Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 May 2006, 15:48 (Ref:1622136)   #1
j-dowsett
Rookie

j-dowsett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans: Live online stream?

Does anyone know of any websites offering live streaming of the race?

The only TV I've found is Motors TV availble through Sky Digital, but we only have freeview.

Thanks
Old 29 May 2006, 17:32 (Ref:1622219)   #2
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
'Don't know of any, but, tune in: http://www.radiolemans.com/ ,
timing and scoring, and you'll be there...

jimclark
Old 30 May 2006, 02:34 (Ref:1622558)   #3
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
I think our coverage will be fine.

Somebody needs to invest in a Slingbox and send it to somebody over in Europe. Im not sure if there's a PAL version yet, though.
Old 30 May 2006, 08:32 (Ref:1622689)   #4
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
last year there was a webcam .. that showed photos from time to time ..
it was better than nothing

Ciao Marco
Old 30 May 2006, 18:10 (Ref:1623169)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dowsett
Does anyone know of any websites offering live streaming of the race?

The only TV I've found is Motors TV availble through Sky Digital, but we only have freeview.

Thanks
I don't know of any, sadly. But I console myself weith the fact that from the Friday, I'll be there.......

Welcome to the forum by the way!!

Old 30 May 2006, 22:02 (Ref:1623355)   #6
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie
I think our coverage will be fine.

Somebody needs to invest in a Slingbox and send it to somebody over in Europe. Im not sure if there's a PAL version yet, though.
I thought of that, but a Slingbox can only be viewed by one person at a time, according to their FAQs..

Is there a cheat?
Old 30 May 2006, 23:19 (Ref:1623405)   #7
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This really is an area where Motorsport needs to "sharpen it's pencil" in the coming years.

As broadband speeds continue to rise then online TV viewing is an important area which cannot be ignored. For example until this year I hardly new anything about German DTM, but after viewing some of last years Video archives on the official website then my interest has been raised as a result. I even joined the Greengrass website to view the ALMS stuff only for it to be pulled from the site a week after I'd paid!

Viewing races via the internet has many potential advantages for example a PC based viewer IMO is better placed to access more interactive features like Live Timing or a Virtual Blimp-Cam of the Circuit with the car icons going round.

We all don't want to subscribe to various Satellite Channels for a whole year just to see a handful of races. What we need is the facility to dip into TV coverage of a Motorsport event when we want to. Broadband could provide this.

Last edited by Flat12-Aircool; 30 May 2006 at 23:21.
Old 31 May 2006, 03:22 (Ref:1623494)   #8
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Can a fellow Speed viewer confirm my understanding of said channel's schedule regarding Le Mans?

From the the looks of things, by my reckoning, we are only going to miss 5 hours of the race (to make way for NASCAR). Apart from that, it is live coverage of the whole event.

If my interpretation is correct, well, I am quite impressed. Of course, 12 hours of it will be adverts...but, hey, you can't have everything!

There is no way I am going to sleep, .
Old 31 May 2006, 07:44 (Ref:1623567)   #9
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
well .. i'm only gonna miss 4 hours of it .. cause the stupid cable company cuts off MotorsTV to put some kind of pr0n channel..
but i'll be listening to radiolemans.com during that time

Ciao Marco
Old 31 May 2006, 10:23 (Ref:1623667)   #10
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
......but i'll be listening to radiolemans.com during that time

But you'll keep the TV on just in case they cut back to it right !!!!!
Old 31 May 2006, 16:44 (Ref:1623960)   #11
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
riiiight!!!!

Ciao Marco
Old 31 May 2006, 19:53 (Ref:1624100)   #12
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
RLM will be online for this weekend's Test Day.

Plus Jan Lammer's site will be hosting live telemetry for the RfH car during the qualifying sessions and the race (and might be online for the Test Day).
Old 1 Jun 2006, 01:42 (Ref:1624298)   #13
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Well I know with Winfast Tuner cards you can use Netmeeting, though that feature really isn't in Windows XP anymore, it is a part of MSN Msger, though I haven't been able to figure it out.

Winamp has dozens of Internet TV channels....

I believe the future is timing and scoring with track map view of the cars running on it. Why not? All the cars have transponders anyway.

I know there's a way to plumb the cable feed from Motors TV up to the web and people can watch it. The bandwith is an issue though as alot of IP's would get upset if Gig's of information was going over their servers without any additional payment.

First before we get webcasting of events like this, Le Mans needs to be in HD.... Speed needs to be in HD.
Old 1 Jun 2006, 12:31 (Ref:1624539)   #14
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
B24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I hope they come up with something in the future.
I have found bit's and pieces with the "feed me video's" thread being a great help in this regard.
Down here in Australia we have a 45 min review three weeks after the event on foxtel and that's it!!
I guess it's like a goal in a football match. You do appreciate the little you see.
Old 1 Jun 2006, 20:41 (Ref:1624933)   #15
j-dowsett
Rookie

j-dowsett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't speak dutch, but
http://www.raceworld.tv/content/tpl_...pid=587&cid=13
has 'Le Mans' in the upcoming events box. Will be needing radio Le Mans for commentary though!
Old 11 Jun 2006, 11:02 (Ref:1631593)   #16
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
i've heard that premiere.de . will have a live internet broadcast full 24h

Ciao Marco
Old 11 Jun 2006, 17:05 (Ref:1631777)   #17
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
i've heard that premiere.de . will have a live internet broadcast full 24h
Indeed: http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/s...net.115237.htm

Audi isn't happy with the fact there's (almost) zero interest in the Audi Diesel project by German TV channels. The Premiere coverage is made possible by Audi. I don't know if the live stream is available outside Germany.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 06:19 (Ref:1632117)   #18
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I don't suppose the internet stream would be restricted. Is it free?
Old 12 Jun 2006, 10:00 (Ref:1632285)   #19
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
It's free
Old 14 Jun 2006, 12:32 (Ref:1634265)   #20
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by diffuser
Could anyone who speaks dutch perhaps explain what is says on the rtl.nl site? I think they're saying the stream is on www.rtlsport.nl, but I really can't figure it out, nor can I find anythink related to a live stream on rtlsport.nl
Here's a short translation:
Quote:
24 Hour of Le Mans LIVE at www.rtlsport.nl
At internet you can follow the race 24 hours. From 13 until 16 June there's are LM news updates on RTL7 [TV channel] and on 17 and 18 June there is live coverage and news updates on the same channel.
I assume there's a live video stream on rtlsport.nl but I am not 100% sure. I also don't know if it's available outside Holland. Maybe they mean with live coverage only live timing and scoring?

There will be a live video stream at www.premiere.de (thanks to Audi). But again I don't know if it's available outside Germany.

I am sure the links of the live video streams will be posted here on Ten-Tenths just before the start of the race. So at that time keep an eye on this forum.
Old 14 Jun 2006, 12:45 (Ref:1634276)   #21
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
There will be a live video stream at www.premiere.de (thanks to Audi). But again I don't know if it's available outside Germany.
Quote:
Das 24-Stunden-Rennen in Le Mans ab Samstag, 17.6. 2006, 16:30 Uhr in voller Länge live über das PREMIERE SPORTPORTAL, Option 8!
source: http://www.premiere.de/premweb/cms/d...o_specials.jsp
Old 14 Jun 2006, 17:28 (Ref:1634472)   #22
DCC
Rookie

Turkey
Istanbul
DCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not quite a "stream" but you can view Racing For Holland no. 14 car's live telemetry.

http://www.janlammers.com/XmlParser/...ome\\index.xsl

1- Click the link above.
2- Click "Racing For Holland" on the bar above the page.
3- Click "Live" on the sub-bar under "Racing For Holland", and there you have it.

Cheers
Old 14 Jun 2006, 18:33 (Ref:1634519)   #23
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't seen this elsewhere on here so I will post it up. Flying Lizard have their pit-car radio communications. Although someone (Patrick I think) was just asking what the pit lane speed limiter light meant, sounded slightly disconcerting!

http://www.lizardms.com/radio.htm
Old 14 Jun 2006, 18:52 (Ref:1634532)   #24
Dagobert II
Rookie

Netherlands
Hengelo (O), NL
Dagobert II should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCC
Not quite a "stream" but you can view Racing For Holland no. 14 car's live telemetry.

http://www.janlammers.com/XmlParser/index.asp?xmlfile=algemeennieuws\\nieuws.xml&xslfile=home\\index.xsl

1- Click the link above.
2- Click "Racing For Holland" on the bar above the page.
3- Click "Live" on the sub-bar under "Racing For Holland", and there you have it.

Cheers
It's a bit busy now. The telemetry isn't working well. But Radio Le Mans just brought an update for qualifying: 1 Audi #7/ 2 Audi#8 /3 Pescarolo/4 Pescarolo/...7 RfH (4'30''+).
'It's wet. No sight, just the sound of the car in front of you.' According an Audi spokesman.
Old 14 Jun 2006, 18:55 (Ref:1634533)   #25
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagobert II
It's a bit busy now. The telemetry isn't working well. But Radio Le Mans just brought an update for qualifying: 1 Audi #7/ 2 Audi#8 /3 Pescarolo/4 Pescarolo/...7 RfH (4'30''+).
'It's wet. No sight, just the sound of the car in front of you.' According an Audi spokesman.
Here's live timing:
http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...s/chronos.html