Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Feb 2021, 16:43 (Ref:4033278)   #1
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2021 Season Launch/Pre-Season Testing

the known dates so far:

Mclaren MCL35M - Feb 15 at Woking
Alfa Romeo C41 - Feb 22 in Warsaw Poland
Mercedes W12 E Performance- Mar 2 Online

Pre-season testing dates:
March 12-14 in Bahrain

hoping i have the car names right...

given the carry over of the rules, Mclaren's upgraded car is now called the MCL35M.

Alfa used the C39 designation for their 2020 entry but this year they are jumping to C41 despite it also being an upgraded car.

Merc is dropping the 'Q' from last years W11 EQ Performance nomenclature now just the W12 E Performance.
Old 3 Feb 2021, 16:45 (Ref:4033280)   #2
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for kicking off this thread.

Richard
Old 3 Feb 2021, 16:57 (Ref:4033283)   #3
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dates TBC, but some details for others:

Aston Martin - March - Gaydon, UK
Ferrari (SF21) - Barcelona, Spain
Alpine (A521) - February
AlphaTauri (AT02) - Salsburg, Austria
Haas (VF21) -
Red Bull (RB16B) -
Williams (FW44) -
Old 3 Feb 2021, 17:22 (Ref:4033289)   #4
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Dates TBC, but some details for others:

Aston Martin - March - Gaydon, UK
Ferrari (SF21) - Barcelona, Spain
Alpine (A521) - February
AlphaTauri (AT02) - Salsburg, Austria
Haas (VF21) -
Red Bull (RB16B) -
Williams (FW44) -
Alfa Romeo are launching their C41 at an event in Warsaw on Monday February 22nd.
Old 3 Feb 2021, 17:38 (Ref:4033293)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Look forward to the Alfa launch. Antonio will be one who will be a kept close eye on this year, regardless of what Kimi does
Old 4 Feb 2021, 15:18 (Ref:4033462)   #6
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alpha Tauri AT02 - Feb 19 Online
Old 8 Feb 2021, 16:05 (Ref:4034117)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Williams F43B - Mar 5 Online
Old 15 Feb 2021, 16:37 (Ref:4035269)   #8
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
McLaren tonight, live on SkyF1 if you are in the UK
Old 15 Feb 2021, 19:04 (Ref:4035305)   #9
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
McLaren tonight, live on SkyF1 if you are in the UK
Also live on the official Formula 1 Youtube channel
Old 15 Feb 2021, 19:14 (Ref:4035308)   #10
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Ferrari SF21 - Feb 26 team launch and Mar 10 car launch
Williams F43B - Mar 5 Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Also live on the official Formula 1 Youtube channel
nice...thanks for that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CzwriLVhGI
Old 15 Feb 2021, 20:15 (Ref:4035321)   #11
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Notably different are the nose, airbox, engine cover and rear wing endplates.
Old 15 Feb 2021, 20:24 (Ref:4035323)   #12
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It looks very nice.
Old 15 Feb 2021, 20:48 (Ref:4035326)   #13
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Notably different are the nose, airbox, engine cover and rear wing endplates.
basically needed to go back to Merc to get that size zero slimmer look. Ron will be happy!
Old 15 Feb 2021, 20:51 (Ref:4035327)   #14
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Not exactly a lot of Merc branding on there. And still rather light of proper sponsors.
Old 15 Feb 2021, 22:14 (Ref:4035341)   #15
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Not exactly a lot of Merc branding on there. And still rather light of proper sponsors.

I will come back again tomorrow to respond further, but the fact that they are displaying Coca Cola would seem to rather negate your comment.
Old 15 Feb 2021, 22:31 (Ref:4035343)   #16
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Surely more sponsor logos will appear or feature differently once the ciggy/better tomorrow logos are removed for the actual race livery?
Old 16 Feb 2021, 00:07 (Ref:4035355)   #17
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I will come back again tomorrow to respond further, but the fact that they are displaying Coca Cola would seem to rather negate your comment.
I didn’t say no sponsors, just rather light. Coke isn’t a new deal for them.
Old 16 Feb 2021, 02:05 (Ref:4035359)   #18
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Coke logo is small and not in corporate colours.
Might be just free vending machines and all the coke you can drink for the factory and on circuit crew
Old 16 Feb 2021, 06:13 (Ref:4035368)   #19
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
basically needed to go back to Merc to get that size zero slimmer look. Ron will be happy!
It looks quite lovely from the side behind the cockpit - two neat, straight lines along the top and an uncluttered sidepod.
Old 16 Feb 2021, 06:17 (Ref:4035369)   #20
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Coke logo is small and not in corporate colours.
Might be just free vending machines and all the coke you can drink for the factory and on circuit crew
Exactly.
Old 16 Feb 2021, 06:26 (Ref:4035371)   #21
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
It's a customer deal with no marketing deal, like Racing Point's was, hence no logos.
Old 16 Feb 2021, 08:20 (Ref:4035378)   #22
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Are major lead sponsers a thing of the past?
Old 16 Feb 2021, 09:20 (Ref:4035385)   #23
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quite possibly. Late last year, MSP Sports Capital bought a 15% stake in McLaren, which will rise to 33% next year. The consortium is made up of a hedge firm subsidiary and a private investment firm. This type of arrangement could be more common than just one big commercial sponsor.

In McLaren's case, of course, it has a division (McLaren Automotive) which is very profitable.

Teams desire more secure long-term arrangements than a title sponsor which is at the whim of capricious economic shifts and sudden decisions by commercial board members.
Old 16 Feb 2021, 11:23 (Ref:4035403)   #24
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
There are still enough sponsors. McLaren do look good with their livery though. Nice orange and Blue, with plenty of good signage on it. Hopefully they can do enough on the track to be up there. I'm sure they will, quite a few podiums will come their way I am sure

Hopefully the team can keep stability in terms of it's higher up staff, but it's good to have extra money coming in for now. Hopefully it will be enough to get the results they need on the track. Teams need extra funding in this current climate
Old 16 Feb 2021, 11:32 (Ref:4035408)   #25
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Vacuous speculation time commences. I'll take part anyway. McLaren are going to win this year. They've been on the up and up and with Ricciardo bringing a little of bounce, they'll have a spring in their step. He will pull off a win, probably with some super on-the-edge move.

Bring on the other launches.