Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Aug 2001, 02:54 (Ref:136871)   #1
z2252314
Racer

z2252314 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New and confused?????

Ive been coming to this forum for months now, but I am a bit confused. Is this an anti-Schumi website? I only ask because there tends to be a lot of cynical comments towards him. I was a huge Gilles Fan, and then I began to follow Senna. After Senna's death I stopped watching F1 for a couple of months. I must admit, that like most people, I too hated MS. My feelings towards Senna prevented me from liking any other driver, especially MS. However, I couldnt deny his talent. Barcelona 96 was incredible, and his wet drives at Spa where breathtaking. His dominance in the wet brang back memories of Gilles and Ayrton. When Senna died, I convinced myself that I would never see a better driver. Now, I am begginning to question that. Who was better? Im still not sure. What is certain, is that F1 fans were robbed of what would have been one of the fiercest rivalries. Ill leave now with a brief comment on the greats I've been privaleged to watch since 75'.

Lauda- very quick in his young days, and had more balls than any other driver Ive seen

Gilles- No one will ever match his car control. This guy was the David Copperfield of F1-Pure magic. Definately the most entertaining driver Ive ever seen.

Prost- Although not a fan, his achievements are incredible. He has to be in anyone's top 5. His speed was underestimated, and perhaps the best thinker of all time (MS is close)

Senna- will always be the quickest driver over a lap. A fierce racer, who would have beaten Alain's 51 record. More charisma than anyone in the paddock. How would he have handled an equally zealous young Schumacher?

Schumacher- the guy doesnt have a weakness. He nearly has Senna's speed over a lap, and perhaps the best race craft of all time. As a team boss, if you want somebody to win a race, then he is your man. Like Senna, at times controversial, but always good to watch.

P.S Sorry for my strange username. Calling me "z" will be fine.
Old 28 Aug 2001, 03:05 (Ref:136872)   #2
Roy2
Racer

Roy2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Z

BL00dy good. You give them each the credit they deserve, and raise the questions instead of dictate the answers.
Welcome
Old 28 Aug 2001, 03:59 (Ref:136875)   #3
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Welcome Z. I think you'll find this to be the most level headed of the F1 forums. I'm relatively new here as well, but I like it around here. Its not anti-schumi here, in fact, I'm a schumi fan myself, and have yet to be criticized for it <knocks on wood>...
Old 28 Aug 2001, 04:37 (Ref:136882)   #4
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

f1grandprixshop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome Z!

This site is not anti-schumi, and it's not pro-schumi either! It's more of anti-JPM! hehe just kidding! In this forum you'll find all the F1 fans of each driver, pro, anti and,neutral. Feel free to air what's on your mind.

cheers!
Old 28 Aug 2001, 11:25 (Ref:136988)   #5
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome "z". I understand that this forum is perhaps a bit different to the usual, but dont worry everyone is welcome. It was worse when i joined, I think there were about 3 schumi fans in all. Now its getting a bit more balanced, although were still heavily outnumbered. I liked your views and tend to agree on most of them. Anyway, enough nice talk, enjoy the forum.

Neutral
Old 28 Aug 2001, 12:20 (Ref:137024)   #6
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome

Welcome Z, or Zed? if you don't mind. Judging from your first post, I think you will like this forum. I try hard not to get personal about drivers, and that seems to suit enough of the others here that the group gets along pretty well.
Old 28 Aug 2001, 17:07 (Ref:137123)   #7
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome Z, so, are you the old guy from Men in Black?????:confused: , to many smilies I know, I consider my self a tgf critic, but I don't hate him, I think he is great, but I just love montoya The issue here is not if someone critisizes Shumi, what matters is the way you do it. As for the forum, let me tell you, you came to the right place, this is a free forum, with very nice people in it, and everyone is on the good mood. So have fun!!.
Old 28 Aug 2001, 17:21 (Ref:137135)   #8
economy_waffle
Racer

economy_waffle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok ok ok, hello and welcome Z!!!

spot on m8 my word the first person who actually likes all of these guys, it usually just one rules and the rest overated...
Old 28 Aug 2001, 17:28 (Ref:137137)   #9
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Welcome Z.... On the subject of Michael Schumacher..Well let's see..Some of the forum members just don't care for him,I am a big fan of Ferrari and TGF as they call him here( it's not meant to be rude)just a shorthand method of typing his name.

Most of the people here are very knowledgable, and I have learnt much from them..Post's like "Montoya is garbage" I have no time for..If he was indeed "garbage" Sir Frank Williams and Patrick Head would not have hired him,end of story in my book..We attack the post and NOT the poster here at 10Tenths..So have a great time mate,BTW I enjoyed reading your introduction very much..

Regards...Jeremy
Old 28 Aug 2001, 19:10 (Ref:137178)   #10
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome, Z,
Its great to have you aboard. The only thing that we are "Anti" about is rude behavior. About TGF, or "That German Fellow" (Schumacher) we are a divided camp. We have fans and a "Loyal opposition". A lot of negative are said about him, but he has zealous supporters as well.

All opinions are welcome and a good argument will get people to see things differently, even to change their minds.

For the record, I am not a Schumacher fan, but Gerard is.
Old 28 Aug 2001, 19:15 (Ref:137180)   #11
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome Z

Although I may be somewhat cynical about Schumi now and then, I do begrudgingly accept that he is the best in the world at the moment (albeit with Mika a gnat's wing away ), and as such I accept that there has to be a small pocket of people living on a very small island somewhere that support him...

Like others have said, people here are friendly and don't allow conversation to fall down into the realms of "x is god" or "x is *%^*%"...you're never a thread away from a good, balanced discussion...well, most of the time anyway!
Old 28 Aug 2001, 19:26 (Ref:137184)   #12
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome z. Nice first post.
Old 28 Aug 2001, 19:27 (Ref:137185)   #13
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Welcome to the boards, Z. I'm not what I would call anti-TGF, but I'm definitely one of his critics. I dislike him as a driver, but to say he isn't good is ridiculous! We're a pretty diverse group of people here, so you can probably find a fan of every driver and every team somewhere.

And I award prizes if people can guess who I support...

Old 28 Aug 2001, 19:42 (Ref:137193)   #14
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Juan Pablo Montoya..I am right RG?? The driver that you support that is..Or am I just old and confused?

Last edited by JeremySmith; 28 Aug 2001 at 19:44.
Old 28 Aug 2001, 20:02 (Ref:137202)   #15
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Am I really that obvious?

You're old and confused as well though...
Old 28 Aug 2001, 20:19 (Ref:137215)   #16
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
You are darlin...And I knew I was..Darn it! Maybe I should talk to "I Ate Yoko Ono" maybe he has the answer?

Last edited by JeremySmith; 28 Aug 2001 at 20:21.
Old 28 Aug 2001, 22:05 (Ref:137291)   #17
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome Z,
hope you enjoy yourself here.

AJ
Old 28 Aug 2001, 22:46 (Ref:137320)   #18
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I am NOT an MS fan, yet I don't deny that the guy has talent.

I just think that in my eyes, no matter what his achievements may be, there will always be a cloud of distrust which hovers over MS, which taints whatever records he has reached.

I refer to the barging incidents 94' + 97', and the "cheat" allogations in 94' and 2000 + 2001 with the TC.
Also whatever he may do at Ferrari, he is to give his no2 driver a lot of credit for his success. I can't see how MS can feel proud of his achievements, as to me his WDC's seem very hollow, with regard to how he has won them (ie been "gifted" races by his no2).

Although Damon Hill wasn't the great driver everyone hoped for, at least he won his WDC fair and square, without any help from his team-mate.
Old 29 Aug 2001, 00:15 (Ref:137373)   #19
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Sodemo
I am NOT an MS fan, yet I don't deny that the guy has talent.

I just think that in my eyes, no matter what his achievements may be, there will always be a cloud of distrust which hovers over MS, which taints whatever records he has reached.

I refer to the barging incidents 94' + 97', and the "cheat" allogations in 94' and 2000 + 2001 with the TC.
Also whatever he may do at Ferrari, he is to give his no2 driver a lot of credit for his success. I can't see how MS can feel proud of his achievements, as to me his WDC's seem very hollow, with regard to how he has won them (ie been "gifted" races by his no2).

Although Damon Hill wasn't the great driver everyone hoped for, at least he won his WDC fair and square, without any help from his team-mate.
Can you say flame-bait?
Old 29 Aug 2001, 01:08 (Ref:137393)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
z2252314 welcome ! That's an easy nick to remember...

Sounds like a bar code for something... never mind.

Well the oldies had expressed theirselves, EERO, R girl, Alan, Jersound... altough I am missing others ones... and the not-so-newbies did too. So what else to say ?

Get yourself a seat and start pushing the right pedal... once you're in, you see how worth is being here...

(PS : Did R Girl warned about AMoffat ? And Tristan did you advised about some Valve Bounce ? And did Alan warned you, in case of being female, about a 007 dude ? And did R Girl warned you abput a Waffle going nuts ?)
Old 29 Aug 2001, 01:13 (Ref:137395)   #21
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: New and confused?????

Quote:
Originally posted by z2252314
...Is this an anti-Schumi website? I only ask because there tends to be a lot of cynical comments towards him. ...Schumacher- the guy doesnt have a weakness. He nearly has Senna's speed over a lap, and perhaps the best race craft of all time. As a team boss, if you want somebody to win a race, then he is your man.
The name's fine, there are some wierd ones around anyway... but as for your question, you will find that it's just that the supporters of other drivers find it more necessary to be vocal... Schumacher is almost universally recognised as the best there is at the moment, don't worry about that.

Maybe it's just that many don't want to see him dominating for too long...

And welcome to the board...
Old 29 Aug 2001, 16:44 (Ref:137847)   #22
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome aboard, Z-man.

I dislike TGF and I'm a long-time fan of the Two Red Cars and of course of St. Gilles who will always epitomize Ferrari to me. Enzo would not approve of the Affirmative Action Program at Ferrari and he would probably kick Rubens up the backside for allowing it to go on, as well as whoever wrote the Affirmative Action Contract that TGF has signed.

But although I dislike him as a man and as a driver, I do admit he's the best of a very weak field, for the moment, and cynically concede that if he can cheat his way to 4 WDCs, it's certainly easier that way than winning them outright as Prost had to do, and he can count on a lot of people who are too young to know the difference supporting his right to win at all costs.

Okay, that's enough of that. Welcome to the forum and do try some of our other forums too - we're a great bunch and our local is yours too.