Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Oct 2022, 18:45 (Ref:4132076)   #901
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seems that the FIA Motorsport games GT races were not as equal as it seems. Juncadella and the Spanish motorsport federation were NOT impressed with their Mercedes GT3 car provided by Antonelli Motorsport
Old 3 Nov 2022, 10:58 (Ref:4132509)   #902
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Given it’s Endurance racing the WEC tv stream positions info is not the easiest to follow when dropping in and out of coverage. Is this ACO or FIA or Eurosport controlled?

Seems to focus on Overall too 20 and alternates to LMP2 top 20 for ages (which up to now is pretty much the same). Then have very brief periods of Pro and Am - sometimes when adverts happen for me watching non-LeMans events. You then have to result in focusing on the ticker stream for some info (which also stops for replays and obviously adverts) or use a phone app if watching live.

The lights system looks good at night but for the other 50 plus cars (and some liveries in daylight) it’s not good. If Blancpain could have all position numbers in screens 4 or 5 years ago - surely it could be better and help get and keep more viewers etc. Maybe top 5 or 10 in each class?
Old 6 Nov 2022, 10:19 (Ref:4132776)   #903
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
Given it’s Endurance racing the WEC tv stream positions info is not the easiest to follow when dropping in and out of coverage. Is this ACO or FIA or Eurosport controlled?

Seems to focus on Overall too 20 and alternates to LMP2 top 20 for ages (which up to now is pretty much the same). Then have very brief periods of Pro and Am - sometimes when adverts happen for me watching non-LeMans events. You then have to result in focusing on the ticker stream for some info (which also stops for replays and obviously adverts) or use a phone app if watching live.

The lights system looks good at night but for the other 50 plus cars (and some liveries in daylight) it’s not good. If Blancpain could have all position numbers in screens 4 or 5 years ago - surely it could be better and help get and keep more viewers etc. Maybe top 5 or 10 in each class?
It's an ACO product so graphics are on them. I feel like the WEC stuff is getting a bit better. Maybe a quicker rotation through the classes is called for. Feels like a lot of the time you need to know the car numbers - but they do switch in the team names. I think they're conscious about trying to keep the screen/viewing experience clean and focus on the action (no solid colour panels like IMSA/Blancpain).

It's swings and roundabouts really - in the WEC they don't show the time gaps constantly like in IMSA, but when you do see a battle I feel like they give you far more info and context into what's happening than IMSA (which gives you nothing).

Ultimately when you're watching live there's no substitute for having a good T&S on a second screen. At the race track that also applies if you really want to zone into the battles once pitstops begin. I don't really find any of the external lighting stuff that helpful to be honest.
Old 9 Nov 2022, 18:12 (Ref:4133120)   #904
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
DSC had a fun 3-part series on "near" gt3 cars that have competed with GT3 over the years. Lots of cars I forgot about or didn't even know existed!

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2022/...on-part-1.html
Old 9 Nov 2022, 18:37 (Ref:4133126)   #905
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
DSC had a fun 3-part series on "near" gt3 cars that have competed with GT3 over the years. Lots of cars I forgot about or didn't even know existed!

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2022/...on-part-1.html
Thanks. Not seen many of those.

There were however, 3 Vulcans at 2018 support race. Think they forgot Peter Dumbreck and Chris Harris in the AMR prepared one. Beat all apart from the brand new Vantage GT3 which was unrestricted and assume unhomologated then.
Old 30 Jan 2024, 23:03 (Ref:4194295)   #906
v8supes
Racer

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have any of you ever seen this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dauer_962_Le_Mans

Dauer 962 Le Mans

It looks PHENOMENAL
Old 31 Jan 2024, 00:45 (Ref:4194308)   #907
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I saw it win I liked it, even if it was taking the ….
Old 31 Jan 2024, 03:43 (Ref:4194323)   #908
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
Have any of you ever seen this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dauer_962_Le_Mans

Dauer 962 Le Mans

It looks PHENOMENAL
This car was at the vintage race car display at the fan zone in Daytona this year. I was amazed at how big of a car it was.
Old 31 Jan 2024, 11:00 (Ref:4194368)   #909
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I saw it win I liked it, even if it was taking the ….
It totally was. I've always called it 'The Imposter GT'..... It should never have been permitted, even the ACO realised that, closing the loophole afterwards. It was a sad Le Mans, we were all rooting for the 'Ratzenberger' Toyota to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3_Fan View Post
This car was at the vintage race car display at the fan zone in Daytona this year. I was amazed at how big of a car it was.
Because it was effectively a prototype, allowed to run as a GT.
Old 31 Jan 2024, 13:09 (Ref:4194383)   #910
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It totally was. I've always called it 'The Imposter GT'..... It should never have been permitted, even the ACO realised that, closing the loophole afterwards. It was a sad Le Mans, we were all rooting for the 'Ratzenberger' Toyota to win.

Because it was effectively a prototype, allowed to run as a GT.
Well it was clearly a road car....

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/t...ds-178177.html
Old 31 Jan 2024, 13:34 (Ref:4194386)   #911
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And blast from the past bringing up the 80s and 90s favorite car collector, Sultan of Brunei owned somewhere around 50% of production. Claimed 5, claimed to build I've seen 10-15 including 3 race chassis

There's a guy in HSR that runs one of the scale reproductions of it with a bike engine, much cheaper than a real one
Old 31 Jan 2024, 13:43 (Ref:4194390)   #912
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
[QUOTE=joeb;4194383]Well it was clearly a road car....

Yeah, clearly....
Old 31 Jan 2024, 18:43 (Ref:4194428)   #913
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
And blast from the past bringing up the 80s and 90s favorite car collector, Sultan of Brunei owned somewhere around 50% of production. Claimed 5, claimed to build I've seen 10-15 including 3 race chassis

There's a guy in HSR that runs one of the scale reproductions of it with a bike engine, much cheaper than a real one
My favorite sportscar race cars from the 1990s: Nissan 300 ZX (1994 Daytona, Sebring winner), Panoz GTR1, Porsche GT1 (96-97 version), McLaren (1995 Le Mans winner).

Favorites from 2000s: Corvette C5R, Corvette C6R, Oreca Dodge Viper (red/white stripes), Porsche 911 RSR (think Racers group 2003, AJR, Flying Lizard cars), Saleen S7
Old 31 Jan 2024, 19:17 (Ref:4194436)   #914
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The McLaren in Gulf colours certainly was hard to beat. Also liked the white Porsche with little bits of red and blue added in. Had a model of that once
Old 31 Jan 2024, 21:13 (Ref:4194457)   #915
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
The McLaren in Gulf colours certainly was hard to beat. Also liked the white Porsche with little bits of red and blue added in. Had a model of that once
Brumos?
Old 4 Feb 2024, 22:27 (Ref:4195095)   #916
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It totally was. I've always called it 'The Imposter GT'..... It should never have been permitted, even the ACO realised that, closing the loophole afterwards.
I don't think think they actually realised anything considering they ended up letting in more prototypes disguised as GT cars later in the decade
Old 4 Feb 2024, 22:32 (Ref:4195096)   #917
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistortedSmile View Post
I don't think think they actually realised anything considering they ended up letting in more prototypes disguised as GT cars later in the decade
This is easily explained. The ACO were more observant than ever and on the lookout for even the smallest sign of loophole abuse, but the manufacturers provided special glasses* for the ACO tech inspectors, which clearly demonstrated that they really were true GT cars.

*with banknotes for lenses
Old 5 Feb 2024, 12:04 (Ref:4195172)   #918
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistortedSmile View Post
Yeah, but the playing field had changed considerably by then and it was several manufacturers playing on that field, not one exploiting a loophole.