Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 1 Apr 2002, 14:14 (Ref:248977)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ACO To Be Offered At Bonhams Auction

from www.dailysportscar.com

LE MANS News

ACO To Be Offered At Bonhams Auction
Monday 1 April

In a surprise announcement, auctioneer Robert Brooks of the Bonhams firm in London, has confirmed that the Automobile Club L'Ouest, will be offered to the highest bidder at the May auction of automotive memorabilia to be held at Leeds. The ACO, organizer of the famed 24 hours of Le Mans, has decided that it is time to retire and let those whose interests are truly in sportscars to have a chance to choose the competitors.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 14:39 (Ref:249003)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And a pinch and a punch to all concerned, eh Liz?
Old 1 Apr 2002, 15:28 (Ref:249051)   #3
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Allez Debora!

I just received an acknowledgement of agreement by Robert Brooks with Bonhams Auctioneers that my bid to buy the pole position on behalf of the Debora team was accepted.

I am glad to announce that the Debora will be driven by Alex Yoong of the Minardi F-1 team, Rick Treadway of Indy Racing League championship and by the born-again F-1 legend Piercarlo Ghinzani.

We will be proudly sponsored by Durex, The Cartoon Network and, of course, Le Department de La Sarthe.

Allez Debora!
Old 1 Apr 2002, 17:08 (Ref:249103)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a coincidence! Alex Job Racing have agreed that in return for those "Run with the bulls/swim with the sharks/race with the Germans" shirts I bought for the boys, they're going to give me one of the team's firesuits.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 17:09 (Ref:249105)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Here is an update to the original story:

Reinhold Joest To Attend Bonhams Auction
Monday 1 April

According to Janina Joest, her father will attend the auction to be held at Leeds in May. "He wants the ACO, that's all he has talked about for weeks," said the daughter of the famous Sarthe entrant. According to Janina, the fact that Reinhold Joest is the most successful person to campaign a team at Le Mans, ownership of the ACO will finally allow him to change the name to the ACJ, Automobile Club de L'Joest.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 21:20 (Ref:249363)   #6
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 2 Apr 2002, 00:07 (Ref:249468)   #7
Liz
Veteran

The guys at dailysportscar.com have a wonderful sense of humour. I don't think they published anything but April Fools stories today and they were all great.

Especially good was the one about Gunnar Jeanette starting in the new Batman movie ...
Old 2 Apr 2002, 05:18 (Ref:249557)   #8
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Very funny, very funny...

After all those april fools stories, a real one (let's be serious)... it seems that ACO have contacts with Max My to transfer 24 hours of Le Mans in another country... could be Malaysia... and the rules could be different : no body for the car, one place in it, could be named Formula or something like that... They say Ferrari could be here again... Oh I forgot something : the race could run only 300 kms, with advertising stops in it...

...And the rules say that a german pilot should systematicly win at the end...

Frightening, huh ?
Old 2 Apr 2002, 12:03 (Ref:249787)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What is sad Fab, is that it's very nearly believeable!
Old 2 Apr 2002, 12:13 (Ref:249805)   #10
Liz
Veteran

Don't let those people get their hands on sports car racing.
Old 2 Apr 2002, 12:24 (Ref:249826)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Re: Allez Debora!

Quote:
Originally posted by Muzza
I just received an acknowledgement of agreement by Robert Brooks with Bonhams Auctioneers that my bid to buy the pole position on behalf of the Debora team was accepted.

I am glad to announce that the Debora will be driven by Alex Yoong of the Minardi F-1 team, Rick Treadway of Indy Racing League championship and by the born-again F-1 legend Piercarlo Ghinzani.

We will be proudly sponsored by Durex, The Cartoon Network and, of course, Le Department de La Sarthe.

Allez Debora!
Unfortunately Muzza, the Debora team have decided to sell out to me. I made them an offer which was simply too good to turn down. 2 Grand Marnier crepes, 2 bottles of champagne and merguez baguettes for all their mechanics. (They are both very happy).

The bonfire on which the Debora will sit is now partly constructed and I've decided not to wait until November 5th to light it.

Old 2 Apr 2002, 23:56 (Ref:250456)   #12
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey, Aysedasi,

Before you burn down the Debora let me please take that Alfa 164 engine out of it.

I need a spare for my margarita mixer.

Thanks,

Muzza
Old 3 Apr 2002, 06:11 (Ref:250610)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Re: Allez Debora!

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
2 Grand Marnier crepes, 2 bottles of champagne and merguez baguettes
After all, Ayse, you're not as broke as I thought !
Old 3 Apr 2002, 06:14 (Ref:250613)   #14
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
What is sad Fab, is that it's very nearly believeable!
Are you SOOOOOOOOOOO depressed ? Come on, Ayse, we love you, and 4.5 weeks to go to the prequals !
Old 3 Apr 2002, 21:15 (Ref:251276)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
What am I going to do with you guys?!!

Great place this forum, knowledge and wit all rolled into one!

Yes, Muzza, you can have the engine, although I had thought it might rejuvenate my Mountfield. (and sod the lawn!).

And Fab, money or no money, I'll be at Le Mans (might have to bum a few beers/crepes/merguez/champers though). Not depressed - how could I be depressed this close to Le Mans?