Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 30 Oct 2019, 10:31 (Ref:3937608)   #826
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
They are a rather weighty responsibilty after all...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Well you saw the size of the cheque TOCA gave Matt Neal....
Old 30 Oct 2019, 10:33 (Ref:3937609)   #827
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
everyone talks about Matt Neal winning in private Nissan but nearly as impressive and totally overlooked is Rob Gravett getting a 3rd place at Snetterton 1995 in a private Mondeo
Old 30 Oct 2019, 10:34 (Ref:3937610)   #828
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Collecting the TBLs? 😂
Along with a driver.....
Old 30 Oct 2019, 10:46 (Ref:3937611)   #829
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not that it means anything, but Wheatabix (re-) started an advertising campaign on commercial radio in the last week or so, with the emphasis on having 3 Wheatabixes for breakfast.
Old 30 Oct 2019, 10:46 (Ref:3937613)   #830
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Along with a driver.....
And some RWD subframes?
Old 30 Oct 2019, 11:01 (Ref:3937615)   #831
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
everyone talks about Matt Neal winning in private Nissan but nearly as impressive and totally overlooked is Rob Gravett getting a 3rd place at Snetterton 1995 in a private Mondeo
Not really a 2020 season talking point - but really?

Gravett's result in 1995 was impressive, but largely came about as a result of gambling on tyres when the front runners opted for wets. Of the drivers who took the top six positions at the end of the season, the best finisher amongst them that race was a 9th place Radisich.

Neal's win came about having qualified on pole, overtaking cars after his pit stop, and as part of a privateer package that went on to take 3 other podiums that season. A championship defining moment that changed the face of the BTCC forever.....

Probably best summed up by John Watson as 'complete automotive superiority'
Old 30 Oct 2019, 13:23 (Ref:3937638)   #832
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
Could be moving into the workshops
not when he has perfectly good workshops, parts collection methinks
Old 30 Oct 2019, 16:09 (Ref:3937668)   #833
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Team HARD are sticking with the VWs for another year... (confirmed on their Facebook page)
Old 30 Oct 2019, 17:31 (Ref:3937682)   #834
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Looks like Team HARD are sticking with the VWs for another year... (confirmed on their Facebook page)
Well that's a bit disappointing because I can't see them doing any better then. Hope to be proved wrong, just hoping Goff and Thompson end up elsewhere...
Old 30 Oct 2019, 17:36 (Ref:3937685)   #835
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they are the "entry level" BTCC team
Old 30 Oct 2019, 17:44 (Ref:3937687)   #836
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
On the subject of BMR, Companies House today posted update that all 3 charges against the company have now been satisfied.
Subaru UK - chassis 039-03
Liberty Leasing - chassis 039-01 and 039-02
Clydesdale Bank - everything else

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history
Old 31 Oct 2019, 00:02 (Ref:3937738)   #837
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah. Bobs money has paid the debts.

Not sure what Bob has acquired, but I expect it was a stash of equipment to help run 2 cars instead of just the 1, a stash of NGTC bits and a pair of TBLs.
Old 31 Oct 2019, 00:05 (Ref:3937739)   #838
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aland View Post
not when he has perfectly good workshops, parts collection methinks
The Moffats are definitely not moving their operation to Warrens farm.... that would be the mother of all commutes from bonny Scotland!
Old 31 Oct 2019, 06:49 (Ref:3937761)   #839
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
They neglected to confirm which series they will run them in though.

(Probably BTCC, but I guess they could be destined for TCT)
Old 31 Oct 2019, 08:49 (Ref:3937770)   #840
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
...unless 'av it 'as a sack of lolly, then I can't see #HARD affording new cars, not unless Tony is gonna charge a lot more per seat or has tickled up a huge sponsor.
Old 31 Oct 2019, 16:11 (Ref:3937815)   #841
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Yeah. Bobs money has paid the debts.

Not sure what Bob has acquired, but I expect it was a stash of equipment to help run 2 cars instead of just the 1, a stash of NGTC bits and a pair of TBLs.
anything purchased will be at rock bottom prices, bob is edinburgh and those guys are that tight they dont give their own pooh away... lovely guy bob but tough businessman
Old 31 Oct 2019, 20:31 (Ref:3937850)   #842
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chilton has shared a local newspaper interview on Instagram. Effectively says he was unhappy with the 'oldest car on the grid' and thinks the preseason testing in Spain was next to useless.

All in all, I'd say placing a bet on a Motorbase return might be rather foolish...

He does say he has several 'offers' but could be PR rubbish...

Old 31 Oct 2019, 20:46 (Ref:3937856)   #843
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oldest car on the grid? If I were him I'd be happy I'm not in Team HARD or Exclr8...
But maybe Chilton is hungry for WSR seat. That would make sense. He should have enough ££ to make it.
Old 31 Oct 2019, 21:02 (Ref:3937859)   #844
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Oldest car on the grid? If I were him I'd be happy I'm not in Team HARD or Exclr8...
But maybe Chilton is hungry for WSR seat. That would make sense. He should have enough ££ to make it.
I can definitely see Chilton taking Jordan's seat if he vacates.

It very much seems like he's cut ties with Motorbase anyhow, which also means they lose Gallagher on top of Shredded Wheat.....
Old 31 Oct 2019, 21:55 (Ref:3937871)   #845
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Oldest car on the grid? Not even close.

There were older cars that won races this year.
Old 31 Oct 2019, 21:57 (Ref:3937872)   #846
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Noticeably the article makes no reference to Motorbase by name.

Old 31 Oct 2019, 22:03 (Ref:3937874)   #847
Jay87
Rookie

Jay87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
I can definitely see Chilton taking Jordan's seat if he vacates.

It very much seems like he's cut ties with Motorbase anyhow, which also means they lose Gallagher on top of Shredded Wheat.....
If jordan does stay there doesn't seem to be many options for Chilton which would be a shame with already potentially losing sutton another top driver
Old 31 Oct 2019, 22:18 (Ref:3937876)   #848
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Oldest car on the grid? Not even close.

There were older cars that won races this year.
Exactly, obviously he wasn't quite as high the championship standings (which I guess is the whole point) but I never thought the RS was an uncompetitive car this season.

Sadly, I feel like Motorbase will be running a couple pay drivers next year, if indeed they find the sponsorship at all. Far cry from 2 1/2 years ago when they had a lineup of Mat Jackson, Chilton and Tordoff at one point.

Maybe Stewart Lines who is looking to run a team in the BTCC again will be knocking on their door with potential Maximum branding...
Old 31 Oct 2019, 23:02 (Ref:3937881)   #849
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Sadly, I feel like Motorbase will be running a couple pay drivers next year, if indeed they find the sponsorship at all. Far cry from 2 1/2 years ago when they had a lineup of Mat Jackson, Chilton and Tordoff at one point.
Lol. Really. Don’t you think those three paid then? Some mega-budgets there!
Old 1 Nov 2019, 03:18 (Ref:3937904)   #850
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see the BARC/TOCA have forgotten to renew their web hosting deal. Not the most professional of looks!