Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Jan 2020, 14:25 (Ref:3949680)   #46
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Belated happy new year to all.
I spent my new year's eve/day flat on my back in hospital with pneumonia.
Like the catchy new thread title.
Thatís awful, Peter. Hope youíre now well on the way to recovery and normal life!
Old 3 Jan 2020, 14:40 (Ref:3949682)   #47
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes get well soon Peter and Mrs Gary.
Old 3 Jan 2020, 14:45 (Ref:3949684)   #48
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
That was thoughtless of me- and of course best wishes to your better half, Gary!
Old 3 Jan 2020, 15:31 (Ref:3949693)   #49
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!
I would like to add my belated best wishes to the list as yet another casualty of the dreaded hospitals wards; I was admitted on the 22nd, released today and am now considered a "virtual inpatient" which means that tests and scans are prioritised as if I was still bed blocking.

Unfortunately, although the medics know what the symptoms are and how they manifest themselves, they have yet to determine the cause/s; thankfully, the Big C has been pretty well ruled out - for now at least.

Still, onwards and upwards.
Old 3 Jan 2020, 15:47 (Ref:3949694)   #50
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes Mike, we hope you also have a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year.
Old 3 Jan 2020, 15:47 (Ref:3949695)   #51
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I would like to add my belated best wishes to the list as yet another casualty of the dreaded hospitals wards; I was admitted on the 22nd, released today and am now considered a "virtual inpatient" which means that tests and scans are prioritised as if I was still bed blocking.

Unfortunately, although the medics know what the symptoms are and how they manifest themselves, they have yet to determine the cause/s; thankfully, the Big C has been pretty well ruled out - for now at least.

That doesn't sound very nice, Mike. Best of luck - I hope all goes well for you.
Old 3 Jan 2020, 15:52 (Ref:3949696)   #52
gary396
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, best of luck Mike!
Old 3 Jan 2020, 16:09 (Ref:3949702)   #53
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best wishes, Mike, from one old crock to another.
Thanks for all the kind wishes from you all.
Old 3 Jan 2020, 16:18 (Ref:3949704)   #54
bauble
Veteran

England
Luton, which is nowhere near ,,,?
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Wishing you well, Mike, you will be in my prayers tonight. God Bless.
Old 3 Jan 2020, 17:22 (Ref:3949708)   #55
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Or go straight to a post office wher you can get it renewed same day. Look up what POs offer the service, there's bound to be one local to you.
The post office doesn't renew the passport the same day, they check the forms (some do it digitally) and forward it to the passport office and you are charged an extra £15 for the privilege so it still takes the same amount of time as doing it yourself
Old 3 Jan 2020, 18:16 (Ref:3949715)   #56
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE=Mike Harte;3949693]I would like to add my belated best wishes to the list as yet another casualty of the dreaded hospitals wards; I was admitted on the 22nd, released today and am now considered a "virtual inpatient" which means that tests and scans are prioritised as if I was still bed blocking.

Still, onwards and upwards. Very best wishes and Speedy recovery
Old 3 Jan 2020, 18:32 (Ref:3949719)   #57
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:

Sorry to hear, Mike. Iíll add my wishes for a speedy recovery.
Old 3 Jan 2020, 21:29 (Ref:3949733)   #58
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My new laptop works.

A very belated happy,healthy and prosperous new year to everyone plus something I found playing with my new toy.
Had the fun of driving it in practice at Portland sorting out some brake problems and setting the engine up, great fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Lotus 9 Don Crawford.jpg  
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 4 Jan 2020, 00:12 (Ref:3949742)   #59
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Falce View Post
A very belated happy,healthy and prosperous new year to everyone plus something I found playing with my new toy.
Had the fun of driving it in practice at Portland sorting out some brake problems and setting the engine up, great fun.

Interesting names there Eric.

A Wes Rowley for example.

And 3 Temple Buell's (apparently.)

Plus an Aardvark Menagerie.

Hmm.

I suspect some of those might be hiding true identities ...

Old 4 Jan 2020, 01:59 (Ref:3949754)   #60
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B has a real shot at the podium!E.B has a real shot at the podium!E.B has a real shot at the podium!E.B has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents
Belated happy new year to all.
I spent my new year's eve/day flat on my back in hospital with pneumonia.
Best wishes both of you for a full and speedy recovery.