Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6 Jun 2010, 16:24 (Ref:2705548)   #1
dougcross70's
Rookie

United Kingdom
N Yorks
dougcross70's should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rallycross 2010 post-mortem

As a old greying Rallycross nut from the very start, spending many wet Saturday afternoons spectating at Crofts ITV World of Sport events I now find my self asking is Rallycross Uk going into yet another of its Lydden Hill death throws, where sadly that is the only venue operating.
This seems to happen with the sport every few years after its just past through a high up on the rise moment, ie after TV left in the seventies and a little bit after the metro/rs200's supercars left in eighties.
I see two championships, too many classes, too few circuits leading to reduced grids and in this time of not much cash about as a rallycross nut it does worry me a lot that the sport might be about to take a dive again.
I see XR4 buggy racing and the new spectacular Suzuki Swift one make series thinning pukka rallycross competitors out even more.
Perhaps many of you will lay into me for my comments, I am a total rallycross nut and would love to hear all the rallycross gang feedback