Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

View Poll Results: The GOAT - Semi Final - Hamilton vs Prost
Hamilton 17 70.83%
Prost 7 29.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20 Mar 2021, 16:33 (Ref:4041745)   #26
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Well you know French, when it comes to talk about "la baguette de pain", they become serious…
Old 20 Mar 2021, 16:40 (Ref:4041746)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Well you know French, when it comes to talk about "la baguette de pain", they become serious…
Understandably so!
Old 21 Mar 2021, 16:41 (Ref:4042091)   #28
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Vettel refrained from comparing the car to a truck though and made it to the final race
The truck comment was just an excuse for Ferrari to fire him and wasn't what it seemed. It was all due to political turmoil within Ferrari at the time

Back in 2013 Autosport did a story about his sacking and this is what Prost actually said in context

"After only a few laps, Alain reported, the shock absorbers gave up completely and the steering was ridiculously heavy," wrote Nigel Roebuck.

Then came the killer quote...

"It was like a horrible truck to drive," said Prost. "No pleasure at all."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/th...02717/5102717/

So he never actually called the car a truck, just that due to handling problems it was like driving one
Old 21 Mar 2021, 18:34 (Ref:4042106)   #29
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Didnt he refer to a pig, too? May be it was lunch time, thinking about a sandwich jambon baguette… with cheese! Or a ham burger? For sure he was not talking about the car, we all know a Ferrari is red and a pig is… pink!

Anyway, pig or goat, he wont be. Ta!
Old 22 Mar 2021, 03:35 (Ref:4042154)   #30
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
The truck comment was just an excuse for Ferrari to fire him and wasn't what it seemed. It was all due to political turmoil within Ferrari at the time

Back in 2013 Autosport did a story about his sacking and this is what Prost actually said in context

"After only a few laps, Alain reported, the shock absorbers gave up completely and the steering was ridiculously heavy," wrote Nigel Roebuck.

Then came the killer quote...

"It was like a horrible truck to drive," said Prost. "No pleasure at all."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/th...02717/5102717/

So he never actually called the car a truck, just that due to handling problems it was like driving one
I know BTW. As did everyone else, even from the first moment. Obviously he didn’t actual say it was literally a truck.

And I wrote that rather low level comment in the context that everyone looking at this thread would know too.
Old 22 Mar 2021, 22:34 (Ref:4042318)   #31
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is one of the easier ones. Has to be Hamilton.
Old 23 Mar 2021, 13:44 (Ref:4042438)   #32
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
This is one of the easier ones. Has to be Hamilton.
Heart or head, when you have Ham vs Prost knowing it cant be Prost and has to be Hamilton, not soooo difficult…
Old 23 Mar 2021, 23:06 (Ref:4042581)   #33
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought Hamilton and would have voted that, but I am going to admit that I voted for Prost just so it was closer for him I would not have done this if there was any doubt.
Old 24 Mar 2021, 07:01 (Ref:4042612)   #34
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I thought Hamilton and would have voted that, but I am going to admit that I voted for Prost just so it was closer for him I would not have done this if there was any doubt.
That’s how Jeremy Corbyn ended up as leader of Labour .
Old 24 Mar 2021, 11:42 (Ref:4042651)   #35
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I considered that!