Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 25 Feb 2003, 13:08 (Ref:517137)   #1
18000rpm
Rookie

18000rpm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Superkart Regulations

I am culy doing club 100 kart racing and hope to eventually move on to 250 gearbox. I am also interested in the technical side of the sport. I would be interested in buliding my own chassis or developing the areodynamic side of things. I looked on fia.com but i am unclear on what modifications can be made to the engine/ chassis and whether home build parts are allowed. I would appreciate any info you could give me. Thanks
Old 25 Feb 2003, 16:49 (Ref:517318)   #2
yelodwg
Racer

United States
Arnold, CA, USA
yelodwg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
18000, you need a bunch of Superkart sites. Go to our Links page, scroll down to the Superkart Links section. You'll find lots of info at those sites.

It would help if we knew where you were from as there may be resources near you.

Tom Stephens
www.kartfinder.com
Old 26 Feb 2003, 05:54 (Ref:517934)   #3
Warwick
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Warwick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At a international level most countries require homolgated chassis and body work which means you are pretty much stuck with what you can buy from a manufacturer.

http://www.superkart.nu and click downloads it has tech regs etc and a bunch of links to others

yelodwgs site is also very good used it quite a few times

Last edited by Warwick; 26 Feb 2003 at 05:57.
Old 15 Mar 2003, 11:21 (Ref:536824)   #4
tassuperkart
Racer

Australia
Tasmania
tassuperkart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ummm I think that i would dispute that any chassis are homologated, or at leas homologation in any country is a requirement. Engines definitely yes but i think that you can run anything in the chassis department subject to overall dimensions and weights and some technical regulations and so long as there is no suspension of any kind.
The rules for chassis are pretty much universal worldwide but Im sure youll find that you can build whatever you like and run it so long as it satisfies the relevant kart formula for the class you wish to race. there are definitely no limitations as far as bodywork are concerned.
Down here in Tassie, one of the boys built his own chassis loosely based on an Anderson design and powered by a 256 Rotax.
Old 15 Mar 2003, 20:12 (Ref:537331)   #5
Warwick
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Warwick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the international cik/fik regs that I looked at a year or two ago did have chassis,engine and body work homolgation,although they were talking about several classes,my kart definitely doesn't comply,nor would it meet the Aussie rules with a 1290mm wheelbase,but meets our local rules

Just checked and the rules are different than last time I looked,they just give basic chassis dimensions,mines still to long though.

A guy here has just finished a very nice chassis based on PVP dimensions but running a adjustable front based on the Eagle 3,but he spoiled it by putting a Rotax 256 on it.
Old 19 Mar 2003, 02:38 (Ref:540825)   #6
tassuperkart
Racer

Australia
Tasmania
tassuperkart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup
Your chassis is just a bit long in the wheelbase at 1290mm for oz. Our book limit is 1270mm. I could not ever imagine anyone pinging you for that kind of non-conformance unless you placed at a state or national level event.
I have not looked at the FIA regs for a long time but AFAIK, concerning F/E, IC/E, 125gearbox and 80cc gearbox, I am not aware of any restrictions on any of the bodywork save for some height, construction method/materials and width concerns.
the homologations you refer to could possibly be attached to some of the CIK classes not usually associated with "superkarting" Kinda like "125 shifter" but whatever the CIK likes to call them!
I must have a look at the FIA rules for gearbox long circuit karts and enlighten myself yeah!

Last edited by tassuperkart; 19 Mar 2003 at 02:44.