Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Mar 2011, 19:00 (Ref:2847000)   #1
glashaus
Rookie

glashaus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seeking Info on Gruppe 2 BMW 320

Hello Gruppe,

I'm new to this forum, and would like to introduce myself. My name is Bill Kemper, I live in St. Louis, MO USA. I have a small collection of e10 and e21 race cars. I've researched the history on all of them and have been successful on all but one.

If I may, I like to post a question to you. Do any of you reconize this car? I'm trying to establish it's German race history. I was told that it was a gruppe 2 car that raced in the ETCC, DRM or maybe another series. It was bought in Germany and brought over here to the U.S. about ten years ago. It is still in it's original livery and sponsors were Franken-Autotechnik gmbH, RH Tuning, Landwehrkeller and Conni and Tommi SSS Ski+Squash+Shop. A couple of the sponsors look like they come from the Nurnberg area. As you can see, the standard gruppe 2 fenders and front air dam were replace with the box bodywork. I've attached a few pics of how it looked when I purchased it. Any information or pics would be deeply appreciated

Thank you in advance for you time and consideration, and hope to hear from you soon.

All the best,

Bill

1980 BMW 320 DRM Gruppe 2/RT Race Car.

VIN WBAAH1109B6959296 White and blue, Former Hartge car?

This car was built in Germany to compete in the DRM Division II (gruppe 2)? Brought to the U.S. in the middle ninties by IMSA GTO driver Alf Gephardt.
Attached Thumbnails
Gr2 orig.jpg   gr2ps[1].jpg  
Old 17 Mar 2011, 08:30 (Ref:2847294)   #2
Alex E
Racer

Alex E should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hi Bill,
I don`t recall seeing this car before.
The chassis number says it was built in late 1980 as a LHD 320, but with M20 6 cylinder engine.
Hartge did race an E21 in 1980.

Alex
Old 17 Mar 2011, 09:25 (Ref:2847323)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome, Bill. I'll leave it here for a day or two, but we might get better results in our Motorsport History forum, so I'll move it there in a couple of days.
Old 17 Mar 2011, 17:29 (Ref:2847607)   #4
glashaus
Rookie

glashaus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Alex, John,

Nice to hear from you again Alex, hope all is well with you. I do think my car is that same Hartge car, but want to be sure before I state it as fact.

John, Thank you for your help and guidance. I wasn't sure where to post this request.

All the best,

Bill