Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Sep 2014, 18:53 (Ref:3451313)   #26
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Ferry is booked, truck loaded with every piece of equipment and spare part that can find, sacrifices offered to the weather Gods....... Just need some tickets and passes, sadly bit slow being despatched and arriving after have left for Sussex en route to Belgium! Hopefully contingency plan will work.

Old 9 Sep 2014, 05:31 (Ref:3451397)   #27
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two day track event from tomorrow (maybe stretching into friday)
Old 9 Sep 2014, 16:51 (Ref:3451582)   #28
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Terence

Only three weeks for all us to see your 2 42 in Six Hours practise .

Do we know what car?

Can't see anything you promised us on provisional start list.

Very mysterious.
Old 9 Sep 2014, 17:02 (Ref:3451585)   #29
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Terence

Only three weeks for all us to see your 2 42 in Six Hours practise .

Do we know what car?

Can't see anything you promised us on provisional start list.

Very mysterious.
Three weeks, no wonder you can't see anything.
Old 9 Sep 2014, 17:26 (Ref:3451589)   #30
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Not promising any spectacular lap times for our entry! Fortunately the passes and tickets have just been delivered so can rest easy from now...

Here is Gilbert ready to load, all shiny and ready for testing in Sussex on the way to Belgium!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 9 Sep 2014, 18:10 (Ref:3451596)   #31
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Three weeks, no wonder you can't see anything.

I dont remember any "promise"either.
The mystery will stay as is-for the time being.

Might even be some news in a day or twos time-who knows.
Old 12 Sep 2014, 15:01 (Ref:3452599)   #32
bigvalveelan
Rookie

United Kingdom
Gaunts Common, Wimborne
bigvalveelan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferry crossing for 6hrs

I have a non-refundable Dover-Calais ferry crossing with enclosed trailer booked with P&O. Depart Wednesday 12:05, return Sunday 21.25.

I'm not going to use it, seems a shame to just waste it - does anyone else want it? Apparently according to P&O I can change names and registration number.

Paul
Old 13 Sep 2014, 05:21 (Ref:3452805)   #33
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Interesting GT 40 entered in 6 hr.

Only all aluminium car built.

The same team have won it before with another GT 40 so should be competitive .
Old 14 Sep 2014, 06:55 (Ref:3453118)   #34
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Anybody see the Entry List from the British Saloon GT & Sportcar Challenge ??
Old 14 Sep 2014, 07:45 (Ref:3453125)   #35
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
It's not up yet
Old 15 Sep 2014, 11:14 (Ref:3453531)   #36
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reduced entry price !

Hi there. For those spectators who cannot blag free tickets from anyone, here is a link to the Belg. Histo Club website.

http://www.fbva.be/index.php/fr-FR/

Once there, click on the cliquez-ici & the bon de ruduction (10 euro per person with the bon in hand) will appear, ready to be printed off.

BTW, with the money you've saved, please feel free to come along to bright green Alfa Giulia 4 door, No 62 in the U2TC paddock & buy us all a drink !!!

See you all there , Martin
Old 15 Sep 2014, 17:28 (Ref:3453607)   #37
alfa 76
Rookie

alfa 76 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Martin, I'll be there, but not doing U2TC now as my Giulia Ti needs gearbox work after Zandvoort, I'm bringing my 2000gtv to run in the HSCC races now. Lokk forward to catching up with Tom, Patrick, Gilles and team.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 19:37 (Ref:3453648)   #38
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
Anybody see the Entry List from the British Saloon GT & Sportcar Challenge ??
It's now on the Spa Six Hour website. Good sized grid and mix of cars as are most of the other races - only the CanAm race looks a bit 'thin'.

Link:

http://www.spasixhours.com/en/meeting/entrylist.html

Last edited by gary396; 15 Sep 2014 at 19:38. Reason: Added link
Old 16 Sep 2014, 08:15 (Ref:3453822)   #39
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I'm sitting in the posh Shell services at Wetteren at the moment, using their free wifi, and in glorious sunshine! Yesterday I looked at the forecast for Spa and it wasn't too bad- today shows not so good, with possible thunder an lightning during 6hrs qualifying! Being Spa, no doubt it will change again before then.....

See you all there.

Old 16 Sep 2014, 08:29 (Ref:3453825)   #40
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I'm sitting in the posh Shell services at Wetteren at the moment, using their free wifi, and in glorious sunshine! Yesterday I looked at the forecast for Spa and it wasn't too bad- today shows not so good, with possible thunder an lightning during 6hrs qualifying! Being Spa, no doubt it will change again before then.....

See you all there.

...... Ah, the delights of the Brussels ring road still to get thru then , Mike. Get on & off it before 2pm or face the hoards of crazies trying to get home asap after their early morning shift !!

Hope to catch up with you at Spa.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 08:34 (Ref:3453828)   #41
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Sorry to say that I won't be coming to spectate this year.
Hope everyone has a successful time!
Old 16 Sep 2014, 13:45 (Ref:3453933)   #42
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It can be useful to look at the following link - live webcams of the traffic sat on the Brussels ring road etc.

http://www.verkeerscentrum.be/verkeersinfo/kaart

Hopefully the road works near Leuven are finished, they were causing tailbacks all the way to the ring road even at off peak times (looked clear when I went over it a short while ago)...
Old 16 Sep 2014, 13:55 (Ref:3453939)   #43
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Just use E 42 via Lille .

About same time.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 18:27 (Ref:3454024)   #44
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
http://abload.de/image.php?img=img_90778bknx.jpg

Only 4 Days ....
Old 17 Sep 2014, 11:19 (Ref:3454285)   #45
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Hard to believe while working on the car in wall to wall sunshine that it's not likely to continue over the weekend!

Oh well, better make the most of it......

Old 17 Sep 2014, 12:08 (Ref:3454296)   #46
alfa 76
Rookie

alfa 76 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa 76 View Post
Hi Martin, I'll be there, but not doing U2TC now as my Giulia Ti needs gearbox work after Zandvoort, I'm bringing my 2000gtv to run in the HSCC races now. Lokk forward to catching up with Tom, Patrick, Gilles and team.
Sadly I'm not coming at all now. The 2000 gtv felt tired at the Gold Cup and on the rollers yesterday it proved to be about 35 bhp tired so it's rebuild time there too. Good luck to all out there I shall follow the timings with interest.
Old 17 Sep 2014, 19:10 (Ref:3454434)   #47
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is there anyone on here not going across to Spa until Friday PM or Saturday who could take something over to a driver for me please? (Nothing iffy, I promise!)
Old 18 Sep 2014, 16:41 (Ref:3454711)   #48
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Travelled down from Amsterdam airport in glorious hot sunshine and the second I crossed the border into Belgium the heavens opened - not for too long though and still warm. About to venture from my hotel in search of Belgium beer and maybe a little food - looking forward to the next few days.

I know Mike and Iain are here and will keep lens trained on any other Tenthers I see as well - good luck to all involved this weekend.
Old 19 Sep 2014, 18:06 (Ref:3455165)   #49
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany

Tomorrow 6.30am start to Francorchamps
Old 19 Sep 2014, 21:06 (Ref:3455231)   #50
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
My first exposure of the event today, made a last minute decision to come and not regretting it. I'm a regular at the modern 24 and the endurance nature of the main 6 hour race was fascinating me to a level beyond what I normally feel for historic racing.

Regret not checking this thread first, just seen the discount offer! Worth the €30 to support the event though. Will still cheer for the green Alfa (although good luck taking on Frank Stippler, he was incredible at Blanchimont, if it was indeed him).

Does anyone know if the qualifying results are easily available anywhere? Thanks.