Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who gets your vote this time?
Max Verstappen 4 7.27%
Lewis Hamilton 17 30.91%
Valtteri Bottas 1 1.82%
Charles Leclerc 2 3.64%
Pierre Gasly 0 0%
Daniel Ricciardo 0 0%
Lando Norris 9 16.36%
Carlos Sainz 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 0 0%
Lance Stroll 0 0%
Sergio Pérez 15 27.27%
Antonio Giovinazzi 0 0%
Yuki Tsunoda 7 12.73%
Kimi Räikkönen 0 0%
George Russell 0 0%
Esteban Ocon 0 0%
Nicholas Latifi 0 0%
Mick Schumacher 0 0%
Nikita Mazepin 0 0%
Sebastian Vettel 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Mar 2021, 08:39 (Ref:4043667)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As my habit is to vote for who I thought did the best job in the race (not the entire event), I vote for Perez. He was dead and buried on the warm-up lap but had the cool presence of mind to control-alt-delete the car and get into the race well behind. He drove a superb race and would probably have been in the mix for a podium place otherwise. I was pleased to see it. I genuinely think that if the RBR car is as good as it looks to be this season, it will be Checo that will give them the chance of ending the Merc monopoly in the WCC.

Worthy mentions - Lewis of course, superb drive. Max, great stuff but RBR were soundly beaten on strategy. Norris - a great season opener and hopefully a sign that those who think Ricciardo will walk all over him are wrong.

Bottom of the pile - tempting to say Mazepin, but his teammate spun as well and to be honest, he was roundly outclassed in the dreadfulness department by Vettel who showed exactly why he should have retired at the end of last season,. Sad to see.

The real booby-prize of the weekend though goes to the seriously challenged person who decided that the track limits should be different in the race than they were in qualifying - and then changed his mind.... just plain dumb.
Old 29 Mar 2021, 08:54 (Ref:4043671)   #27
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Checo. What a recovery, shame he had to make that extra pitstop, he was looking odds on for fourth. Just imagine what he could have done had he started from his actual grid position
Old 29 Mar 2021, 09:01 (Ref:4043673)   #28
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I genuinely think that if the RBR car is as good as it looks to be this season, it will be Checo that will give them the chance of ending the Merc monopoly in the WCC.
Brave call!
Old 29 Mar 2021, 09:35 (Ref:4043684)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Brave call!
Not really. I meant it from the point of view that Max can't net RBR the WCC on his own. Previous teammates to Max (Daniel excepted) have been really inconsistent and the thing that Checo brings is the possibility of consistent high scoring finishes. He doesn't make many mistakes, is a great tyre saver and is no slouch. I expect to see him on the podium on a number of occasions this season once he's fully got to grips with the car.
Old 29 Mar 2021, 10:16 (Ref:4043687)   #30
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I read it as WDC.
Old 29 Mar 2021, 11:34 (Ref:4043696)   #31
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Not really. I meant it from the point of view that Max can't net RBR the WCC on his own. Previous teammates to Max (Daniel excepted) have been really inconsistent and the thing that Checo brings is the possibility of consistent high scoring finishes. He doesn't make many mistakes, is a great tyre saver and is no slouch. I expect to see him on the podium on a number of occasions this season once he's fully got to grips with the car.

Indeed. Max’s best team mate since the Honey Badger. With the qualities you mention, he is the perfect backup to Max
Old 29 Mar 2021, 11:53 (Ref:4043699)   #32
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For me, Tsunoda for a promising drive and that overtaking move on Stroll on the final lap.
Old 29 Mar 2021, 12:18 (Ref:4043703)   #33
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For me it was either Lando or Checo.... by a short head I gave it to Checo.
Old 29 Mar 2021, 12:40 (Ref:4043707)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I read it as WDC.
One can dream, I guess......
Old 29 Mar 2021, 14:29 (Ref:4043721)   #35
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the cool headed drive by Perez shows that this is the kind of driver RB have needed for some years now. Drive of the day for me, and I don't even like the guy.

Happy to see Lando do well and the team in orange placed the flag at third. This is the fight I'm all pumped up about.
Old 29 Mar 2021, 14:40 (Ref:4043723)   #36
S griffin
Veteran

Driver of the Grand Prix: Bahrain Grand Prix 2021

I wonder how Aston Martin are feeling now. I said last year that replacing Perez with Vettel was a risk and based on both drivers respective performances you have to say that my fears have so far been justified. In fact, I felt even Vettel replacing Stroll would have been a risk and that theory isn’t looking much wrong atm...
Old 29 Mar 2021, 14:48 (Ref:4043725)   #37
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I wonder how Aston Martin are feeling now. I said last year that replacing Perez with Vettel was a risk and based on both drivers respective performances you have to say that my fears have so far been justified. In fact, I felt even Vettel replacing Stroll would have been a risk and that theory isn’t looking much wrong atm...

We have only had one race out of 23.
Old 29 Mar 2021, 14:56 (Ref:4043727)   #38
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
But Seb 'Seb' Vettel is a world champion. Forget the results and feel the validation of having the guy on the team.
Old 29 Mar 2021, 15:12 (Ref:4043733)   #39
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
We have only had one race out of 23.

I know, but it’s not like Vettel’s performance is anything new...
Old 29 Mar 2021, 15:39 (Ref:4043740)   #40
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I know, but it’s not like Vettel’s performance is anything new...

Let's see what the future holds
Old 29 Mar 2021, 16:00 (Ref:4043744)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Let's see what the future holds
As people say all too regularly, the only way is up......
Old 29 Mar 2021, 16:06 (Ref:4043749)   #42
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
As people say all too regularly, the only way is up......

It was for Vettel in Bahrain, considering he was put to the back of the grid....
Old 29 Mar 2021, 16:20 (Ref:4043752)   #43
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It was for Vettel in Bahrain, considering he was put to the back of the grid....
He put himself most of the way their himself by going out in Q1. His self inflicted penalty was just the icing on the cake.... as his much derided team mate cruised into Q3.

As has been said, the only way is up from where he is.
Old 29 Mar 2021, 16:43 (Ref:4043754)   #44
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
I just realised I hadn't voted, so on reflection I've decided to vote for Lando Norris.
Old 29 Mar 2021, 20:18 (Ref:4043806)   #45
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will abstain from voting this time around. With the goings on in the world south of my border, I have lost faith in the voting system .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 29 Mar 2021, 20:23 (Ref:4043808)   #46
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
I will abstain from voting this time around. With the goings on in the world south of my border, I have lost faith in the voting system .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
you were clearly busy not voting for yourself!

Old 29 Mar 2021, 20:50 (Ref:4043811)   #47
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
having a world champion is a great deal for PR and to get some quick "prestige" for a brand like AMR. Once said that, after 2018 season I think some areas of vettel brain simply switched off and still didn't turn on since then
Old 29 Mar 2021, 22:07 (Ref:4043821)   #48
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Yes, but the signing was nothing to do with on track performance, so I’m sure they’re quite happy with him.
Old 29 Mar 2021, 22:36 (Ref:4043826)   #49
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Yes, but the signing was nothing to do with on track performance, so I’m sure they’re quite happy with him.
It would be impossible to say it was based on performance!
Old 30 Mar 2021, 09:38 (Ref:4043880)   #50
S griffin
Veteran

Well Otmar did say Vettel could find his mojo again. He still has some way to finding it though