le Mans winners maybe. I expect the car will get used again next season and it will be a few years before in goes into the collection.
If a third driver doesn't bring the cash, they'll drop to a 2-car entry.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 23:11 (Ref:3935280)   #685
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
They're can't be enough family silverware left to pay for that! If the build figure I heard is true it's a serious amount of money: I reckon Colin will be driving that very car next year.

If this BMR staying is true, where is Bob getting his two TBLs from? And what cars can Warren afford? Could those old Vectras/Insignias (can't remember which) be set for a comeback, the shells were in a shed at the farm last I knew...
Old 18 Oct 2019, 07:29 (Ref:3935350)   #686
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
They're can't be enough family silverware left to pay for that! If the build figure I heard is true it's a serious amount of money: I reckon Colin will be driving that very car next year.
As I said, I expect it will be some years before the car is retired. The 2014 championship winner 1-series was from 2013 and continued to be used until 2018. It wasn't until the 3-series was built that both championship wining 1-series were sold.

Other than Turkington's 2018 1-series which was replaced by a different model, the only championship winning NGTC car not be used again was Sutton's Subaru.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 07:43 (Ref:3935355)   #687
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Other than Turkington's 2018 1-series which was replaced by a different model, the only championship winning NGTC car not be used again was Sutton's Subaru.
Team Dynamics can be blamed for that - how dare they build cars in 2012 that are still competitive 7 years later!!

In seriousness though, it does highlight one of the factors about NGTC builds that could driver less new models into the series.

On one side - a stable regulation that sees cars remaining competitive for many years reduces costs and broadens the range of possible success.
On the other hand - a stable regulation that sees cars remaining competitive for many years takes away the incentive to introduce new models.

How many times this season have people suggested that teams should take on the FK2 already?

In an ideal world (IMO), a title winning car should find it more difficult to win the following season, but should still give the driver a chance of success. However over time, there should be a noticeable decline in the performance of that car with age.

How to achieve this - I don't have the solution?
Old 18 Oct 2019, 08:05 (Ref:3935362)   #688
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Matt Neal was complaining about that a few weeks ago saying there should be rule breaks for new cars otherwise what was the point in building them.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 08:14 (Ref:3935365)   #689
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
Matt Neal was complaining about that a few weeks ago saying there should be rule breaks for new cars otherwise what was the point in building them.
With the top 5 in the championship going into Brands all in newly designed and built cars, surely that shows that they don't need any rule breaks?

Edit - Obviously the Hondas were a year old but you get my point
Old 18 Oct 2019, 08:37 (Ref:3935369)   #690
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
With the top 5 in the championship going into Brands all in newly designed and built cars, surely that shows that they don't need any rule breaks?

Edit - Obviously the Hondas were a year old but you get my point

Exactly, the cream always rises to the top. You have to keep developing in order to stay competitive
Old 18 Oct 2019, 08:40 (Ref:3935372)   #691
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Isn't that exactly the point ? Rather than have to build a new car every year as in the Supertouring days at £300,000 a go the current cars can go for ever if they are well maintained. I would have thought the more Championships the Turkington car can win the better for his Dads investment
Old 18 Oct 2019, 08:56 (Ref:3935376)   #692
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Someone might want to tell him a new car won the championship
Old 18 Oct 2019, 11:02 (Ref:3935396)   #693
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I do hope that AJ will be back in the BTCC next year but before we get too excited about all of this don't rule out the possibility that all of this 'support' from BMW may be because he is still a BMW contracted driver/ambassador until the end of the year (not just up to the last race of the season).
Seeing as how he tweeted a few days ago about his race car wondering how it would look in a different colour from the blue could be hinting that he will still be in the car next year with a new sponsor.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 11:12 (Ref:3935404)   #694
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Perhaps instead of moaning the teams should construct a car which has decent aerodynamic properties? I know they are limited to current available cars and that decreases further if you are works backed because you have to then choose a car within a certain manufacturer's stable. I think the notion of choosing a short, stubby hatchback and then relying on performance balancing in order to be quick isn't really the right way to go about things. One thing I wish TOCA would do is to re-allow full 3-door coupés back as an available car to run, providing it reaches the minimum length rules of course.

Car makers should be prioritizing designing low drag cars as a means of pursuing this modern eco-agenda anyway, (though it seems huge, heavy, aero draggy MPV's are actually what everyone wants).
Old 18 Oct 2019, 11:15 (Ref:3935405)   #695
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
S700UBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i dunno why but part of me thinks we may lose Simpson and possibly Morgan.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 11:38 (Ref:3935406)   #696
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S700UBO View Post
i dunno why but part of me thinks we may lose Simpson and possibly Morgan.
Morgan will return. I don't know why Simpson can be bothered anymore.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 11:55 (Ref:3935412)   #697
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Is it time for Ciceley to retire the A Class and go with something new? I'm a big fan but they've struggled this year
Old 18 Oct 2019, 12:17 (Ref:3935414)   #698
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Is it time for Ciceley to retire the A Class and go with something new? I'm a big fan but they've struggled this year
They did better after parting company with Hexagon and switching to other engineers.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 12:35 (Ref:3935417)   #699
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
no big loss to the series

wan't he one of the top safety car/ incident causer ?
Old 18 Oct 2019, 13:28 (Ref:3935425)   #700
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It was always going to be difficult going alone. Let’s not forget he won a race on merit last season