Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Mar 2002, 13:56 (Ref:234248)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Chat Room - Le Mans & Sportscar Chat?

Having recently exchanged PMs with PM (powermite!), I wonder if any of the sportscar/Le Mans followers out there fancy a "meet" in the chatroom from time to time?

I freely confess that I'm not the greatest fan of chatrooms (I can't keep up!), but I know others enjoy them. I gather the 10/10ths chatroom is not exactly overwhelmed most of the time and I guess it would be possible for us to almost "book" a time between us to chat. Obviously, anyone who wanted to could join in.

Good idea? Bad idea? Over to you.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 16:03 (Ref:234299)   #2
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
A good idea for sure, but...

I'm not a great fan of chat myself, especialy for a question of hour... I prefer a real meeting (not easy, indeed !!! )... my problem is that I'm not free when it's chat hour... usually, I sleep !

But if there's one, I'll try to be here !

Last edited by Fab; 13 Mar 2002 at 16:04.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 18:43 (Ref:234423)   #3
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me neither, unless you get a whole stack of people it tends to die. Maybe after Le Mans when we all have stories to swop ?

SL
Old 13 Mar 2002, 20:25 (Ref:234513)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
The chatroom is currently broken but we have plans for a replacement shortly.

I would suggest a chat session a few days before Le Mans so that we can meet and get in the mood for the weekend... and maybe arrange to meet up someplace ?
Old 13 Mar 2002, 21:03 (Ref:234533)   #5
SL
Veteran

OK agreed,

The Thursday before, all with the Autosport Supplement in hand and dreams of a 2002 Bentley win

Then the Tuesday after, Union Jack and Bentley flags in hand, gently applying sunburn cream to those still tender spots after the hottest week since records started. With dreams and plans to meet again in 2003.

See you there

SL
Old 14 Mar 2002, 06:19 (Ref:234789)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
What about a french flag... hi hi hi !!!

What about a Debora win, after a gigantic epidemie of vapor locks on the track for the favourites cars ? Let's get our french flag for that - just kidding...
Old 14 Mar 2002, 07:12 (Ref:234815)   #7
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
The chatroom is currently broken but we have plans for a replacement shortly.
are you considering a irc room? they are free and can be accessed by java or anytype of irc cilent. im not sure about how to set up a java connection, but, all youve to do is check out various servers then register the room and its yours. there are various things to set up, but, thats bsically it. you may have to go to the server home page first though.

also, users might have to register the nick they intend on using at the rooms server.
Old 23 Mar 2002, 21:05 (Ref:242518)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by SL
OK agreed,

The Thursday before.....

Then the Tuesday after
SL
That sounds pretty good to me, Simon. Say from 8.00 p.m. on each night?
Old 24 Mar 2002, 08:39 (Ref:242714)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
I'll be there, but wich is the URL to connect ?
Old 24 Mar 2002, 08:41 (Ref:242716)   #10
Es Nes
Veteran

its just above "post replie" on the top of the screen. right now only myself and chanservs in there. im about to be going to sleep though and chanservs no fun
Old 24 Mar 2002, 19:41 (Ref:243024)   #11
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Count me out as I can never get into the chat room. Better to get mIRC and chat on there.
Old 24 Mar 2002, 19:53 (Ref:243039)   #12
Es Nes
Veteran

true, but, its easier to tell people where to click than it is to set up mirc.

Last edited by Es Nes; 24 Mar 2002 at 19:57.
Old 24 Mar 2002, 20:31 (Ref:243085)   #13
SL
Veteran

Perhaps Craig can set up a chat room for a one night stand on the Thursday and Tuesday, if not there are loads of options available. Perhaps a Yahoo room ?

Maybe log into here a few days before to see what can be set up ? I might be able to "borrow" a voice chat room on the night if required.

SL
Old 24 Mar 2002, 21:53 (Ref:243162)   #14
Es Nes
Veteran

have you seen this sl: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=19993

if that doesnt work, go to www.mirc.com and dl that then send me a private message and ill tell you how to set it up ...

Last edited by Es Nes; 24 Mar 2002 at 21:55.
Old 25 Mar 2002, 09:41 (Ref:243450)   #15
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
thursday....but qualifying will have started!
Old 25 Mar 2002, 10:33 (Ref:243492)   #16
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
That's the point ! Talk about them !
Old 25 Mar 2002, 11:00 (Ref:243517)   #17
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
can't we go watch instead?!
Old 25 Mar 2002, 18:51 (Ref:243796)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
thursday....but qualifying will have started!
Hang on, I thought we were talking about the Tuesday and Thursday of the week before race week? (Hence the reference to the Autosport supplement).

Having said that, The Tourists are a bit late out of the blocks this year and won't be leaving Blightly until Friday morning , so if you want to make it race week, that's fine by me, but I will be listening in to Radio Le Mans on Wednesday and Thursday evening.
Old 26 Mar 2002, 09:18 (Ref:244276)   #19
kdr
Veteran

you're right ayse...autosport supplement comes out a week before the big week - its always a pleasant surprise to me when it does, even if i know its going to happen!
Old 26 Mar 2002, 12:21 (Ref:244330)   #20
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We're leaving Wednesday or Thursday or the Big Week (from England that is -- I will be leaving Canada on Tuesday after I have rested and repacked from the Montreal GP). But I'd love to get in on the chat if possible.
Old 26 Mar 2002, 12:43 (Ref:244351)   #21
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Hi folks,

Just to clarify, the chat room is up and running. We have had some minor bugs with it, but in general it's working fine.

You can access it by clicking on the "Chat" button on your 10-10ths console. If you have any difficulties accessing, some of these problems have been discussed in the "Announcments" section - however, feel free to email or pm me if you have any queries.

For the IRC users, you can connect to irc.phishy.net and join channel #motorsport

It IS possible to register nicks when you connect via IRC - however, in the interests of stability, the java applet being used for the chat via 10-10ths doesn't support IRC commands, so you can't register a nick via the java chat.

Hope this clarifies - you don't need to "book" the chat room for a chat unless you actually want it to be invitation only - in which case, pls email me and we can work out the details.

Cheers

EP