Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Mar 2015, 17:04 (Ref:3516397)   #1
speedy27
Rookie

Australia
Australia
speedy27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2015 Phillip Island Classic pics

Some of my favourite pics from the (yet again!) sensational Phillip Island Classic last weekend for your online enjoyment, especially if you missed it!

Please note that there is a results link as well as photo sequence listing visible from the 'see more' link near the top of the page.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/petere...650967072309/#
Old 18 Mar 2015, 21:14 (Ref:3516927)   #2
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great shots, but sadly none of me! Judging by the light I'm guessing mostly taken on Sunday, and after 4 good races I DNFd on lap one in the final race on Sunday afternoon … shame! Great weekend though, fantastic track, great meeting with a super atmosphere. I hope to get back down there again!
Old 19 Mar 2015, 15:30 (Ref:3517123)   #3
speedy27
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRSTR5 View Post
Great shots, but sadly none of me! Judging by the light I'm guessing mostly taken on Sunday, and after 4 good races I DNFd on lap one in the final race on Sunday afternoon … shame! Great weekend though, fantastic track, great meeting with a super atmosphere. I hope to get back down there again!
Absolutely unacceptable to have no pics of you, especially with you having travelled all this way. I hope that the experience was a memorable one for you. I don't usually add to my galleries after the long and painful initial culling process, but it would be a pleasure to check whether I have anything half decent of you and, if so, add it to the online collection. Please let me know your car type, racing category and number or name and I'll check for you - and post the link to anything uploaded here if I find something.

As you can see by the file names, I was at it for most of the day on both days, but when selecting pics for the online collection, yes there is always a bias towards those taken in better light, which more often than not translates to less cloud rather than more! Being Melbourne, from the time you pop into the garage to collect a spanner until the time you emerge minutes later, the weather could have changed through four seasons and, as you remember, it did this for most of the two days
Old 19 Mar 2015, 21:36 (Ref:3517242)   #4
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great circuit, nice light and nice shots.

Thanks for sharing them.
Old 20 Mar 2015, 06:09 (Ref:3517336)   #5
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent! I had been meaning to create a thread but things have been busy. HRSTR5 which car were you, I will see if I have a shot - I was only there on Sunday though.

That meant I didn't see the start line incident in the first Saturday Group N under 3L race, apparently there was something unusual in the starting sequence and the red lights went out while the "Delayed Start" board was being shown and some people started while others didn't, resulting in some rather damaged cars. I heard some of the drivers talking about it and they weren't happy and probably won't return, which is a shame.

Lots of good racing on the Sunday though, I will try to post some more later.
Old 20 Mar 2015, 08:59 (Ref:3517366)   #6
Neil Duke
Racer

Neil Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A well travelled Baby Bertha there.
Old 20 Mar 2015, 09:17 (Ref:3517373)   #7
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
Thank John / Speedy,

I was car No 52 in Group M & O racing … Kim Shearn's freshly restored 1964 Penny Ford - F3 Screamer, so the smallest engined car in that rather mixed grid! Would be great if there were some photos ...

Sorry to hear of the start line shunt in another race, i wasn't aware of that at the time, but perhaps that's why we had a long hold in the assembly area … We had an 'awkward' start too … in the briefing they said they'd abandon a start if a car was indicating problems before the 5sec board … in one of the races, my own team mate Melinda Price had issues with her car and the yellow flags were out before the board went out, and yet they started the race, timings were tight to be sure, but I'm certain that race wouldn't have been started in the UK … in fact no-one hit anyone else luckily … but if the starters were consistent with what they say in the briefings, perhaps the incident in the other race wouldn't have occurred. The red lights need to STAY ON, that way no-one should move …

James
Old 22 Mar 2015, 16:26 (Ref:3518382)   #8
speedy27
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Hi James

et voila! 'Hope this brings back good memories for you. Please note that this pic is intended for your online enjoyment.

Enjoy and take care
Peter

https://www.flickr.com/photos/petere...57650967072309
Old 23 Mar 2015, 09:17 (Ref:3518547)   #9
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy27 View Post
Hi James

et voila! 'Hope this brings back good memories for you. Please note that this pic is intended for your online enjoyment.

Enjoy and take care
Peter

https://www.flickr.com/photos/petere...57650967072309
Nice photo Peter, can I buy a copy - for private use only?

James
Old 23 Mar 2015, 15:21 (Ref:3518639)   #10
speedy27
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Thanks James. Please contact me at any time on the email address appearing on the (regretfully necessary) watermarks if you'd like a price list.
Old 9 Apr 2015, 08:23 (Ref:3525317)   #11
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great pictures there Peter.

I was happy to be back at the Classic for the first time in about 4 years, although with the tone of some of the above posts, I probably shouldn't mention what my shared role for the weekend was....
Old 14 Apr 2015, 10:36 (Ref:3527334)   #12
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was it a good meeting this year? How was the crowd size?
Old 14 Apr 2015, 11:11 (Ref:3527344)   #13
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Crowd was pretty big, as usual at this meeting David.

Took me about an hour from the circuit to the San Remo - Cowes road after the last race on Sunday.

Great event as ever though.