Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Jun 2006, 11:22 (Ref:1628395)   #201
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
http://globecast.workscast.com/

use Windows Media Player .. Open URL and put that link
just clicking should work too

Well, I'd like tl just mark how brilliant the quality of the feed was. Over the last couple of years I've found it poor - wandering in and out with strange echos and so on. On Sunday it was rock solid (as was my mate Trussers.... ). I'm even enough of an anorak to be playing some that I recorded in the car......
Old 6 Jun 2006, 11:48 (Ref:1628426)   #202
MaxMotus
Rookie

United Kingdom
Loughborough
MaxMotus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PIT Lane Exit

Not only is the pitlane exit 400m longer, but the cars have to stay on the pitlane limiter vertually until they get to the chicane. And to make things worse, as they turn left onto the track you are crossing the path at 90 degrees of the cars braking for the chicane.

Pescerolo made comments in drivers breifing that it was dangerous and they should revert to the old pitlane exit for the race as cars missing there braking could take out cars exiting the pitlane.

Less pitstops is a big advantage for sure allow the race is long and anything could happen though...

MM
Old 6 Jun 2006, 12:28 (Ref:1628471)   #203
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMotus
Not only is the pitlane exit 400m longer, but the cars have to stay on the pitlane limiter vertually until they get to the chicane. And to make things worse, as they turn left onto the track you are crossing the path at 90 degrees of the cars braking for the chicane.

Pescerolo made comments in drivers breifing that it was dangerous and they should revert to the old pitlane exit for the race as cars missing there braking could take out cars exiting the pitlane.

Less pitstops is a big advantage for sure allow the race is long and anything could happen though...

MM

I confess I've been slow to pick up on this.

Do we know why the ACO have chosen to alter the pitlane exit?
Old 6 Jun 2006, 12:33 (Ref:1628476)   #204
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi

It was the FIA who insisted on the change, presumably due to the proximity of (what would have been) the new pit exit to the apex of the corner.
Old 6 Jun 2006, 12:38 (Ref:1628481)   #205
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
What, Balestre's ghost..........?
Old 6 Jun 2006, 12:49 (Ref:1628490)   #206
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
What, Balestre's ghost..........?
Makes you wonder..........
Old 6 Jun 2006, 13:35 (Ref:1628521)   #207
MaxMotus
Rookie

United Kingdom
Loughborough
MaxMotus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pit exit

Actually I think its for Moto GP the changes have been made. The Circuit runs its own body the ACO. Not sure if the FIA have any mojor effect on the circuit as I don't recall many if any FIA races here.

The old pit exit was into the apex of a fast turn and I'm sure it only effected the bike as cars would take a much wider line.

This new one is waiting for a big T-bone, so many cars went off there on the test. Always gravel down there!

MM
Old 6 Jun 2006, 14:15 (Ref:1628539)   #208
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMotus
The Circuit runs its own body the ACO. Not sure if the FIA have any mojor effect on the circuit as I don't recall many if any FIA races here.
The circuit itself has to be homologated/sanctioned by the FIA.

Here's the article anyway.
Old 6 Jun 2006, 15:22 (Ref:1628570)   #209
Erki
Racer

Estonia
Tartu, Estonia
Erki has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Why? I have always understood that Le Mans had nothing to do with the FIA... I thought it was ACO who was the boss...
Old 6 Jun 2006, 15:30 (Ref:1628573)   #210
Fieldgate
Racer

Fieldgate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was disappointed at the access over the test day. Porsche curves were off limit, full inside of Tertre Rouge was off-limits, karting side of Porsche Curves ditto...

Oh and forget "the Village" - it ws the village of the damned and I can't belive it will be anything other than a building site in 2 weeks time as well.
Old 6 Jun 2006, 19:10 (Ref:1628723)   #211
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Do we know why the ACO puts 25kg in the cars for a air condition which isnt there this year?
Sometimes better not to know
Old 6 Jun 2006, 21:23 (Ref:1628823)   #212
hindy
Racer

hindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Radio Le Mans

Thanks for all the comments and apologies for our slightly late start - there were some technical problems with the link from the track ... I see that you liked the quality...so it was worth waiting for... my thanks to Eve, Andy and Graham who were at the track sorting out the issues.

As you noticed I was at Thruxton for ITV - unfortunately that gig pays my bills.... however I'll be down at LM Tuesday night.

I hope you thought our first effort at test day was worthwhile - we were broadcasting on FM at the track for the first time too.

As ever Paul Truswell was at his best - and even from London was right acrosss all the action.

Big thanks are also due to Sam Collins from Racecar Engineering who will also be reporting for us across this weekned and into Wednesday's Midweek Motorsport, all available on www.radiolemans.com

For those of you attending the race the frequency is 91.2 FM - you will see R.LEMANS on the RDS in the car.

Any one who needs a radio can buy one from our shop in the village or from Radio Le Mans roving sellers. Please only purchase from our official sellers as
a) we have paid for the rights
b) every radio helps to support RLM

Since Haymarket have stepped away for the station this is the first year of our new venture. Please help us by supporting our on-line competitons and give consideration to all our sponsors (details on our website but they include EVO, Audi UK, Aston Martin, X-Markets and SeaFrance) when you need services or goods that they supply. By the way SeaFrance have a special offer for those of you who haven't booked yet... full details at www.radiolemans.com

many thanks and see you all down there

JH
Old 7 Jun 2006, 14:10 (Ref:1629267)   #213
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Some pictures taken inside the paddock: http://www.mtm-france.com/reportages...s2006_Paddock/

Motorsport.com also have very nice pictures.
Old 7 Jun 2006, 15:52 (Ref:1629338)   #214
awegrzyn
Racer

awegrzyn has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Where can I see a list of times from this test?
Old 7 Jun 2006, 15:57 (Ref:1629341)   #215
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...eetest_18h.pdf
http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...bestsector.pdf

try these pdf files

Ciao Marco
Old 7 Jun 2006, 16:03 (Ref:1629343)   #216
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I came over on seafrance and its was good - bit quieter than P&O
Old 9 Jun 2006, 09:54 (Ref:1630500)   #217
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
The pitlane exit problem has been solved: Pit exit : South exit agreed
Old 9 Jun 2006, 10:22 (Ref:1630516)   #218
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
The pitlane exit problem has been solved: Pit exit : South exit agreed
Does this mean the old exit (that we know and love) will be used for the 24 this year? or is this an alternate "new" exit?
Old 9 Jun 2006, 10:29 (Ref:1630524)   #219
Erki
Racer

Estonia
Tartu, Estonia
Erki has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yes.
Old 9 Jun 2006, 10:47 (Ref:1630535)   #220
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
This is potentially of huge importance. In a really close race between the Audis and Pescas, quicker pit stop times as a result of using the old exit could have an impact on the overall result. Someone mentioned recently how a last minute weight ruling led to Mazda winning in 1991, this could have the same impact.

Or not of course

At the very least it should be a lot safer, the new chicane is tight enough without chucking in cars exiting the pits.
Old 9 Jun 2006, 11:23 (Ref:1630546)   #221
WouterM
Racer

Netherlands
WouterM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is surprising nobody mentioned this yet, but from the first laps on Sunday there were a number of cars that ignored the 60 km/h speedlimit up the hill. Among them were the two Pescarolos and the IMSA Performance Porsche. I was impressed by this bold move of Pescarolo's; it takes guts to challenge the ACO. It seems like his actions have paid off.
Old 9 Jun 2006, 15:44 (Ref:1630686)   #222
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
According to lmsr.net there would be an Audi press conference this morning. Did this happen?
Old 9 Jun 2006, 17:27 (Ref:1630725)   #223
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
wrong friday - its next week.

I think LMSR lack the media info book reading the site. Pug announcement is on thursday. Audi conference is an annual event. Lasy year they served very weird cocktails
Old 15 Jun 2006, 16:23 (Ref:1635199)   #224
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
had another interesting dinner last night this time with some Japanese fellahs,

a quote from one of them regarding a major new (manufacturer) arrival at le mans in the very near future - "dealing with them is like meeting a beautiful woman, you take her to dinner but don't get near the bedroom, but you still want to take her to dinner again, we have now had a lot of dinners with her and finally we are at the bedroom door."

I'm not sure what I'm allowed to give away yet but this car will likely not be a hybrid electric.
Could this be related?
Quote:
McNish predicts Toyota return
By John McIlroy June 15th 2006, 14:52 GMT

Le Mans winner and former Formula One driver Allan McNish has tipped his former employer Toyota to return to the sportscar endurance classic, the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
source: autosport.com
Old 15 Jun 2006, 16:30 (Ref:1635203)   #225
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
-----