Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Oct 2009, 11:26 (Ref:2561873)   #1
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
HSCC Finals, Silverstone - 17th Oct, 2009

Now then.

I was just looking to see what motorsport I could entertain myself with this weekend, and saw a listing for an HSCC meeting on Saturday 17th at Silverstone.

It's listed on the HSCC site but not on the Silverstone site.

Anyone know if this event is taking place and if spectators may attend?
Old 15 Oct 2009, 11:44 (Ref:2561888)   #2
simonb87
Rookie

England
Stevenage
simonb87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes - it is the HSCC season finale and there are good entries in all the races. Check out the HSCC site www.hscc.org.uk for the full details. Should be a great meeting to round off the season.

Cheers - Simon
Old 15 Oct 2009, 11:47 (Ref:2561891)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm hoping to be there.
Old 15 Oct 2009, 12:07 (Ref:2561901)   #4
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks, Chaps.
Old 15 Oct 2009, 22:41 (Ref:2562324)   #5
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
FastDB2s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
I'm hoping to be there.
Perhaps see you there then John - Andy is in the HRS race in 8 EMU late in the afternoon - no55
Old 16 Oct 2009, 06:11 (Ref:2562492)   #6
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
John hope to see you there I will be supporting Ben Adams in the Turner I co own with his dad. At just 16 he had his first race at the BDC meeting in August. As an old hand of 17 this will be his 2nd and 3rd race (HRS and Guards)! Somewhat ironically his road car has L plates - he will lose them before his cross!
Old 16 Oct 2009, 09:32 (Ref:2562589)   #7
Finn
Racer

Finn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
heading over this afternoon to get sorted.

Good line up for tomorrow, looking forward to it, just hope it's not too cold!
Old 17 Oct 2009, 19:16 (Ref:2563334)   #8
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, what an excellent meeting to finish off the HSCC season. Some good racing, excellent cars, good humour and all run and organised beautifully. But it was a bit cold in the afternoon, wasn't it, Finn?

Usual pics etc eventually.
Old 17 Oct 2009, 19:46 (Ref:2563345)   #9
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I fully agree - an excellent meeting with close racing, played out before deserted grandstands...

The lack of serious incidents obviously helped, but the whole thing was very slickly run.

It was a bit nippy, but I'd trade cold and dry for cold and wet any day
Old 18 Oct 2009, 07:52 (Ref:2563536)   #10
DriversKnow
Racer

European Union
Staffordshire
DriversKnow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This was my second HSCC event (Fiat 128 in 70s Roadsports) after many years racing in contemporary championships and I'm very impressed.

The club seems to put competitor interests first, the driving standards are excellent and the meetings are slickly run. Thanks HSCC!
Old 18 Oct 2009, 10:33 (Ref:2563583)   #11
Muttley61
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bexley, Kent.
Muttley61 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More of this please

[B]BRILLIANT[/B]
An excellent end to an excellent seasons racing.
Absolutely nothing but hard fought racing the way it should be contested!
I was driving my orange Anglia 105E (with incidents I hasten to add) but a well organised, smoothly run meeting with exciting racing.
Well done everyone at the HSCC with special thanks to the HRSR for my first full season of competative racing.
Driving old cars the way they should be driven.
PROPER RACING!!!
CHEERS, Brian #61.

Last edited by Muttley61; 18 Oct 2009 at 10:36. Reason: I made an error.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 11:05 (Ref:2563597)   #12
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes it was cold and yes it was a great meeting! There is always an "end of term" feel to this meeting. The main stand opposite the pits was empty becasue it was shut however the one opposite Woodcote and teh Silverstone Club stand was about 1/3rd full... I was actually surprised how many cars there were parked in the infield for a club meeting in October.
I went as a speccy and the races I watched were without serious incident (few cars visiting the Luffied gravel trap) and close. The Historic Roadsports I thought particularly good - close racing all the way down the field and without the obvious speed differentials of Guards - I can understand why so many choose to run smaller engined GT's in this series instead of Guards. Maybe the time has come to start easing out the B8's....
I went to the Guards Drivers AGM and was expecting it to be on how many 1 hour races should we have but sadly more time was spent on sprocket lengths - I thought I was in a real time ten tenths when the legality of B's and E Types started being discussed!
Out of interest who won the HFF championship?
Old 18 Oct 2009, 13:18 (Ref:2563651)   #13
Matthew Sturmer
Rookie

Matthew Sturmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Westie Mitchell won the Formula Ford Championship. He finished 4th in the race with Amanda coming in 7th.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 19:27 (Ref:2563935)   #14
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excellent meeting, well run and very entertaining.

A tad chilly though
Old 19 Oct 2009, 07:01 (Ref:2564273)   #15
HFJ Drifter
Rookie

United Kingdom
New Forest
HFJ Drifter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very enjoyable meeting, had my first run in a rear engined Formula Junior, a Cooper T56. Started 18th and finished 10th getting the fastest lap in class as well.
Very different to driving my front engined car with the front not pushing wide like I'm more used to.
Old 19 Oct 2009, 08:17 (Ref:2564310)   #16
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A very pleasant day out without a lot of pressure or problems with cars, though the temperature did make me envious of those at Portimao.
Old 20 Oct 2009, 07:27 (Ref:2565186)   #17
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
As you can see, Robert has asked me to delete his post, which I have done. Since the following posts were direct responses to his, and would no longer make sense to any readers, I have deleted them also.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 08:38 (Ref:2566033)   #18
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought it was a good, fun meeting, if a tad chilly! I was in the paddock and at Copse for the whole day and didn't see you once, John!
Old 21 Oct 2009, 08:48 (Ref:2566041)   #19
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Critcher View Post
I was in the paddock and at Copse for the whole day and didn't see you once, John!
I was standing next to John at Oulton Park taking photos and we didn't see each other, although it would have helped if we knew what each other looked like
Old 21 Oct 2009, 09:33 (Ref:2566076)   #20
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I'm sorry, I seem to miss an awful lot of people despite my best efforts. I tend to walk around the paddock area in the morning taking pics and hopefully meeting drivers/ten tenthers but it is still a lottery. Stationary cars are easier to find than owners/drivers etc! Then I'm off around the circuit for the racing and by the time I get back at the end of the day to pick up the results sheets, the place is practically empty!
Old 21 Oct 2009, 16:42 (Ref:2566462)   #21
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
I'm sorry, I seem to miss an awful lot of people despite my best efforts. I tend to walk around the paddock area in the morning taking pics and hopefully meeting drivers/ten tenthers but it is still a lottery. Stationary cars are easier to find than owners/drivers etc! Then I'm off around the circuit for the racing and by the time I get back at the end of the day to pick up the results sheets, the place is practically empty!
Same with me John. I ought to make more of an effort to find out who's going from 10/10's and arrange to meet up.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 17:54 (Ref:2567293)   #22
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Finally thawed out enough to sort through some images. Sorry about the backgrounds but that's because it's Silverstone.
Attached Thumbnails
H1.jpg   H2.jpg   H3.jpg  

H4.jpg   H6.jpg   H7.jpg  

Old 23 Oct 2009, 00:22 (Ref:2567545)   #23
bigvalveelan
Rookie

United Kingdom
Gaunts Common, Wimborne
bigvalveelan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to the Marshalls at Woodcote

Well I had a great couple of days at Silverstone (I did the Friday testing too). After trashing my Red Elan at Spa three weeks earlier, I managed to find the energy to put together a green Elan S1 that I had been contemplating building for a while. So first race out it was great to find it pretty competitive in HRS (no 46)- I did have a wheel come loose in both testing and qualifying (thanks to Marshalls for speedy recovery) but was third on the grid for the race.
In the race itself, I started well, but then about halfway through started losing air from the left front which meant I was on the rim for the last two laps.
But what a well organised day and really constructive drivers' meetings too.
Can't wait to get the car fully sorted for next season although it'll be nice to have a bit of a break. Of course I've now got two highly competitive roadsports Elans - if anyone knows someone who is looking for one.....!

Paul

Paul
Old 23 Oct 2009, 12:56 (Ref:2567910)   #24
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Pit & Paddock

A few P & P shots.
Attached Thumbnails
2009HSCCFin17Oct 002wb.jpg   2009HSCCFin17Oct 015wb.jpg   2009HSCCFin17Oct 020wb.jpg  

2009HSCCFin17Oct 038wb.jpg   2009HSCCFin17Oct 041wb.jpg   2009HSCCFin17Oct 042wb.jpg  

Old 3 Nov 2009, 10:24 (Ref:2574788)   #25
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 1 - 70's Road Sports

29 starters; 25 finishers.

A great variety of cars for this 15 minute race, in which Paul Anderson was on pole in his Porsche 928 (64) and led the field away , with Richard Plant (19 - Morgan +8), Phil Briggs (29 - Porsche 928), Julian Barter (9 - TVR 3000M) in hot pursuit (see pic 1). Pic 2 shows the contrasting Loti (I still don't know what the plural of Lotus is; does anybody?) of Steve Cooke (65 - 7 S4) and Stewart Richardson (12 - Europa) side by side through Copse. Cooke failed to finish but Richardson finished in 11th place. As they start lap 2, (See pic 3) Plant has already snatched the lead from Anderson, and three V8s lead two V6s, with Peter Shaw in his V6 Tuscan briefly getting the better of Barter to take 4th place; these 5 already moving away from the pack. Pic 4 shows the third Porsche 928 of Richard Armstrong (18) getting a bit out of shape with Paul Stafford hoping to capitalise in his Datsun 240Z. He was never able to though and they finished 12 & 13th respectively but still this close together. 23 is Will Morton's Alfa 200GTV which finished 16th.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4745wl10.jpg   IMG_4750wl10.jpg   IMG_4754wl10.jpg  

IMG_4806wl10.jpg   IMG_4809wl10.jpg