Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 May 2006, 20:01 (Ref:1604522)   #26
Bottle
Rookie

Bottle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some of our party have received theirs (don't think it's alphabetical as one's a "W"!)
Old 9 May 2006, 20:07 (Ref:1604526)   #27
Bottle
Rookie

Bottle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Tickets Thread (Merged) Wanted, Selling or Just Information

Hi, We've actually had one drop out of our party, but we have already paid for their ticket. So if anyone is interested in 1 General Entry Ticket and 1 Tribune 17 (Durand) Ticket, please let me know. We paid €145 for both (£100).

All the best (and see you there!),

Mark
Old 9 May 2006, 20:43 (Ref:1604562)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds like a good deal to me...... (if I wasn't already catered for, that is...)
Old 9 May 2006, 20:55 (Ref:1604578)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickytoria2002
hiya I get my ticket every year from just tickets and motoring, they give me priority every year i come home there is a complimants slip and offer of tickets for the following year so my chapelle camping is secured each year, now im laughing all the way to the track. they are a little bit more expensive than going direct but then again they have to make their money.

Welcome to the forum!

Its a sensible way to do it, of course. I got tickets from "JT" a few years back. Luckily for me I didn't have to pay for them......
Old 9 May 2006, 21:03 (Ref:1604592)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Just one big thread now for all LM ticket needs, info etc. It'll be slightly confusing at first as I've combined 4 threads, but we'll get there in the end - otherwise we'll end up with 400 "ticket" threads by this time next week........
Old 10 May 2006, 15:19 (Ref:1605162)   #31
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Mine arrived last week whilst I was in the States. Luckily my neighbour took the package in for me - had been sent UPS - and it was waiting for me when I got home. Which lifted that post-holiday feeling
Old 10 May 2006, 18:31 (Ref:1605290)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Just brings the moment that much closer, doesn't it......?

By the way, I had a "Sod it" moment and bought one of those Tertre Rouge tickets..... It seemed to me it would give me a good place to rest up during the night. So if you see a baldin, pot-bellied geezer with a white floppy hat on wielding a 10D and a tripod up there during the night, come and say hello!

Last edited by Aysedasi; 10 May 2006 at 18:33.
Old 10 May 2006, 21:05 (Ref:1605433)   #33
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
...So if you see a baldin, pot-bellied geezer with a white floppy hat on wielding a 10D and a tripod up there during the night, come and say hello!

if you see AllonFS, I bet you can say hello too
Old 11 May 2006, 06:10 (Ref:1605633)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
.... and I'm carrying even more weight now, sadly.......

On the general story of tickets, there's a guy on eBay right now selling two Maison Blanche GS tickets. His starting price is £300, which he says was what he paid. I've asked him how he came to be so ripped off for tiockets the face value of which is €93 each........
Old 11 May 2006, 07:02 (Ref:1605660)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Has anyone bought any tickets from the online service?

I only ask as when I bought my Tertre Rouge GS ticket, there was no mention of postage. I have paid the bare €75 for it. Just to check, I sent the ACO an email to ask them to make sure it was sent to me. I've now been told that I have to collect the ticket.

Now, that's no great problem (provided that I can be sure where to collect it from - the office under the ACO stand perhaps?), but I'm just concerned that this simply wasn't made clear on the booking pages and it ought to be clear that anyone who buys tickets online now will have to COLLECT the tickets they book. They won't be posted......
Old 11 May 2006, 07:45 (Ref:1605694)   #36
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The ACO ticket collection office is usual in the Expo Centre.
Old 11 May 2006, 08:15 (Ref:1605772)   #37
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
... (provided that I can be sure where to collect it from - the office under the ACO stand perhaps...
during the LM week, you need to go to the general welcome (outside the circuit, expo building "rotonde")
Old 11 May 2006, 19:59 (Ref:1606251)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b
during the LM week, you need to go to the general welcome (outside the circuit, expo building "rotonde")
I confess I've never heard of it. Is it near one of the entrances?
Old 11 May 2006, 20:32 (Ref:1606303)   #39
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
Old 11 May 2006, 20:35 (Ref:1606308)   #40
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
from main entrance: turn right, pass under the bridge, turn left, 500m, entry is on right hand
Old 12 May 2006, 05:43 (Ref:1606646)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's really helpful Bernard, thanks very much indeed. Is is open during "normal" hours? I'll probably look to nip in there Friday as soon as we arrive (which should be lunchtime-ish......).
Old 12 May 2006, 10:36 (Ref:1606869)   #42
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
open 8h30 18h00 non-stop

have a look at the brochure : http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...et_24h2006.pdf
Old 18 May 2006, 12:36 (Ref:1613431)   #43
Groupc
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
Groupc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Camping Bleu

Hi all.

My Camping Bleu tickets arrived recently via Just Tickets. I am slightly concerned in that unlike camping tickets from previous years the actual ticket is solid blue in colour with black printing rather than the white ones - sorry if I'm making this more compicated than it needs to be - I've received in the past.

Simply is this the pukka item ? Have any of you received the same ? perhaps even direct from the ACO ?

Thanks in advance
Old 18 May 2006, 12:50 (Ref:1613450)   #44
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groupc
My Camping Bleu tickets arrived recently via Just Tickets. I am slightly concerned in that unlike camping tickets from previous years the actual ticket is solid blue in colour with black printing rather than the white ones - sorry if I'm making this more compicated than it needs to be - I've received in the past.

Simply is this the pukka item ? Have any of you received the same ? perhaps even direct from the ACO ?
I'm sure it's 'pukka'. I'm pretty sure my 'Parking Blanc' sticker is also solid blue with black print this year, and that came direct from the ACO. I reckon it's simply a new idea which has been brought in to help the ACO attendants to check that cars are entering the correct camping/parking. I believe Chapelle camping stickers are actually green this year.

Last edited by Bentley03; 18 May 2006 at 12:57.
Old 18 May 2006, 17:57 (Ref:1613648)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've certainly seen some solid colour camping tickets up for sale on eBay......

Got one of my tickets today. Just waiting for the other ones.....
Old 18 May 2006, 20:39 (Ref:1613764)   #46
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
mine from ACO for tertre rouge campsite is full red ! (quite aggressive BTW)
as Bentley says, it'll be probably easier for "controleurs" to guide you to the right place
Old 18 May 2006, 21:34 (Ref:1613812)   #47
Groupc
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
Well that's another worry out of the way - just if my new Igloo roller coolbox will really hold ice for 5 days in 90 deg F and the weather to worry about now !

Thanks all

Julian
Old 19 May 2006, 07:57 (Ref:1614018)   #48
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
...just if my new Igloo roller coolbox will really hold ice for 5 days in 90 deg F ...
Finally, a matter that I can report on with authority

We had an Igloo 'Maxcold' coolbox last year, which has the same 5 day claim. As you will recall it was Hot As Hell last June at LM, so it was a baptism of fire for the big blue box.

I'd prepared some ice before we left the UK and we also had a small ice making machine with us (which at times struggled against the heat as the ice was melting faster than it could be frozen).

The box kept the original ice frozen for about 3 days, but we were opening the lid all the time and refilling it with room temperature bottles regularly.

Alas, there is no room in the car for it this year.
Old 19 May 2006, 11:53 (Ref:1614156)   #49
Groupc
Racer

England
Bedfordshire

Good news !! I was slightly more worried about that than the tickets ! I have the same model; it's supposed to hold over 100 cans. So I'll make do with 90 odd cans of London Pride and fill the rest with ice.

Do the nearby Carrefour sell ice or is it a case of chatting up Pierre le Poisson on the fish counter ? I've always thought a truck going round the camp sites selling ice would make a killing. Think about it. On a hot day you'd pay a small fortune for a coolbox full of ice...
Old 19 May 2006, 16:54 (Ref:1614329)   #50
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
Quote:
...I've always thought a truck going round the camp sites selling ice would make a killing. Think about it. On a hot day you'd pay a small fortune for a coolbox full of ice...
Gilles told me once that he (or someone he knows) asked the ACO for that : go round campsites selling ice, of course paying a fee for this business.
ACO refused !
how stupid are they ...
on tertre rouge campsites, people cleaning the showers used to sell fresh bread and croissants on sunday morning ; again, ACO told them to stop this business