Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Nov 2019, 09:07 (Ref:3939180)   #151
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
There's only ONE! Our Robert aca bauble!!!!

How someone found a relationship between a Magnette and a Plymouth, I wonder…
The connection is the driver, Gerry, he drives all of the cars, as well as several others.

Regular British race goers might make the leap.
Old 8 Nov 2019, 09:10 (Ref:3939181)   #152
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

How someone found a relationship between a Magnette and a Plymouth, I wonder…
That was easy. Come on Gerard you can do it.
Old 8 Nov 2019, 09:17 (Ref:3939184)   #153
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was the Allard Dean Butlers car?

It was ean Butlers car and was reguarly driven by Martin Walford.

No idea with the BRM though.
Old 8 Nov 2019, 09:30 (Ref:3939187)   #154
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
That was easy. Come on Gerard you can do it.
Merci infiniment pour vos encouragements, rbs it warms my heart! So you have famous driver/owner racing Marcos, Magnette,Lola, "B" and Plymouth… Onasis related?
The personnage missing was bauble, right?
BRM: its not D Hulme?
Old 8 Nov 2019, 09:47 (Ref:3939190)   #155
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Was the Allard Dean Butlers car?

It was ean Butlers car and was reguarly driven by Martin Walford.

No idea with the BRM though.

Read all the posts RB!
Old 8 Nov 2019, 09:51 (Ref:3939191)   #156
bauble
Veteran

England
Slow down, take it easy, no competition, just a few nice pictures;
Attached Thumbnails
era.jpg   023.JPG   IMG_0692.JPG  

095.JPG   IMG_0959.JPG   IMG_6115.JPG  

Old 8 Nov 2019, 09:54 (Ref:3939192)   #157
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Chris Merrick? Tom de Gres? Chris Merrick!
Signé Momo Derrick…
Old 8 Nov 2019, 10:11 (Ref:3939194)   #158
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Chris Merrick? Tom de Gres? Chris Merrick!
Signé Momo Derrick…
RB, should we put Gerard out of his misery? I bet he has never heard of OL.....!
Old 8 Nov 2019, 10:50 (Ref:3939199)   #159
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Bryant?
Old 8 Nov 2019, 11:13 (Ref:3939204)   #160
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Well done, I knew you could do it.
Old 8 Nov 2019, 11:29 (Ref:3939208)   #161
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Although - the answer came to me when I noticed that 4 of the pictures were all called ollie*.jpg, and that his name is written on the side of at least two cars.......
Old 8 Nov 2019, 12:08 (Ref:3939215)   #162
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Merci encore rbs, good to read that. I didn't think about the name on the car tho… Second exam success of the year for me, last one was a blood pressure one…
Mind you Bryant is well known in France, we consider him as a pro-driver. A tough competitor, fast and reliable I'd say. Hope you agree.

Last edited by Gerard C; 8 Nov 2019 at 12:14.
Old 8 Nov 2019, 16:38 (Ref:3939262)   #163
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Merci encore rbs, good to read that. I didn't think about the name on the car tho… Second exam success of the year for me, last one was a blood pressure one…
Mind you Bryant is well known in France, we consider him as a pro-driver. A tough competitor, fast and reliable I'd say. Hope you agree.
I thought these would make it too easy.
Attached Thumbnails
Ollie a.JPG   Ollie b.JPG   Ollie c.JPG  

Old 8 Nov 2019, 17:09 (Ref:3939267)   #164
bauble
Veteran

England
A few pictures ….
Attached Thumbnails
No clue 4.JPG   No clues 5.jpg   No clues 6.jpg  

No Clue 1.JPG   No clue 3.JPG   No clue 2.JPG  

Old 8 Nov 2019, 18:54 (Ref:3939283)   #165
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
And now you take care to rename your pictures! Vicious…*
I'm looking for one of this thread's hero to tell what the yellow car is and what is the red one behind the Lago! Gentlemen…
If the Bentley special is that its not the prettiest they ever produced, imo.
Old 8 Nov 2019, 19:02 (Ref:3939286)   #166
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
A few pictures ….
🤣
Old 8 Nov 2019, 19:03 (Ref:3939287)   #167
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Your Bentley special?
Referring to the copy 39 Lagonda Le Mans Car?
Old 8 Nov 2019, 19:04 (Ref:3939288)   #168
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Mr Bauble
A really good thread
Back to old days!
Old 8 Nov 2019, 19:07 (Ref:3939290)   #169
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Got me interested
Car behind Pilks Lago is a 250 F?
Old 8 Nov 2019, 19:22 (Ref:3939292)   #170
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
🤣
That's for you to decide.
Old 8 Nov 2019, 19:24 (Ref:3939294)   #171
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Got me interested
Car behind Pilks Lago is a 250 F?
Correct, John.

Your previous post is an enigma to me.
Old 8 Nov 2019, 19:34 (Ref:3939295)   #172
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
My bad, Bob, I guess john rouston's previous post is a reference to my question re copy Lagonda. Correct John?
Old 8 Nov 2019, 19:43 (Ref:3939298)   #173
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Yep!
Old 8 Nov 2019, 20:02 (Ref:3939300)   #174
bauble
Veteran

England
John, as you are so kind about my humble efforts;
Attached Thumbnails
JR4.jpg   JR12.JPG   JR18.JPG  

JR14.JPG   JR6.jpg   JR 17.JPG  

Old 9 Nov 2019, 07:05 (Ref:3939373)   #175
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Pic #6 how much for the 3 SU carbs set please? is the manifold included? If I can't afford, I'll go for the set of two! Otherwise do we have a Citroën pedal car?
The green car is obviously not a Bug'59/50B and not an Auto Onion C Type.
I guess the rims are Borranis but the car…
Wake up please rbs, and dont tell me its a 312 T6!!!

Last edited by Gerard C; 9 Nov 2019 at 07:23.