Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Sep 2020, 18:29 (Ref:3999504)   #26
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Serious warning…

A pure jewel of fun on the website ! If you go to Road Book - in fact you should - scroll to Autorisation radio-Communication and the read till the end as you should.
There's a very serious warning concerning all the radio systems you're allowed to use there. Last but not least, a good explanation of the CE markings. The stuff you use must be CE marked but not CE for China Export!!!

I love the belgian humor, well done! Did you see that, Martin?
Old 1 Sep 2020, 20:47 (Ref:3999522)   #27
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
A pure jewel of fun on the website ! If you go to Road Book - in fact you should - scroll to Autorisation radio-Communication and the read till the end as you should.
There's a very serious warning concerning all the radio systems you're allowed to use there. Last but not least, a good explanation of the CE markings. The stuff you use must be CE marked but not CE for China Export!!!

I love the belgian humor, well done! Did you see that, Martin?
Gerard, we all know that no one uses any type of radio com from pits to their driver, don't we so no need to worry about this authorisation requirement.
Using empty tins connected by lengths of string in the pitboxes also eliminates the need to get the authorisation, unless the tins originate from China !

As an aside, nothing really new came out of the latest Belg govt press conference today, so anyone intending to be in Belgium for longer than 48 hours still has to fill out the locator form , see https://travel.info-coronavirus.be/p...r-locator-form though no actual need to quarantine.

MartinH
Old 2 Sep 2020, 08:27 (Ref:3999561)   #28
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
We bought some walkie-talkies about 8 years ago . . . So Arthur could stay in the motorhome and we could keep in touch whilst out and about in the paddock etc, worked a treat at Spa . . . . at Goodwood, we used to pick up all the security guards moaning and groaning all the time, which was very funny, we used to speculate as to whom they were complaning about . . .fortunately there are lots of channels so finding some clear air wasn't a problem.

I thought all the new GT40's came with appleplay hands free anyway?
Old 2 Sep 2020, 09:26 (Ref:3999573)   #29
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I thought all the new GT40's came with appleplay hands free anyway?
Yes indeed…*They are all fitted with a rear view camera too, only difference the old ones screen are in B&W.
Old 3 Sep 2020, 09:21 (Ref:3999759)   #30
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Sadly the owner of the Galaxie has pulled the entry for 6 hour. HSCC have also pulled the plug on their race. Just Juniors left now along with pre war cars. Hmmmm
Old 4 Sep 2020, 07:10 (Ref:3999964)   #31
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Things should be sorted in next few days.
Should there be any cancellations are any of the decent circuits in UK prepared to sort an alternative?
Old 4 Sep 2020, 08:32 (Ref:3999974)   #32
Will Nuthall
Racer

Will Nuthall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You think it will be cancelled then John? Sure we will hear early next week if so.

More of the problem would be who would want to organise it!
I think the options on circuits would be quite limited, so when you say decent...
Old 4 Sep 2020, 09:22 (Ref:3999996)   #33
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
For the first time since 1992 I will not be going to Spa. FJ just cancelled.
Old 4 Sep 2020, 09:42 (Ref:4000000)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ouch. I feel sorry for Vincent and his team. Great people who don't deserve this hassle. Not alone of course but as Delta alludes, they make this whole event so unmissable. Without a lot of the supports can the main race continue? I haven't seen anything to the contrary so I believe as of today both MRL and Masters are attending.
Old 4 Sep 2020, 09:52 (Ref:4000006)   #35
Newall Andy
Rookie

Newall Andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6 HOUR IS OFF
Old 4 Sep 2020, 09:53 (Ref:4000007)   #36
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes as I wrote the above post the e mail dropped. Also the Hat Trick event for mid-October. Very sad but probably inevitable.
Old 4 Sep 2020, 09:54 (Ref:4000008)   #37
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just received this Roadbook newsletter
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot 2020-09-04 at 10.53.22.png  
Old 12 Sep 2020, 12:47 (Ref:4001863)   #38
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
So MRL are organising a race meeting at end of October as a replacement for Spa 6 hr people.
Old 12 Sep 2020, 13:30 (Ref:4001865)   #39
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Indeed. Watch this space they said.
Old 12 Sep 2020, 18:36 (Ref:4001917)   #40
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Indeed. Watch this space they said.
Errrrr sorry but how do you replace "Spa 6 hour race". Like many on here its the best race of the year.
Old 12 Sep 2020, 18:45 (Ref:4001924)   #41
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

You don’t but there is a possibility of a race for the cars that were intended for Spa.
There are not to many organisers prepared to run alternative meetings for our cars before the winter and they should be given our support.
I do not understand your comment?
Old 12 Sep 2020, 19:11 (Ref:4001931)   #42
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Errrrr sorry but how do you replace "Spa 6 hour race". Like many on here its the best race of the year.
Yes they can't replace the 6hrs but as John says, there may be races for cars that would have gone to the meeting. There is also Portugal to consider. Currently that won't have any British entrants.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 08:34 (Ref:4002090)   #43
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

It’s reasonable to speculate that 70% of cars at Spa are UK based.
MRL with Moss/Woodcote series plus a Pre War grid were on Spa programme and many of those people had a drive in 6 hrs
A day with the MRL series and some sort of 6 hrs based race at a top track should be applauded and backed by car owners.
The 6 hr could be 2 to 4 hrs which would allow for other grids
This with the Goodwood weekend in Mid October gives a missed season a decent end!
Old 15 Sep 2020, 06:06 (Ref:4002534)   #44
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I seem to remember another group trying their hardest to put on a six hour for those who couldn't do Spa.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 06:54 (Ref:4002536)   #45
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
With most of the UK circuits dormant, you's have thought there would be no shortage of location options? Snetterton maybe? ( Would suit JR/|Pace crew )

Brands GP would go down well with the neighbours
Old 15 Sep 2020, 07:00 (Ref:4002537)   #46
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Surprisingly most circuits have full programmes.
Snetterton full and when you think about the number of moderns and motor cycle meetings all squashed into a 10 week period not many days available.
Let’s see what happens this week.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 08:47 (Ref:4002549)   #47
Geraint Owen
Racer

Geraint Owen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Silverstone is free (its the sunday after the Birkett). Clocks change on saturday night so it will be dark early on the sunday

Not sure what the licence says about the number of starters for a say 3 hour race but it is going to be 60+. Could be a good day with Prewar, Woodcote/SMT and Group 1/2 as support

I wonder how hard it is to get a couple of cases of Jupiler delivered?
Old 15 Sep 2020, 09:47 (Ref:4002557)   #48
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Now that sounds like a great idea!!
Old 15 Sep 2020, 10:18 (Ref:4002560)   #49
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geraint Owen View Post
I think Silverstone is free (its the sunday after the Birkett). Clocks change on saturday night so it will be dark early on the sunday

Not sure what the licence says about the number of starters for a say 3 hour race but it is going to be 60+. Could be a good day with Prewar, Woodcote/SMT and Group 1/2 as support

I wonder how hard it is to get a couple of cases of Jupiler delivered?
Not difficult at all. I had 10 kg of organic parmesan delivered in 24 hours from Modena recently . . . . and a zodiac 6 engine from Brussels!
Old 15 Sep 2020, 18:53 (Ref:4002668)   #50
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Organic parmesan is made from organic Canadian milk and must be aged of ten at least! If you're thinking about a pizza, put an organic egg from an organic chicken!