Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Jan 2020, 00:30 (Ref:3951659)   #2221
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Itís good to do. Quali is rarely shown. But itís good we still have some coverage. Lucky those who can watch it live. I just we keep a limit on the number of races on the calendar
Sky show qualifying. Pretty much the best part of the GP weekend, .
Old 15 Jan 2020, 01:35 (Ref:3951664)   #2222
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B has a real shot at the podium!E.B has a real shot at the podium!E.B has a real shot at the podium!E.B has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Sky show qualifying. Pretty much the best part of the GP weekend, .
I agree. I always try and watch qualy live. Especially Q3. Something about those last few minutes that has always grabbed me from the first days of F1 coverage.
Old 15 Jan 2020, 10:26 (Ref:3951706)   #2223
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
It's good to watch and quali can be something interesting, but Q3 is the best. It's always down to the wire with that
Old 15 Jan 2020, 10:37 (Ref:3951712)   #2224
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It's good to watch and quali can be something interesting, but Q3 is the best. It's always down to the wire with that
I would disagree with this view slightly.

The end of each Q session can be the best to watch, depending on the situation.

Seeing who makes it out of each Q, and which teams/drivers have miscalculated is more enjoyable (IMO) than watching the best teams demonstrate their superiority in Q3.

For example, Aus GP - McLaren and RBR miss Q2 or Mercedes set a 1-2?
Old 16 Jan 2020, 20:33 (Ref:3951987)   #2225
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 has a real shot at the podium!NaBUru38 has a real shot at the podium!NaBUru38 has a real shot at the podium!NaBUru38 has a real shot at the podium!
Liberty has claimed a target of 25 races, so they add races in dubious countries without losing the classic racetracks.
Old 16 Jan 2020, 21:57 (Ref:3951998)   #2226
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
Dutch chap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keep checking the progress at Zandvoort. It's going to be an amazing track, with those banked corners: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYtL...Ts&app=desktop
Old 16 Jan 2020, 22:39 (Ref:3952016)   #2227
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch chap View Post
Keep checking the progress at Zandvoort. It's going to be an amazing track, with those banked corners: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYtL...Ts&app=desktop
Circuit is looking really promising, one of the most interesting on the calendar, really love the height changes during the course of the lap!
And the banking!

I am still really interested to know how the F1s and more particularly the Pirelli tyres are going to handle those 19 degree banked corners, given Indy has 9.5 degree banking, and we all know what happened there with the Michelin tyres. The oil systems in the engines may get "interesting" too.

Last edited by wnut; 16 Jan 2020 at 22:53.
Old 17 Jan 2020, 18:52 (Ref:3952120)   #2228
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
putting political/cultural issues aside, i am curious to see what they would build for it!
quoting myself lol

this picture makes me want to go there.

this one reminds me why i shouldn't.

15 century meets the 22nd...actually should use this second picture for a caption contest. what could those two travelers out of time be saying to one another?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...on-hi-46832552
Old 17 Jan 2020, 18:54 (Ref:3952121)   #2229
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
quoting myself lol

this one reminds me why i shouldn't.

15 century meets the 22nd...actually should use this second picture for a caption contest. what could those two travelers out of time be saying to one another?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...on-hi-46832552
None of those pictures make me want to go. Disneyland meets F1.
Old 17 Jan 2020, 19:05 (Ref:3952122)   #2230
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I looked at that and was going to jokingly say that I had no interest because the roller coaster right didn't go next to or over the race track. Then I looked at the rest of the images and then holy cow! Apparently they are considering doing that! Would they run the coaster during the race?

The images show a very lush setup. Do they have the water to maintain that level of green?

Also has anyone mentioned that the circuit was designed by Alex Wurz and not Tilke Engineering? Now, it's my understanding that companies like Tilke Engineering is not just drawing the outline of the circuit on a napkin, but are full service designers/architects in that they understand what is needed at a modern F1 circuit. Who is the Architect/Engineering firm for this project? I assume they brought in Wurz to do the layout? And I assume some of this is to avoid the "Tilkedrome" label (no guarantees that Wurz will do any better of a job).

Richard
Old 17 Jan 2020, 19:29 (Ref:3952126)   #2231
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
...Do they have the water to maintain that level of green?
with the sweat of one thousand thousand indentured labourers!
Old 17 Jan 2020, 19:39 (Ref:3952128)   #2232
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
with the sweat of one thousand thousand indentured labourers!
Lol. Something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
None of those pictures make me want to go. Disneyland meets F1.
I probably would have little interest in all of the other stuff. But amenities right at the tracks are always nice. Sometimes if you want to eat, it's either track food (hit or miss on quality and then always expensive) or usually travel miles away for good food and lodging.

I have mixed feelings. It could be that new track construction in the middle of nowhere with nothing else going on are just not viable. In the end, chances of me attending this race in person? Nearly zero.

Richard
Old 17 Jan 2020, 21:36 (Ref:3952144)   #2233
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I probably would have little interest in all of the other stuff. But amenities right at the tracks are always nice. Sometimes if you want to eat, it's either track food (hit or miss on quality and then always expensive) or usually travel miles away for good food and lodging.

Richard

One of the exceptions to the rule is Suzuka, which is fairly remote (a good 8 hour drive from Tokyo), which forms part of a motorsport resort with a hotel (where most if not all the teams and drivers stay, restaurants and amusements for all the family.

And the track-side catering for the spectators is pretty good too, with a huge spread of different cuisines to cater for both the Japanese tastes and for visitors from further afield. And very reasonably priced, to boot.
Old 17 Jan 2020, 22:36 (Ref:3952157)   #2234
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
quoting myself lol

Purely from a design point of view, is that a cross over?
Old 18 Jan 2020, 08:46 (Ref:3952181)   #2235
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Well Saudi Arabia have already got the Dakar Rally, now they want to have a GP. What next? I just wonder if it's going to replace one of the two GPs already in the Middle East