Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 19 May 2004, 02:30 (Ref:975046)   #1
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
drewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddrewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, looks like it's not gonna happen...

It looks like there will be 18 cars at Monterrey, and no more

CART released it's entry list for Monterrey and it only shows 18 cars.

Weren't there supposed to be like 3 or 4 more coming?
Old 19 May 2004, 02:39 (Ref:975049)   #2
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But there is still time to utilize rule 5.1.2. Lets hope they can and do.
Old 19 May 2004, 04:38 (Ref:975083)   #3
camcartfan
Racer

United States
Temeku
camcartfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Flatspot
But there is still time to utilize rule 5.1.2. Lets hope they can and do.
What's that?
Old 19 May 2004, 05:16 (Ref:975096)   #4
sgw2
Racer

United States
Sunnyvale, California
sgw2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
5.1.2. Late entries may be accepted only with the permission of the Director of Competition. Late entries and late spare car entries will only be accepted prior to the start of the first practice session for that event unless the number of entries is such that additional entries are required to fill the field provided such entry is in compliance with all other provisions herein. In the event that the Race Director postpones a competition, the additional entries may be accepted prior to the first practice session of the rescheduled event.
Not that I'd be holding my breathe.
Old 19 May 2004, 14:20 (Ref:975503)   #5
Tiresmoke
Racer

Tiresmoke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Well, looks like it's not gonna happen...

Quote:
Originally posted by drewdawg727

Weren't there supposed to be like 3 or 4 more coming?
rumors dude. nobody ever said "definitely" more.
Old 19 May 2004, 15:09 (Ref:975541)   #6
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mostly very wild rumours as well.
Old 19 May 2004, 15:21 (Ref:975555)   #7
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would expect more cars to come to a domestic race. The year I went to Monterrey (2002) I was given a look at the amount of paperwork each team had to do to get the cars, crews and transporters/hospitalities across the border and it was astonishing. I recall that some teams were held at the border until late on the Wednesday because of one piece of paper or one signature missing, or a substitution in the crew list. I don't think they'd want to do that for more cars.

keke
Old 19 May 2004, 18:02 (Ref:975705)   #8
blaarg
Racer

blaarg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did this post have anything constructive to add, other than to directly attack another member?

- Macdaddy

Last edited by macdaddy; 19 May 2004 at 18:08.
Old 19 May 2004, 18:41 (Ref:975740)   #9
blaarg
Racer

blaarg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely not.

Darest I say, the rumours generated recently have been 'enlightening', proving the dedication of individials and their imaginations!

Overall it's been a great contribution to the forums by all, although some work might be required in future to separate fact from fiction.

PS. Fair enough for censoring my post if you believe it wasn't constructive.
Old 19 May 2004, 19:02 (Ref:975754)   #10
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Cool. Just leave names out of it, and understand that every single member here is intelligent enough to draw their own conclusions.
Old 19 May 2004, 19:51 (Ref:975802)   #11
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When you think about it, if the rumors were true then the OWRS media would make a big deal out of it. For example, the CCWS website may have put in an article saying that a big announcement would be coming soon or something, like they did for Dale Coyne before Long Beach. But that obviously hasn't happened.

Besides, since CCWS has the minimum 18 cars needed to fulfill the contract obligations for most of the races, do you think that they should put more energy into getting more cars onto the grid? Their priority now is to solifidy the series this year and maybe next year increase the grid. But not this year.
Old 19 May 2004, 19:56 (Ref:975805)   #12
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, obviously, if you've got more than 18, it's safer if & when one team drops out you'll end up with less...it's quite certain that many of the teams in the last few years have had some form of financial problem and ditched out mid-season or axed the second car - which, with some teams even more stretched than usual this year (even Forsyth trying to running two cars), can't say it isn't exactly likely to happen.

Enough double negatives there to say yes to twice.

Anyway, 18's more than enough. It's Mexico - the procession of Long Beach is (hopefully, touch wood) out of the way - on to a race. Round 2 of the Newman-Haas-Forsythe Racing Champcar Two Team Series...
Old 20 May 2004, 04:14 (Ref:976082)   #13
zerO
Veteran

zerO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by blaarg
Absolutely not.

Darest I say, the rumours generated recently have been 'enlightening', proving the dedication of individials and their imaginations!

Overall it's been a great contribution to the forums by all, although some work might be required in future to separate fact from fiction.

PS. Fair enough for censoring my post if you believe it wasn't constructive.

It isn't nearly a matter of one discerning "fact" from "fiction", but more so for the reader to be able comprehending which is which = A RUMOR IS A RUMOR - always "fiction" until it becomes "news" and then it is a "fact" !!! - now, why is that so difficult to understand ???... food for thought...

zerO

Last edited by zerO; 20 May 2004 at 04:16.
Old 20 May 2004, 04:27 (Ref:976088)   #14
RapidTron
Rookie

RapidTron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by zerO
It isn't nearly a matter of one discerning "fact" from "fiction", but more so for the reader to be able comprehending which is which = A RUMOR IS A RUMOR - always "fiction" until it becomes "news" and then it is a "fact" !!! - now, why is that so difficult to understand ???... food for thought...

zerO
well the readers will comprehend it as fact when you keep saying yourself that it is
Old 20 May 2004, 04:47 (Ref:976095)   #15
zerO
Veteran

zerO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^ again "comprehension skills" play a major role here... example: just because one site says it is so it doesn't neccessarily mean that it is - and that includes CART.com... another good example is "Jesus" - many people do not believe in something that they haven't seen with their own two eyes - such is the dilemma ?!... food for thought...

zerO
Old 20 May 2004, 07:40 (Ref:976207)   #16
RapidTron
Rookie

RapidTron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by zerO
^ again "comprehension skills" play a major role here... example: just because one site says it is so it doesn't neccessarily mean that it is - and that includes CART.com... another good example is "Jesus" - many people do not believe in something that they haven't seen with their own two eyes - such is the dilemma ?!... food for thought...

zerO
unless jesus is bringing enough money for the 19th and 20th cars from the rumors you made up to happen, there is no reason for you to bring him into this.
Old 20 May 2004, 10:30 (Ref:976362)   #17
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Hey! Maybe those $$ could be used to resurrect Memo Gidley's career!

(Sorry - just couldn't resist!).
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.