Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Dec 2019, 07:50 (Ref:3949153)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
CSCC DONINGTON

CSCC visit the East Midlands.
Old 16 Sep 2020, 20:15 (Ref:4002867)   #2
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry list: https://68403ce7-faa5-44b9-9ba0-313b...f31f7ba7ea.pdf

Nice, we are going on the Sunday.
Old 16 Sep 2020, 21:32 (Ref:4002883)   #3
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post

Massive entry! Hope to get there both days.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 20:59 (Ref:4003267)   #4
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post

Many Thanks. I'd got a hotel booking down the M1 a bit for that weekend which I'd kept in the slight hope that spectators might have been allowed into the BTCC at Silverstone, so it looks like it won't be wasted.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 23:56 (Ref:4003314)   #5
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
My mate Paul Dolan is out on Sunday so may try to get down there
Old 18 Sep 2020, 08:58 (Ref:4003406)   #6
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Aiming to be there Sunday.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 19:06 (Ref:4003640)   #7
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Planning to go on Sunday, first track visit this year.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 12:34 (Ref:4005341)   #8
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Smith View Post
Planning to go on Sunday, first track visit this year.
I got mine in back in March at the Phillip Island Classic, just as the proverbial was about to hit the fan down here. Now getting very stir crazy and 'pining for the fjords' with nothing going on locally in the foreseeable, and being limited to 5 klms from home makes it worse. Even Bathurst this year is nil spectators.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 12:41 (Ref:4005342)   #9
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I got mine in back in March at the Phillip Island Classic, just as the proverbial was about to hit the fan down here. Now getting very stir crazy and 'pining for the fjords' with nothing going on locally in the foreseeable, and being limited to 5 klms from home makes it worse. Even Bathurst this year is nil spectators.
Would that be 'Pining for the (Formula) Fjords E. B?
Old 21 Sep 2020, 12:46 (Ref:4005347)   #10
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Would that be 'Pining for the (Formula) Fjords E. B?
I'll pay that one.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 12:14 (Ref:4005340)   #11
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly I am not racing in my “home” meeting for the first time in several years. Car not working!
Old 22 Sep 2020, 16:06 (Ref:4005633)   #12
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
It occurs to me - since "visitors" can't go into the paddock (Boo!) how do spectators - sorry visitors - actually get to the circuit now ?.....as you always walked through the paddock to Redgate or to go under the tunnel.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 16:43 (Ref:4005644)   #13
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The map on Donington website shows parking on the Tarmac Lake and entry through a gate at Hollywood
Old 22 Sep 2020, 17:22 (Ref:4005655)   #14
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry to the inside of the circuit is via the tunnel at Coppice. The tunnel at the Esses / Chicane was also open with a ticket entrance / parking outside for British GT last weekend but I'd suggest checking with the circuit for this coming weekend. Likewise, I would not expect Starkeys parking to be available (like it was for BGT) despite the many and varied attractions of the CSCC ! I will probably be there Sunday (governments et al willing).
Old 22 Sep 2020, 18:43 (Ref:4005681)   #15
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also to prevent general access to the paddock by spectators, the footpath down to the Melbourne hairpin was closed and the pedestrian tunnel under the start finish straight was blocked off with metal fencing and I expect that will remain.

I just hope that the latest Governmrnt pronouncements on the return of spectators to sports venues don't put a stop to the good work that MSV have done. I'll be keeping an eye on the MSV website for updates.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 19:28 (Ref:4005689)   #16
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is the Coppice entrance to the infield for cars and pedestrians or just the latter ?
Old 22 Sep 2020, 19:37 (Ref:4005690)   #17
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Pedestrians and authorised vehicles so far.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 19:39 (Ref:4005691)   #18
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
The entrance gate was in use as the vehicle access to the raised disabled parking area at Coppice for the GTs, but the tunnel to the infield was for pedestrians only as far as I could see.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 20:20 (Ref:4005696)   #19
brands
Veteran

Thanks guys, I'll aim to park near there and walk in.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 22:17 (Ref:4005712)   #20
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm in the last race on Sunday - eating plenty of carrots between now and then!

The bonus, I suppose, is that, if all goes well in qualy and I don't need to do much to the car before the race, then it allows plenty of time to watch the first few races without panicking about being late for mine.
Old 23 Sep 2020, 12:44 (Ref:4005830)   #21
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Quite keen to get to this, and the weather forecast is OK for Sunday, so fingers crossed
Old 23 Sep 2020, 13:00 (Ref:4005833)   #22
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Last time I was at Donington a couple of months ago I think the old Main entrance by the former museum was closed for all but Auction house connected traffic and all spectator traffic had to go to the Tarmac Lake. All access was through a pedestrian gate directly to the section between Redgate and Holly Wood. However there did seem to be some car access there as well so maybe that was also disabled vehicle entry.

The Coppice Tunnel has not been used for a while other than for spectators at occasional meetings. Often there is some sort of agricultural trailer parked in there presumably to ensure the gates at the tunnel entrance are not opened. The new tunnel is not accessible from inside the circuit boundary.

I'm not sure what they did about parking for blue badge holders at the official Coppice area - could not quite see that from where I watched on the day.

Social distancing in the new Grandstand presumably but at least it is advertised as being free.

The roads around the outside of the circuit from the Paddock entrance to the old Main gate were closed off.

Whether things will be different now I have no idea. I doubt it. The new restrictions are, generally, more restricting now than they were at the time of my visit.
Old 24 Sep 2020, 14:22 (Ref:4006053)   #23
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Donington has advised this to me today - "it's just the Hollywood gate open for spectators this weekend. Upon arrival to the venue follow the red signs for public parking."
So that's a long walk to Coppice for infield access.
Old 24 Sep 2020, 19:49 (Ref:4006082)   #24
brands
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Donington has advised this to me today - "it's just the Hollywood gate open for spectators this weekend. Upon arrival to the venue follow the red signs for public parking."
So that's a long walk to Coppice for infield access.
We normally watch the racing from the inside of the old hairpin but I guess we will save ourselves 4 miles of walking and view from outside of the old hairpin. Not bothering with a camera as Donny isn't a great place to shoot even in the best of times.

Can't believe the DAF 55 is 9th reserve in the special saloons.
Old 25 Sep 2020, 14:52 (Ref:4006230)   #25
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Looks like things have conspired against me going, now, so it looks like I'll be watching the livestream on Facebook or youtube.......