Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 May 2014, 12:45 (Ref:3407496)   #26
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Literally what the hell is this??? Why would you ditch a knowledgeable, entertaining and insightful commentary team for a clueless bloke on his own muttering things for four hours?

Maybe they upset someone, but even so, having Andrew Marriott commentate on his own when you could have RLM would be the very definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Old 18 May 2014, 12:57 (Ref:3407498)   #27
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
I'm wondering if they've had a falling out about the situation with the app. Pure, 100% made-up speculation.

Either way, I've got it muted with RLM on and I'm guessing I'm not alone.
Old 18 May 2014, 12:58 (Ref:3407499)   #28
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Maybe they upset someone, but even so, having Andrew Marriott commentate on his own when you could have RLM would be the very definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Well certain RLM members and associates have not been praiseworthy of you-know-what, despite being professional and not mentioning it in official channels.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face .... sounds just like the FIA I know and love.

Edit: This commentary is truly a marvel to behold. I have never before heard a commentator describe a pass for the lead so lackadaisically, then get all excited for the replay not 10 seconds later. I think I will forever refer to Paul-Loup Chatin as "The French Driver".
Old 18 May 2014, 13:06 (Ref:3407501)   #29
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i mean this in the nicest possible way, but why's dolan dropping back so quickly?

edit: message calling team manager and tincknell to race control.
Old 18 May 2014, 13:15 (Ref:3407504)   #30
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
kingkai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No live stream?... Screw this, I'll wait for the blancpain race then
Old 18 May 2014, 13:24 (Ref:3407506)   #31
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
LOL some people amaze me of course they have a live stream up on the official website. (noobs)
Old 18 May 2014, 13:30 (Ref:3407507)   #32
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Right. Go to europeanlemansseries.com and click live video. How hard is that?
Old 18 May 2014, 13:35 (Ref:3407508)   #33
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
I follow these series for years but I only get a promo vid from the official site. Tried it numerous times. Be careful who you call a noob!
Old 18 May 2014, 13:36 (Ref:3407509)   #34
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpl...uto?start=4464 ?
Old 18 May 2014, 13:39 (Ref:3407510)   #35
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
Same promo over and over again... Netherlands blocked?.. Nowhere to be seen on telly either.
Old 18 May 2014, 13:43 (Ref:3407512)   #36
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Aww, sucks, sorry to hear. Works fine for your eastern neighbors (GER).
Old 18 May 2014, 13:44 (Ref:3407513)   #37
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkai View Post
Same promo over and over again... Netherlands blocked?.. Nowhere to be seen on telly either.
Works here in the Netherlands.
Old 18 May 2014, 13:47 (Ref:3407514)   #38
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
Made an inquiry, but in the mean time blancpain time because of lack of endurance racing for me...
Old 18 May 2014, 13:47 (Ref:3407516)   #39
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Try a different browser?
Old 18 May 2014, 14:11 (Ref:3407519)   #40
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not the most thrilling of races tbh, even with RLM on.

John, who went off on a massive rant about how dull spain F1 was, including the last 20 laps, is fine with talking up less happening here over a longer period of time.
Just proves that motorsport, like anything, is about taste and you'll talk up what you love and talk down what you don't.

Still, he seems to be taking a back seat, for whatever reason, and letting other commentators handle the lions share of this race.
Old 18 May 2014, 14:12 (Ref:3407520)   #41
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
are you kidding? this is a brilliant race! (for clarity, i'm watching without commentary but with tv and timing screens)
Old 18 May 2014, 14:13 (Ref:3407521)   #42
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by codename_47 View Post
Still, he [John] seems to be taking a back seat, for whatever reason, and letting other commentators handle the lions share of this race.
ELMS maximum drive time limitations for the gold commentator in action.
Old 18 May 2014, 14:19 (Ref:3407522)   #43
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
are you kidding? this is a brilliant race! (for clarity, i'm watching without commentary but with tv and timing screens)
What makes it brilliant?

Even RLM, the bastion of talking up endurance racing, are calm and reacting to a standard race, not shouting about it being one for the ages.

As I say, people want different things from their racing, I personally like more on track racing and competition than pit stop strategy over the long term.
This isn't delivering.
Old 18 May 2014, 14:31 (Ref:3407524)   #44
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i don't really give a jot about the pitstop strategic semantics either. but i'm watching a great race with loads of different leaders, some great on-track stuff (right now, dolan and webb for the lead), etc. genuinely don't know who's going to win it. how is that a bad race?

maybe if the live timing on the website was better it'd be more interesting to follow.
Old 18 May 2014, 14:37 (Ref:3407527)   #45
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
I'd argue if you have to search for live timing to enjoy a race, it's not a good race

Sod's law that as I posed that there was a great move for the lead around the outside, that's more like it, more of that please!!

(even if it did show me up that I'm not that synchronised between RLM and my TV. Though if I rewind my TIVO box to sync up then pop over to look at what's happening at Brands on the other channel is stays synched...which nice )

Hindy on RLM has just revealed he was commentating on Spa 2000 when Mika overtook MS via Zonta...who do we have to petition to hear THAT?

And as I type a SC comes out, NASCAR style for a tiny bit of kerbing...pffft.
Still, the race needed that, so we should be thankful!
Old 18 May 2014, 14:48 (Ref:3407529)   #46
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
It's been a good race so far. Slow burner compared to the "Wham, bam, thank you ma'am!" of BSS, but it will come to a head in the last 45 minutes.

It has to be repeated though, seeing prototypes lapping Imola is a treat.

Edit: I assume Webb will stay in the car and Dolan will hand it over to Tincknell?

Second Edit: That was unexpected from Signatech, they'll need a splash-and-dash for 20 minutes worth of fuel. Advantage Jota?

Last edited by J Jay; 18 May 2014 at 14:56.
Old 18 May 2014, 15:28 (Ref:3407533)   #47
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
Priorities of sportscar racing:

Car and as a result Marshals completely in harms way on a blind corner: No safety car

Tiny bit of kerb comes loose: DRAMA! MUST SCRAMBLE SAFETY CAR IMMEDIATELY!
Old 18 May 2014, 15:47 (Ref:3407537)   #48
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i'm not sure it's possible to watch and really follow a sportscar race without live timing or commentary. i like timing because i can draw my own conclusions instead of listen to someone elses

i think there is such a thing as too much information too. it's a bit like reading the book before you see the movie!
Old 18 May 2014, 15:59 (Ref:3407540)   #49
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
By virtue of being the only team *not* to have mechanical problems, fall foul of the stewards or mess up their fuel numbers, Jota are going to win.

Proper endurance racing strategy right there!
Old 18 May 2014, 15:59 (Ref:3407541)   #50
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How come a stream which has been running perfectly 3 hours and 45 minutes, starts awful buffering during the last few minutes?