Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Apr 2015, 17:49 (Ref:3522810)   #1
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Keeping You All Informed

SPECIAL ANNIVERSARY
RACES ADDED TO
SILVERSTONE CLASSIC LINE-UP

• 30 years of innovative Sinclair C5 celebrated this summer

It has been announced today (1 April) that this summer’s Silverstone Classic has been extended to five days to incorporate two very special 25-lap anniversary races.

While the World’s Biggest Classic Motor Racing Festival is celebrating its own 25th birthday in 2015, this year also marks 30 years since the single-seater Sinclair C5 was first launched to a notably narrow-minded audience back in 1985. Now that significant motoring milestone – which, of course, came decades before either F1 or Formula E adopted battery propulsion – will be honoured in speed-free style at the Home of British Motorsport in July.

The inclusion of these two commemoration showdowns, staged exclusively for grids packed with these pioneering electrically assisted bath chairs, has forced the organisers to extend the previously planned three-day automotive extravaganza.

With a heady top speed of 15mph and a maximum range of only 20 miles between lengthy recharges, it is estimated that each of these far from spectacular showdowns on the full 3.66-mile Grand Prix circuit could take far in excess of 12 hours to complete, hence the necessity to extend the event by two extra days.

On the plus side, with its Lotus Cars designed chassis and lightweight polypropylene body, the 12-volt pedal cycle is expected to handle Silverstone’s famously challenging corners with impressive aplomb.

The organisers had also planned to organise a complementary celebration cavalcade. This was to have commenced at the C5’s spiritual home – the Hoover factory in Merthyr Tydfil – and finished at the Silverstone Classic. Calculations, however, indicate that any such parade should have left south Wales in early November 2006 if its plucky participants were to have made it all the way to the famous Northamptonshire venue in good time for this summer’s celebrations.

“We are always looking for novel ways to grow and diversify the racing schedule and we have certainly found it with these two electrifying encounters for glacial C5s,” enthused event spokesperson Joe King.

Full details of all tickets for the 25th anniversary Silverstone Classic (which must be purchased in advance) – as well as hospitality packages and weekend festival camping – can be found on the official www.silverstoneclassic.com website.

-Ends-
Old 1 Apr 2015, 17:58 (Ref:3522813)   #2
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Heightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHeightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where are the entry forms. I still have a C5.
Also can you post the tech regs…Is mapping allowed. I still have the ZX81 software
N
Old 1 Apr 2015, 18:05 (Ref:3522815)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heightswitch View Post
Where are the entry forms.
www.looflirpa.com
Old 1 Apr 2015, 18:21 (Ref:3522823)   #4
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Er, how can I put this. . .

Too late!

Where I come from you'd be called a cabbage stalk.
Old 1 Apr 2015, 18:33 (Ref:3522826)   #5
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
Er, how can I put this. . .

Too late!

Where I come from you'd be called a cabbage stalk.
I'd refer to you as a Puckle, mate, I just thought you might like to know a sense of humour can still be found lurking in the depths of motor sport.

Still as you are from Derbyshire consider yourself forgiven.

Nice to swap insults Dave,

Bob.
Old 2 Apr 2015, 06:44 (Ref:3522951)   #6
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Another clash of the Titans weekend, I'm going to miss it as I'm at the European paint dry off championships in Eastbourne that weekend. I won front row seats for the vintage pillar box red gloss ,touch dry challenge. Both Dulux and ICI are up against 'new boys' Xiang-tack paint corp, who claim to have formula which goes off in a mere 8 hours!
Old 2 Apr 2015, 13:48 (Ref:3523063)   #7
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Still as you are from Derbyshire consider yourself forgiven.
Don't confuse "in" with "from"!
Old 2 Apr 2015, 16:19 (Ref:3523117)   #8
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
SPECIAL ANNIVERSARY
• 30 years of innovative Sinclair C5 celebrated this summer
The legend that is Ian Smith and FF1600 organiser extraordinaire 'Diz' who occasionally posts on TenTenths (when he can be bothered) is the lap record holder in a C5 around Aintree. Probably about 5 minutes for the lap or about 3 cigarettes!
Old 2 Apr 2015, 17:29 (Ref:3523133)   #9
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
Don't confuse "in" with "from"!
Heavens, Dave where are you from that you choose to live in Derbyshire?
Old 2 Apr 2015, 18:13 (Ref:3523155)   #10
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure that anyone with Bedfordshire on their profile has any right to criticise!
Old 3 Apr 2015, 07:21 (Ref:3523270)   #11
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I'm not sure that anyone with Bedfordshire on their profile has any right to criticise!

To quote Rooster Cogburn; "Mebee your right."