Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Oct 2018, 20:18 (Ref:3857360)   #626
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Alexander Rossi I think deserves another chance, he’s already proved capable
Old 17 Oct 2018, 20:46 (Ref:3857373)   #627
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Alexander Rossi I think deserves another chance, he’s already proved capable
I'd agree with that but he hasn't won the IndyCar Driver's Championship and I'm sure he'd like to win a second Indy 500.
Old 18 Oct 2018, 00:32 (Ref:3857413)   #628
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
Were I to be a driver of the calibre to be considered for F1 and looking for a series to race in,the only series I would look at is Super Formula.The drivers at Bathurst might have fun,but its so far off the radar for all but Zak Brown that you will render yourself invisible.

Indycar might have good racing in it's vacuum,but in the current silly season has anybody talked of Will Stephens,Max Chilton or Alex Rossi filling a vacant seat?They are known in the F1 world and not sought while Scott Dixon is a winner with no obvious place to go.
Will Stephens has not been involved in Indycar, and has a most unconvincing record, so not an F1 candidate.

Rossi has been most unconvincing until this year, he seems to have matured into a decent driver, so could be a good example worth consideration, but I don't think he meets the super licence requirements.

Scott Dixon, why would he want to do F1 unless he was offered RBR, Ferrari or Mercedes seat, with Mercedes being the only real possibility of winning a race if there are 2 top drivers in place within the team? Who would pay him $12 million a year for his services in F1?

Alonso shows how worthless most of the seats in F1 are, he is arguably the best driver in F1, he is well paid and faces nothing but frustration in F1.

Indycar surely has to be the most competitive single seat formula currently?

I think the reluctance of many of our precious future stars to join other formulas is that they are not as talented as we believe they are and may get found out. Difficult choices for somebody like Ocon, who is probably just a victim of circumstance and an unbelievably stupid decision by Toto if he was looking for talent.
Old 18 Oct 2018, 15:39 (Ref:3857570)   #629
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
It's impossible to win a championship in IndyCar if you don't drive for Ganassi or Penske. Only one exception to that in the last 10 years and it was Andretti.
Old 18 Oct 2018, 17:23 (Ref:3857591)   #630
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
one more chair officially taken as RPFI have now confirmed Perez for 2019.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...-2019/3197123/
Old 18 Oct 2018, 18:11 (Ref:3857601)   #631
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
one more chair officially taken as RPFI have now confirmed Perez for 2019.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...-2019/3197123/
I wonder who will be confirmed as his teamate.....
Old 18 Oct 2018, 20:36 (Ref:3857632)   #632
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
That is a "money" decision for Perez...nothing else.
Old 19 Oct 2018, 00:29 (Ref:3857647)   #633
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wonder how Lawrence Stroll will take it when Perez crashes his son out of several races.
Old 19 Oct 2018, 08:44 (Ref:3857699)   #634
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Another seat confirmed. Now it seems Williams are working hard to get Ocon for next season
Old 25 Oct 2018, 18:29 (Ref:3859148)   #635
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well Rich Energy has gotten in to F1 finally, sadly it's with Haas and and new livery is in order. Hopefully without driver changes driven by the owner of that "energy drinks" company

Old 25 Oct 2018, 19:01 (Ref:3859154)   #636
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I immediately thought of that ZZ Top beard and that somehow featuring into the livery. Maybe along the lines of the fictional “Stroker Ace” and his chicken suit that he wore for his sponsor “Chicken Pit”, the Haas drivers will have to wear costume beards while doing press interviews.

Just like the pink Force India car... you pay the bills, you get to pick the car color!

Richard
Old 25 Oct 2018, 19:05 (Ref:3859157)   #637
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Never heard of this company.
Old 25 Oct 2018, 22:10 (Ref:3859197)   #638
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I immediately thought of that ZZ Top beard and that somehow featuring into the livery. Maybe along the lines of the fictional “Stroker Ace” and his chicken suit that he wore for his sponsor “Chicken Pit”, the Haas drivers will have to wear costume beards while doing press interviews.

Just like the pink Force India car... you pay the bills, you get to pick the car color!

Richard
You sir are a genius and if they do that I'll follow them again. If it's a knock-off JPS AND an energy drink company that seems to make everyone wonder then I'm out, sucks cause I liked the team but I wonder about a company selling £250 2 pack of energy drink with gold leaf vodka in a collector's wooden box
Old 25 Oct 2018, 23:47 (Ref:3859203)   #639
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Until the name popped up recently around the potential purchase of Force India, I also had never heard of them. Even when I search for mention of them online, they remain an obscure brand. There is next to zero mention of them anywhere outside of recent F1 news.

And to the point above... gift boxes with gold leaf vodka? Even if you are positioning yourself as an exclusive brand, it has to be a niche market. Things like high end watches, cars, boats, etc. are expensive enough (and with associated high margin), that low volume sales are not an issue. But can you really make money on low volume, pricey, but not crazy expensive soft drinks? Frankly... I will be shocked if they are still around in a handful of years.

But, I guess go big or go home. The owner is shooting for the stars.

Richard
Old 25 Oct 2018, 23:58 (Ref:3859205)   #640
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Until the name popped up recently around the potential purchase of Force India, I also had never heard of them. Even when I search for mention of them online, they remain an obscure brand. There is next to zero mention of them anywhere outside of recent F1 news.

And to the point above... gift boxes with gold leaf vodka? Even if you are positioning yourself as an exclusive brand, it has to be a niche market. Things like high end watches, cars, boats, etc. are expensive enough (and with associated high margin), that low volume sales are not an issue. But can you really make money on low volume, pricey, but not crazy expensive soft drinks? Frankly... I will be shocked if they are still around in a handful of years.

But, I guess go big or go home. The owner is shooting for the stars.

Richard
Pump... and... dump...

Create the aura around the brand with a connection to a (sorta) successful racing team. The brand gets known. The bankers in the paddock create a connection. A new owner emerges. Profits for everyone...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 30 Oct 2018, 13:06 (Ref:3859949)   #641
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ericsson to IndyCar:

https://www.indycar.com/News/2018/10...erson-for-2019
Old 30 Oct 2018, 17:46 (Ref:3859994)   #642
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Interesting that he's gone to SPM, rather than Carlin who he briefly drove for in 2008 at Macau.
Old 9 Nov 2018, 07:39 (Ref:3861925)   #643
NSX_LeMans
Racer

NSX_LeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fred Sabino from Globoesporte says Pietro Fittipaldi will be Haas F1 test and R&D driver. Pietro is set to do a test drive at Abu Dhabi after the 2018 season finale.

https://globoesporte.globo.com/motor...lvimento.ghtml
Old 21 Nov 2018, 09:49 (Ref:3864687)   #644
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's the Williams line-up sorted, and all but confirmed, not that there any real doubt that Lance is driving for team Daddy.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...iams-race-deal
Old 21 Nov 2018, 12:49 (Ref:3864731)   #645
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERSTEER View Post
That's the Williams line-up sorted, and all but confirmed, not that there any real doubt that Lance is driving for team Daddy.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...iams-race-deal
Let the experiment begin. Congratulations to Kubica for making it happen. I hope it works out for him and the team.

Richard
Old 21 Nov 2018, 13:01 (Ref:3864737)   #646
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mark Hughes of Motor Sport is saying now fully confirmed.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/n...eback-williams
Old 21 Nov 2018, 13:59 (Ref:3864746)   #647
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congrats to Kubica! Great to have him back.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 14:34 (Ref:3864754)   #648
S griffin
Veteran

Well it's good to have him back, but let's not got too excited till we see him actually racing. It's a massive shame for Ocon though. Hope he's back though
Old 21 Nov 2018, 15:09 (Ref:3864757)   #649
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
To think he had that accident, in which he nearly lost his right arm, back in February 2011. Best of luck.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 15:57 (Ref:3864779)   #650
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well it's good to have him back, but let's not got too excited till we see him actually racing. It's a massive shame for Ocon though. Hope he's back though
mixed feelings on this one myself.

Happy for RK to have this chance to prove himself again but flip side is that Ocon now looks to be without a place to land.

probably connecting dots that shouldn't be connected, ...but cant help but think things would have been different for him had he managed to pull off a cleaner move/found a way to avoid a reckless Max in Brazil.